Like a Riddle

Into the New World

Yeonchan's POV

The moment they reached the entrance to the airport paparazzi started surrounding them. Yeonchan could never really get used to them trying to get closer. However, she still adjusted her sunglasses to make sure they won't snap an awful angle of hers.

She looked back at Yoongbin and Seulchan who were holding each other's hands and smiled. She knew that Yoongbin got light headed when the flashes hit her and she always needed support walking. So, she stayed close to her personal bodyguard and made way towards the SUV that was waiting for them.

As soon as they were safe inside she checked her messages. There was one from Taemin:

CANNOT WAIT 2 SEE YOU 2NIGHT! 

She smiled, but she felt a pang in her heart. There was a reason she agreed with Seulchan to go on this trip. She needed some time off to clear her head and think about a few things. It was raining in Seoul and as the rain kept hitting against the window she knew that she instantly felt one with the weather.

Seulchan's POV

Seulchan looked at Yeonchan and she knew there was something wrong, but she knew she needed some time alone. Something has been bothering her and she has been trying to get her to talk about it, but both Yoongbin and her knew that Yeonchan will talk it out when she has her thoughts figured out.

Just then Yeonchan's phone rang and she looked at the girls and put the call on speaker. It was their manager - Sam. 

"Hello, Sir Sam", Yeonchan called out, using our favourite nickname on the manager. 

He giggled, "hi girls. Hope you had a good trip to the Bahamas. Listen, I am calling to tell you guys to stop at my place first thing tomorrow morning. Of course, I would like to discuss about it today, but I understand that you may be tired."

Seulchan looked at the others and instantly knew that they were all curious. Sam never called the girls to his place unless it was important. Last time he called, it was to pop a bottle of champagne over the fact that their song made the Top 50 in the US Billboards.

"We will come over tonight!" Seulchan yelled out. "We need to give you the little gifts we got you as well."

She could hear the smile in Sam's voice when he said, "that would be great. Dinner is on me." 

Seulchan smiled and sat back in her seat, wondering out loud what it could be. She had to admit that Sam was a pretty great manager. Compared to the managers that the other groups in SM got, Sam was more chilled out. He wasn't too strict on going public about dating as long as it didn't conflict with our schedules. He didn't overwork the girls and they always had a say in how things were done. That is more than what the other bands could do. 

While thinking of that, Seulchan rested her head and dozed off.

Yoongbin's POV

Yoongbin was the first to enter their apartment. True, they were rich enough to afford houses, but somehow they refused to leave and ended up buying an apartment which would be enough for all three of them. It was a really chic place too. It had the usuals: kitchen, living room, three bedrooms. What it added value with of course was the breathtaking view of Seoul and the private rooftop patio which their apartment had access to. This rooftop patio has come quite handy during their occassional parties and get-togethers. 

Yoongbin went into her room and plopped on to the bed, too lazy to take a shower. She was thinking of what Sam might have to tell them when Yeonchan walked into her room.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey you! What's up?"

"I think I'm going to talk to Taemin," she said grimly.

Instantly Yoongbin knew what it was about. 

"But why?" was all she could sum up. 

"I don't know," Yeonchan said, sitting on her bed, "it just has not been working out between us. I am not happy in this relationship."

"But relationships need to be worked on..." Yoongbin said quietly.

Yeonchan smiled sadly. "It's not the same for you and Key," she said talking of Yoongbin's boyfriend. "You guys have been together for about 7 years already. Taemin and I are new, but it's already tiring and I feel like I am constantly expecting too much."

Yoongbin walked over to her, "Well if it feels like he isn't treating you right, then you need to do the right thing. You deserve much better! You need to know that."

Yeonchan nodded and got up from the bed. 

"Well then, let's rest for a bit and then head out to Sam's. I'll meet Taemin tomorrow."

Yoongbin nodded and hugged Yeonchan. As she walked away, Yoongbin knew she was right. Taemin has been pretty playful in their relationship and Yeonchan was tired of dating the playful, immature men. She needed someone serious and grounded right now. 

She sighed and picked up her phone to call Key, whose voice always somehow seems to relax her.