f i n a l

Her Muse.

Joohyun sets her earphones in her ears and increases the volume of the music playing on her phone. It was loud enough to block the loud chattering from the other students in the classroom, but not loud enough until she could get a headache. It wasn't that she hated to talk to the other students, and it wasn't because she didn't know how to talk to them or was just shy. Joohyun just wasn't interested in whatever they were talking about.


She digs into her backpack, pulling out her favorite sketchbook. Flipping the pages until she finds a blank one, Joohyun took out her red colored pencil from her pencil case and started to move her hand on the paper. Before starting, she glanced at that one particular classmate of hers, and a small smile crept upon her face.


Kang Seulgi.


The school president. The richest, sternest, and the loveliest looking girl Joohyun had ever laid her eyes on. She was chatting to a group of girls, that sweet smile on her face. Everyone fancied her, including Joohyun. She didn't recollect how she came to develop feelings for this petit, charming girl, but she did.


Joohyun lowered her gaze back down to her sketchbook, resuming her sketch. Ever since she realized the feelings she had for Seulgi, Joohyun had nonstop drawing the girl. It seemed to be the only thing Joohyun drew nowadays, and she wasn't complaining about it. She liked drawing the girl.


She continued to draw, and was so focused on it that she didn't see the small girl peeping from behind her shoulder. Joohyun looked up to get another look at Seulgi, and was confused when she didn't see Seulgi insight. That's when she saw Seulgi behind her and jumped.


"What are you drawing, Hyun-ah?" Seulgi asked, smiling brightly at Joohyun. Joohyun could feel her face heat up, and she quickly put a hand over her drawing. 


"N-Nothing."


"Aw, come on! I want to see, just a peek?" Seulgi pouted, which only increased the blush on Joohyun's face. Her heart was beating so fast, they were so close.

 

Seulgi, being the way that she is, tried to push Joohyun's hand to look at her drawing. Joohyun wasn't giving up just yet, snatching the book and shoving it under her desk. That action made Seulgi frown, well it was more of a pout than a frown.


"Hyun-ah~, please?" Seulgi grabs Joohyun's hand and puts it in hers, and Joohyun's heart felt like it was about to rip out of her chest.


"I-I was d-drawing you," Joohyun said in a whisper, and Seulgi cocked her head to the side.


"What was that?"


"I said, I was drawing you..." Joohyun looked away and felt worried because Seulgi wasn't responding to her. She peaked at the girl, and she saw the slightest shades of pink on Seulgi's face.


"R-Really? Um, c-can I see?" Seulgi says, looking at Joohyun with eager eyes, and Joohyun just couldn't say no to her anymore. She took her sketchbook and slowly handed it to the president, who took it almost shyly. Seulgi flipped through the pages, blush growing more obvious as she saw that almost all of the sketches in it were of her.


"Please don't think I'm weird or anything, I jus-"


"N-No! Not, you're... talented." Seulgi says, smiling. Joohyun's heart skipped several beats at that smile, and she barely managed to mumble a 'Thanks' to Seulgi.


Seulgi handed Joohyun her sketchbook back and stood there awkwardly. "What is it?" Joohyun asked, not understanding what the girl desired more from her.


"Can I watch you draw?"


Joohyun's eyes widened, and when she looked up at Seulgi, she saw those same hopeful eyes. Joohyun sighs, nodding her head slowly. Seulgi made a cutesy gasp and sat in the seat in front of Joohyun, turning the chair around and sitting in it.

"Whenever you feel ready to start," Seulgi says, smiling her bright smile of her's once more.


Joohyun agreed and started to resume her drawing. This time with a pair of eyes watching her.


And from that day on, Seulgi would sit in front of Joohyun every day whenever they had a free period. Joohyun would stay silent, drawing the person watching her.

 
And somehow along the way, Seulgi and Joohyun became friends.