ONE.

Would You?

“Again?” Lia asked with an irritated voice.

Yeji looked confused, understandably so. “What do you mean, ‘again’?”

“What I mean is, I’ve died for you before, Yeji. Five times before to be exact. And every time I come back there’s not a single look of cognizance on your face. You have no idea of what lengths I’ve gone for you." Lia felt her chest to clench in pain. "And I’m tired of this endless cycle of unorthodox death and revival. Over and over. I’m tired, Yeji, I’m ing tired. So no, I won’t die for you, never again.”


A pause put them a mile away from each other. Then Yeji laughed.


Lia felt uneasy. Her stomach churned as she just kept laughing. It was odd and didn’t sound like anything she's ever heard.

“Have I hidden it so well for so long?” Yeji's chuckling and smiling eyes contrasted highly with her aura. “I thought you had caught on, but I guess I was wrong. You didn’t die by anyone else’s hands but mine. And trust me, you’ve died a lot more times than six, Lia.”
And once more, she killed Lia.


Then Lia awoke in the bright sunny cafe across from her again. Organs, limbs, face, head, all still attached to Lia's body. Yeji looked towards her and smiled, then asked the same insufferable question.


“Would you die for me?”