First Part

The Reveluv President
Please log in to read the full chapter

Spring rain graced the window of the cafe I was visiting, opened slightly to let the petrichor graced my nose, mixing softly with hot chocolate and mousse cake currently sitting on my table. The scents gave me inspirations, something that I was (am) looking for, and the reason for my visit.

From the corner of my eyes, I caught the movement of a cafe staff who has been contemplating to approach me. It was clear as day what he wanted with the way he gripped his pen and truthfully I’ve been waiting for him to make his move. But with less than half occupants of this place knew who I was, I thought he was being considerate not to make a scene and make me uncomfortable.

A vibrate from my phone distracted me from my likely fan and I turned the device upside to check the notification. I got a chat from my senior.

I heard your group comeback, was written on the bottom. A bubble dots soon appeared which stopped me from typing. I waited.

Break a leg, Kkura! And take care of your health

I smiled, ready to finally type a reply when another chat came.

You don’t want to end up like me

My fingers moved so fast that I didn’t realize what I’ve written until it was sent.

I hate you when you talk like that, unnie.

And read.

Sorry. I was seriously cheering you. I didn’t mean to bring that up

I bit my lip, this time thinking thoroughly as to what I should type. Though I seemed to miss my chance because the reply came.

Also, do you think you’ll be able to meet Irene unnie?

The name ignited excitement within my chest and I sat up straight, eager to type a reply.

I’m praying to God to let that happen
-been praying to
Also wouldn’t you know that answer, unnie?
You’re literally in the same group as her

I checked my bubble, making sure my chat was delivered to the recipient. Even better, she has read my barrage of chats.

Though she decided to ditch me.

Oops someone’s calling me
Bye, Kkura!

Wendy unnie!

She sent a sticker of a weird bear-dog rolling on the floor, laughing on the pool of its own tears.

Can’t give you a special privilege, Kkura

But you called me Reveluv president!

Even so

Fine!

Aww what to do, our president is sulking
Here’s a little forgive-me present. I hope you have a good day

My heart stopped beating when I saw the photo Wendy unnie just sent me. It was her selca with Bae Irene sleeping right next to her. Holding back my squeal wasn't enough so I ended up stomping my foot loudly on the floor.

I looked around, checking whether everyone was bothered by me. Fortunately, no one was but I saw the same staff looking curiously at me.

I fixed myself, checking the best angle to get the best selca. I didn’t know which angle was the best so I ended up taking lots of photos. After spending some time selecting through the photos, I sent one that I thought the best; me leaning closer to the window, a palm under my chin, and a small smile adorning my face.

This is what they should call a petrichor smile

And sent.

Wendy unnie replied with another weird sticker shooting love arrows and I chuckled.

I won’t let anyone register that word because it’s going to be mine
You criminal!

Chatting with Wendy unnie made me giddy and extremely happy. My attention then shifted back to the staff who seemed to stumble with a group of customers. He looked tired but still gave his best to do the job.

I guess a little thank-you present wouldn’t hurt.

I ripped a page out of my journal and signed it, writing a short cheer-up message at the bottom. Once I’m done, I folded the paper and put it near the edge of the table.

I’ll give it to him later. For now, I have to finish my coffee and mousse.

I still think I’m dreaming.

IZ*ONE’s comeback schedule happened around other big groups and we even met some of them. We managed to expand our social celebrity circle and that made us happy.

And I’m exceptionally happy because -turned out- our comeback aligned with Red Velvet’s new unit debut.

“I’m going to the vending machine. You girls want something?” I asked, laying my padded jacket against the backside of a chair near the door. I was the first to finish make-up preparation so I had quite a lot of time to spend.

“Get me a can of sprite, Kkura-yah.”

“Get me strawberry milk, unnie.”

I looked around the members, making sure I didn’t miss any of their requests. “A can of sprite and strawberry milk. Alright.” I counted, turning to the door.

I was away from our waiting room for maybe twenty steps when I saw a familiar

Please log in to read the full chapter