How did I met him

How did I met him

The night was already settled in Seoul as I entered the first empty bar I saw. I sat in front the barman leaving my bag on my left.

“Can I have a cosmopolitan?” I made my petition and he nodded before leaving his position to find the ingredients for my order.

I found myself staring at him, his arm muscles flexing and relaxing as he prepared the drink. Mixing all properly before setting a glass in front of me and serving it.

My right hand went fast to grab the drink and took a sip. The vodka and the cranberry juice were my favourite combination, but with a few drinks I get drunk.

My friends always joke about the fact that when there is a party, the first one getting drunk is always me like if it was my fault that my alcohol tolerance is really low. That was also the fact since I didn’t like to go out for drinks alone, I didn’t want to get wasted and having no one to help me.

“Are you alone?” A deep voice appeared next to me and for the sound of the chair, he took the seat next to mine. I didn’t even bore to look at who he was, like if I cared.

“Yeah…” I hummed as a reply. Was he that stupid to not realize or was he just being polite? Anyways, I didn’t want to have a conversation with anyone, being alone was my plan when I started this trip and that’s how I want it to be. No men, no women, only me and my thoughts. Unfortunately, the man wasn’t going to leave me alone.

“So… What are you doing here alone?” He asked me before talking to the barman. He ordered a drink and told him to get me another cosmopolitan.

“It’s a long story, unless you have a lot of time to listen to my rant you won’t know why I’m here.” For first time, I turned to see his face. I have to admit that he was too handsome to be there talking to me.

“If it’s for you, I have all the time you need… even if it’s forever.” It sounded too cheesy, but at that moment I didn’t care. My heart needed some softness for the first time in a few days.

image

“Meting her was never in my plans, but I guess this happens because destiny says so. Destiny is capricious. It doesn’t have another explanation, I was in the wrong social media in the wrong hour.

“ Here we go then… Have you ever fallen in love with someone easily and have the need to run to their arms?” He seemed to understand what  I was talking to him.

We started to talk about something both we liked, to be more specific, kpop music. We had a few artists we listened in common. Then we started to get to know each other better. She was this kind of girls that deserve the moon, but they aren’t leaving as happy as they deserve.

I tried my best to help her avoid her reality, but I at it, probably because sometimes my head goes to another universe where things are as I would want them to be.

We talked a lot for a few days, few days lead to a few weeks and few weeks ended being a few months. She liked to call me those cute pet names and telling me how much she loved me.

I saved some money to go on a trip alone to meet her in the United States, it was hard to convince my parents to let me go. They think I went there to practice my English, I was too scared to tell them that I was going to meet a girl I liked, probably that was a big mistake. They wouldn’t let me do the stupid trip just for a random girl because they would say that I would lose my interest in her easily, but I didn’t tell them, I didn’t want them to know I like girls and boys.

When I took the plane, I was too nervous, I felt that for once I was doing what my heart wanted even thought, probably I was just nervous because I don’t like planes. 10 hours by plane from Europe to United States, an irrelevant amount of time compared to how much time I planned to spend with her.

I arrived her town 50 minutes after my plane landed and I went straight to the hotel I booked for a few days since I wanted to get an apartment for  a month. I got a 4G card for my phone and I texted her, I asked her where she was. She took about 30 minutes to reply and told me she was on her favourite café, I automatically knew where she was since she had shown me that place in pictures.

I put the place in the GPS and walked there, she was there with another girl. I though she was her friend so I got into the place to meet her. When I was closer to their table, they kissed. You know, it wasn’t a friend kiss, it was more than that. A slow romantic kiss and that stuff, I want to get it out of my head.

I passed by their table and ordered a iced coffee, then I went back to the hotel.The next thing that I remember is me booking a plane to come to South Korea and now… I’m here talking to you.”

His mouth was open, probably he was too surprised I did such a travel like that to then, come to his country or maybe he didn’t know what to say. After a few seconds, he blinked and stretched his hand out to me.

“I’m Chanyeol, nice to meet you.” His words took me by surprise. I was able to tell a complete stranger my biggest mess.

“I’m Becca.” As I accepted his hand, I realized who he was. I was too exhausted to even react as fans would do if they were next to their favourite idol. I checked the clock in my wrist to realize it was already 3 am and I hadn’t got any hotel room for sleeping.

“Shouldn’t you go to your hotel to take a nap? You won’t have a lot of energy tomorrow to walk around the city.” He stood up waiting for me to do the same movement.

“I didn’t book a room anywhere since I left the United States as fast as I could.” A brief silence appeared, I was thinking what I could do. “I think I will walk around until 7 am and then I will go to a hotel, I haven’t seen one around these streets and my phone is dead.” I held my phone and pressed the button to turn it on. As expected, it was out of battery.

I grabbed my bags and followed him out of the bar, my vision a bit dizzy for the cosmopolitans I had had while telling him my story. 

“I have a spare bedroom in my house, you can stay at my place.” I arched my eyebrow, waiting for him to tell me it was a joke. He looked at me seriously, It wasn’t a joke. He was going to let me sleep in his house event though we had just met by coincidence a few minutes ago.

~28 days later, in the airport~

“It’s time to go home” I whispered sadly, Chanyeol heard me because he immediately gave me a back hug. Saying bye to him was harder than I though.

“Take this” He handed me an envelope. I tried to open it, but he stopped me. “It’s better if you open it on the plane or you will lose your flight.”

I did the check in with the luggage and walked to the embarkation hallway. I waved at Chanyeol one last time before disappearing. 

My heart broke into a million pieces.

“Dear Becca;

We met because destiny wanted it, now is time for you to go back to your country. Thank you for these days next to me, you showed me that fall in love was easy and it’s hard to forget it. I made the choice to not forgive you for this, we will meet again and that time we meet, it will be forever. I’ll make sure we never stop talking. 

I love you,

Chanyeol”

I my phone to send him a message. My hands trembling, I had my doubts if I should do it or not, but my heart told me to do it.

To Chanyeol: I love you too.