the shocking announcement

ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜɪᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was busy organizing her things inside her room later that evening. It had been months since she last saw her room and she truly missed it. Gladly, they didn’t make any changes since it was her request not to touch anything while she was gone.

She was peacefully folding her clothes when she heard few knocks on the door as it slowly creaked open. It was one of their housemaids.

“Ms. Wendy?”

Wendy shot her a look, “Yes?”

“Your parents want to see you in their office. They asked me to fetch you here in your room.”

Wendy stood up from her bed and walked towards the door, “Why? Is there a problem?”

“I don’t know, Miss. They just instructed me to tell this to you and bring you to them. I think it is something urgent.”

“I see,” Wendy nodded, taking her phone from her study table and went outside. “Let’s go.”

Why are they calling me at this hour? Wendy thought.

As they reached the door of her parents’ office, the housemaid quietly departed. Wendy held the doorknob firmly and twisted it to open. The coldness of the office embraced her and it made her shiver. Of all the rooms in their house, the office was the most uncomfortable for her. When she was young and did something wrong, she would always be summoned there so that her parents could scold and lecture her for hours.

“Mom? Dad?” She called them, grabbing their attentions.

Mrs. Son instantly showed her smile the moment she saw her, “Wendy. Please come here and take a seat.”

Wendy followed. She slowly walked inside, holding her arm. Then, she took a seat on the couch in front of the office table. She confusedly looked at them. “Why are you calling me here?”

Mr. Son put down his glasses and gave her a small smile, “Your mom and I just want to talk to you since we didn’t see each other for like months.”

“Is that so? Well, I’m doing just fine. Thanks to Seulgi, I can manage to survive there until I graduate.” She said.

“Speaking of graduation, sweetie, it will be next year right? And you’re turning 20 at that time,” her mother spoke, completely excited. “I can’t believe you are about to finish college. I’m so proud of you.”

She nodded and smiled, “Thanks, mom. Time flies so fast, I guess.”

Wendy’s dad suddenly faked his cough, “Do you have a boyfriend already?” Her parents both turned to each other and traded looks. Wendy couldn’t clearly decipher their exchange of- what it seemed to be like- worried expressions.

“I have no interest with such things, mom and dad. I don’t have a boyfriend.” She halfheartedly said.

Well she had it once, with someone. Sadly, it was unreciprocated. It still pained her somehow since she was staying to a place that held a lot of memories of them together. But, it was already fine and she eventually accepted the dejected outcome of her love confession.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her mother squealed in joyous manner while his father was trying hard not to crack a smile. She didn’t quite understand the behavior of her parents so she only looked at them with much confusion.

“Why do you look so happy?” I asked.

Mrs. Son cleared after realizing her unexpected celebration. “Nothing, sweetie.”

“I heard that you two are always with the Dos. What’s the matter, mom and dad?”

With that question, silence quickly enveloped the office. Wendy could feel the uncomfortable atmosphere lurking around the three of them.

“Hmm?” She hummed, trying to get their attentions again.

“We are going to tell you something tomorrow, Wendy.” Her dad spoke. “We invited the Do Family for tomorrow’s dinner party.”

“Are they related to the matter you are about to tell me?”

Mrs. Son’s expression became serious, “Yes and we want you to join us too. Your brothers are also present tomorrow evening and same with the Dos.”

Mr. Son nodded, agreeing to what his wife had said, “We will discuss very exclusive and important topics so I am expecting you to become polite and be there for the dinner.”

Does it mean he’s there? He’s coming too? Wait- I’m not yet ready to see him again.

“Wendy?”

“Uh yes! Of course, I don’t have the right to decline such important call.” Her parents’ expression softened.

“It’s settled then,” her mom said. “You may now go back to your room.”

Wendy nodded and stood up from the couch. She exited the room with the sound of the door clicking. But she didn’t move her feet towards her chamber. She tried to stick her ear on the door and secretly listened to the muffled voices inside.

“What if she gets mad at us? Are you really sure about this? She’s too young.”

Wendy gasped when a hand touched her shoulder; she turned around and saw his brother Junmyeon. He was looking at her with a questioning look. “What are you doing here? Go back to your room and prepare yourself for tomorrow.”

Wendy had no choice but to obey.

Wendy felt really nervous. Her hands were trembling and sweating at the same time. She was not feeling well.

Am I going to meet him again now? Am I ready to see him again?

She was wearing a flowy light blue short dress that perfectly fitted her small torso and she paired it with a 2-inch white strapped heels. She purposely let her sharming haircut fall on the surface of her shoulders. She also put a light shimmering make up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter