Heart of Doubt

Heart of Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


--------------

Sana Minatozaki, are you aware of the fact of how much you brought light to my day when you muttered to me during a phone call these words, 

"You're different from them"

Up until now I'm dying to know how I'm not like the people you used to entertain. I never got the chance to ask you though.

Not like you're going to answer right?

Sana, I'm missing those moments when we'll wait for each other so we can eat our meals, get a good night sleep, all at the same time. You're a hundred miles away from where I am but somehow, it deeply feels like you're doing it together with me.

"Make sure that you eat to your heart's content Dahyun"

I like your voice, and I'm missing the days we used to do phone calls that's not in the least I wanted to end. Despite the senseless topics we exchanged, it never gets boring.

"1, 2, 3", I counted in an instant.

"Rock!", I added.

"Scissors!", you stated at the same time.

A tiny giggle. "Loser"

If someone could hear us play the game in a phone call, they would think we're idiots. But why would we care right? We're having a good time.

I admire you, moreover at the times you openly talk to me about your family and past life events, even getting to the point of crying when we came over to the more personal stuff.

"And do you know that my aunt still owes me some cash she borrowed?"

She's not the only one who owes you right Sana?

"If you only get five mistakes or less on that examination, I'll do one thing that you want, anything", I dared. In all honesty, I just wanted to challenge you. And well, maybe motivate you to do your best.

And because of how hardworking and exceptional you are, you got 36 out of 40 on that test. 

I'm still waiting for that dare.
    
In addition, you were incredibly adorable every time you get all excited about sharing the happy things that occur each day. It induces joy to me too.

"Earlier, one of our girl classmate was teasing a boy by teasing his thighs. It was funny how his thing was beginning to get mad" 

The way that you talk about your family as you freed in between your lips the words you say in overfilling bliss, I find it completely cheering. 

"I hope I can stay at my father's house this Christmas break. Dahyun pray for me please."

I wished I can go back to those times.

Unfortunately, the only thing that I can do is endlessly listen to the numerous voice messages we shared and reread the last conversation we had.

"Sana!", I exclaimed. I was home alone so no one was able to hear me.

"Yes?", you questioned.

"Hey Sana!", I repeated.

"What?", you inquired, voice raised a bit this time with a mix of annoyance.

"You weren't answering", A sheepish pout climbed up to my features as I speak those words, innocence present in my tone.

You heaved a deep sigh. "Are you stupid?"

It became my hobby to pester you, but in a good way of course.

"You keep saying Sana and yet you don't even have anything to say!", you yelled at me and I could only reply with a short chuckle along with a sincere apology.

I just can't stop thinking of you right now. It's wrong, I know. 

"85, 86, 87, 88..."

"44, 56, 78, 104", I interrupted while you were counting something I had no clue about.

"Be quiet!", you warned before you proceeded.

But I ignored anyway, I like mocking you. "69, 96, 543..."

"Stop it!" You were starting to get frustrated again and I couldn't help but find it cute. 

I miss you a lot. I'm craving for your presence too much. You don't care, I'm aware of that. 

"On Saturday, are you free?". I asked, it has been a busy week for you which results to us talking lesser than usual.

"I just have to do the laundry in the morning" 

A short silence. I cleared my throat before asking in whisper. "Then can I talk to you that day? And maybe the whole day?"

There were no answer for a slight period and it causes my chest to feel a bit heavy as I expect declination. "Sure", blood rushed up to my cheeks. "The whole day" 

We're not even together.

It's all so confusing, do you know that? You're not even my type but here I am right now, losing my mind as I wish I can reverse the time and act like how you wanted me to be. So you'd like me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter