A Reunion

A Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yes. Yah, SoonKyu! You better get out of the building as soon as I arrive, I don’t want the guards to rat me out for trespassing,” Sooyoung told Sunny, who called to ask if she’s on her way.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Just get your over, we only have an hour to practice,” Sunny responded before ending the call. Sooyoung grunted at the disconnected call.

 

 She was on her way to SMEnt building.

Her old company, she thought bitterly.

 

The rest of the members of Girls’ Generation who are in South Korea are invited to their old manager’s wedding. They promised to perform for the event as their gift for the couple. But since most of them are busy with their respective solo activities, and with Sooyoung and Seohyun being former members, it was hard to meet for a more appropriate rehearsal.

 

Even Tiffany who wanted to go to the wedding so badly but was prohibited because of the current situation of the world, only told the members to give the couple her best wishes. 

 

Because of this event, though, their group chat that used to only contain dinner invites and congratulations for each other for doing well in their careers, suddenly became alive with the thought of finally performing together again.

 

‘How long has it been?’ Sooyoung mused wistfully, ‘Five years?’

 

It has been a long time since they performed on stage together. It has been a long time since their last performance together. It has been a long time.

 

She thought of Jessica, then.

 

Contrary to what people think, ill rumors with regards to Jessica’s dismissal from the group, they all still keep in contact with each other. 

 

Jessica, compared to her ice princess personality that the public assumes, frequently left messages in their group chat. She leaves messages to every member during their birthdays like usual, even sends gifts, never forgetting the decade past friendship they share. 

 

Whenever each member visits the States for a photo shoot or for public appearances, they always call Jessica to ask if she’s available for a meal. And the brunette never lets those opportunities past. 

 

They just try to be discreet about it. 

 

The public can speculate, make up theories, dissect every single post in their SNS accounts, but it should remain as just that. 

 

A speculation. 
A theory. 
Just a mere coincidence the fans made up.

 

Every single truth and half-truths only for their eyes and ears to remain.


Just for them. 

 

Girls’ Generation

 

SoNyeo ShiDae

 

Not long after, Sooyoung parked her car in the company parking lot before she texted Sunny that she arrived.

 

Just get in here. I’m at the entrance, was Sunny’s response.

 

Sooyoung put her phone in her handbag before she went out of her car to get to the entrance of the building. 

 

As she walked up the steps leading to the entrance, she can’t help but feel nostalgic. Memories of her idol self with the members invading her mind, she cleared like she’s clearing her mind of those thoughts.

 

Sunny waved at her by the lobby, she waved back, pace steady as she reached the shorter woman.

 

“You took too long,” Sunny said frowning, as greeting.

 

“I had to leave the dogs to someone’s care first before driving here,” Sooyoung laughed sheepishly as she pulled the shorter girl in a hug. “I missed you. How’ve you been?” Sooyoung asked, after hugging the latter.

 

“Still short,” Sunny quipped with a smirk. Sooyoung laughed at her remark.

 

“Come on. The rest are waiting,” Sunny pulled her to the direction of their old practice room.

 

‘This place really brings back memories,’ Sooyoung smiled at the thought, knowing she’ll meet more of her members soon.

 

***

 

“Unnie!”

 

Sooyoung heard boisterous laughter as soon as they neared the door that leads to the practice room. 

 

‘That must be Seohyun,’ Sooyoung thought. Sunny looked back at her before opening the room.

 

Seohyun and Yoona are sprawled on the floor, laughing at Yuri and Hyoyeon’s version of a gag concert, but with les

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter