One

Idol Laundrymat

 

JB slid the cap over his long black hair, and zipped up his jacket. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, and grinned behind the black face mask, thinking he looked absolutely smashing in a pair of black hoodie and pants. Well, it was 3 am in the morning, and that was as good as it was going to get. Besides, the laundrymat was just two blocks away from the apartment. 

 

Jinyoung eyed the laundry basket by the door, and raised his eyebrow. “Really JB? Laundry again?” 

 

“You’ve been doing laundry a lot this month man. As far as I know, you have been wearing the same pajamas for the past 2 weeks. Is there something going on that we all should know about?” Mark smirked at him. 

 

“Wait, JB hyung is going to the laundrymat again?” Jackson exclaimed as he walked out of his room. “Hyung, you mind washing my underwear for me? I just realised that I don’t have any to wear for tomorrow’s show.”

 

JB crinkled his nose in disgust at Jackson. “Eww gross Jackson. Wash them yourself.”

 

“Jackson hyung, you can wear mine if you want. I have so many different colors!” BamBam offered with a teasing smile. 

 

“Aww BamBam nooooo.” Jackson groaned. “Your underwear is too small for me! It cannot contain my junk!” 

 

The rest of the guys burst into laughter while Jinyoung made his way over to the leader. “Are you sure you want to go out in the middle of the night JB?” 

 

“Yes Jinyoung. Don’t worry about it. I won’t be long.” He said, patting the other man’s shoulder softly. He fixed his cap once again and turned to look at s. “Go to sleep guys. We have an early day tomorrow.” He commanded before walking out the door, his laundry basket in hand. 

 

With a soft whistle, JB made his way down the block towards the Idol Laundrymat. As cliche as it sounded, it was what it was, a laundrymat for idols. Idols who lived within 5 blocks of this particular laundrymat all had access to it, with a special key card for each group. It was a place they could have fun and mingle, while doing their laundry, without the prying eyes of their adoring fans. Of course, mingling was not at all on JB’s mind. He was purely going to do laundry. At least that was what he told himself. 

 

He pushed the glass door open and stepped inside, the smell of detergent and fabric softener greeting him. He dug into his pockets for some cash, and exchanged them for coins for the washing machine. Once he had a handful of coins, his eyes roamed the place. There was only one other person in the viscinity, who he pointedly ignored, and made his way to his favorite machine. 

 

He sneaked a glance at the other idol, wondering if it was a girl or a dude. He couldn’t tell from the baggy outfit the person was wearing. But when said person fished out a red bra from their basket, JB’s cheeks flushed red and he quickly focused his attention back on his machine. 

 

He stuffed his clothes in and clicked start. He watched as they turned and tumbled in the machine, wondering what on earth he was doing at the laundrymat at 3 am in the morning. A sigh escaped his lips. He was exhausted beyond belief and was about to close his eyes when he heard a soft tune coming from the female idol. 

 

He strained his ears to hear, and smiled. She was humming along to Got7’s latest song, Not By The Moon. He inched closer and noticed that she was intently watching their live performance on her phone. 

 

“Not even in sync.” He heard her muttered under her breath. 

 

“Excuse me?” He blurted before he could stop himself. Was he hearing correctly? Did she just insult them? Did she have any idea how long they practiced? How many sleepless nights he and the boys went through?!? 

 

Her head snapped up, her tiny hand reaching for her pepper spray in her pocket. “Back off or I’ll spray you.” 

 

JB lifted his hand as if to protect himself, and quickly took a step back. “I’m sorry, I was just... I can’t help but overhear what you were saying. Is there something wrong with the song? Or the performance?”

 

The female idol looked straight at him, then turned her gaze back on her phone and replayed the video. “Look at this guy right here.” She said, while pointing at him. “He missed this beat and was a second late from the rest of s.”

 

JB gritted his teeth in slight annoyance. Who the hell did she think she was? Trying to criticize a senior idol like himself?

 

“And look, he missed another step! I’m sorry, but he’s a horrible dancer!” The girl exclaimed. “And also, their stylist . The outfits are so ridiculous!” 

 

JB stared at her wide-eyed, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. He never had anyone insulted him face to face like this before. Okay granted that she had no idea who he was, she still had no rights to speak like that about anyone. JB was about to retaliate, when she spoke up again.

 

“Seriously, what kind of hair is that? Who has hair like that? It’s messy and it looks very oily.” 

 

He could sense that she was scrunching up her nose in disgust and decided that enough was enough. Stepping into her personal space, he grabbed her waist and crushed her small frame into his lanky form, burrying his face into the crook of her neck. She squealed with laughter, her hands automatically wrapping around his torso. 

 

“Oppa!” She giggled. 

 

“Is that really how you talk to your oppa?” JB whispered in her ear, his voice deep. 

 

Lisa laughed and pulled down her face mask. “Hey! You were the one who wanted to role play so bad. I was merely being a good girlfriend.”

 

JB raised his head and rolled his eyes at her. “You didn’t have to insult me like that.”

 

“Miahnae oppa! It was fun seeing you annoyed and angry. I was trying so hard not to laugh.” Lisa said apologetically, though he sensed that she was trying to keep her giggles under control. 

 

“Miahnae oppa.” Lisa said again, her big brown eyes peering into him. His knees buckled ever so slightly, but he shook his head. 

 

“I am deeply hurt. So no, you are not forgiven.”

 

“Even if I do this?” Lisa said before planting a kiss on his cheek. 

 

“Not good enough.” JB said, shaking his head once again. 

 

“Hmm,” Lisa tapped her chin thoughtfully. “I wonder what I should do to calm my boyfriend.” 

 

JB growled under his breath and crashed his lips on hers, finally tasting the person that was haunting his day and night. He could never get enough of her. Their lips battled intensely, as if both their lives depended on it. He was going to suffocate, he just knew it, but he couldn’t bring himself to detach from her. He just didn’t want to. 

 

Lisa was the first to pull back, and they both in much needed oxygen, head spinning. “Wow, that was something.” She finally breathed. 

 

“I’ve missed you baby girl.” JB said softly. “Again I ask, how can you insult me without feeling guilty whatsoever?” 

 

Lisa giggled again. “Aww c’mon oppa, I was just kidding. I didn’t mean anything I said. I love your long hair, though I wish you kept your mullet. That was my favorite look of you. Any chance of bringing that back?”

 

“For you? Anything for you baby.” JB said adoringly. His watch beeped 4 times then, signalling that it was 4am. JB groaned, and Lisa heaved a heavy sigh. 

 

“I guess it’s time to go.” Lisa said sadly. 

 

JB pecked her cheek. “I’m sorry love. I wish we didn’t have to meet like this everytime. I’d invite you to my apartment but there’s always someone sleeping over.” 

 

“Wellllll...” Lisa started, her eyes bright with excitement. “You can come by my apartment tomorrow night! I can make you my famous pad thai!” 

 

“Are you sure?” JB said doubtfully. “The rest of the girls-“

 

“Won’t be around tomorrow. They’re all going back to see their parents. I’ll be left alone.” 

 

“Alone huh?” JB said huskily. “Sounds like a plan. I’ll come by after I’m done with my schedule.”

 

“Great!” Lisa beamed at him. “You’re gonna love my pad thai!”

 

JB laughed at her. They were finally going to be alone in an apartment and all she can think about is her pad thai? How innocent! Well, no matter, he knew just what to do with her. 

 

He watched as she fished her dry clothes out from the machine, and caught sight of the red bra once again. 

 

Leaning in, he placed a kiss on her shoulder and whispered seductively. “Any chance I get to see you in that red bra tomorrow night?”

 

“Oppa!”

 

 

 

 

 

------

chapter posted: 30.5.20

Obviously not my best work. Soooo rusty now. I'll do my best for the next one. Enjoy!