Drive

Midnight Ride
Please log in to read the full chapter
- Myungsoo POV - 

I rest my elbow on the open car window as I listen to the soft and melodic voice that was speaking on the radio, the midnight cold air touching my skin yet I couldn't find it in me to close down the window. I find his soft and calming voice mixed with the late night breeze and peaceful night just the perfect combination. It's good that it's midnight and no one would bother to look at me or make a big fuss as they recognise me in this quiet and dimly lit parking lot. 

Lately this has been my hobby, well only during the days that I don't have any schedule the next day or any early schedule. Getting out of my house around 12:30 am and then driving on a quiet road as I head to this broadcasting parking lot and wait for the clock to strike 1 am. Occasionally I would step out of my car and sat on the hood of my car as I drink a hot cup of coffee while still listening to the radio, but for tonight here I am still seated in the driver seat as I enjoy the cool midnight air and the tranquility that this dimly lit parking lot can offer me, while listening to the soft voice that was talking on the radio which would sometimes play a few of our songs. 

"I hate to say good bye even though it's momentarily but I guess it's time to do so, thank you for listening to midnight black. I hope you had fun listening and I will talk to you again tomorrow. Inspirits I love you and will be with you again tomorrow thank you this is DJ Sungjong saying goodnight and have a sweet dreams. Next song is ..." 

As I heard him say his ending ment I picked up my phone and sent him a short message telling him I'm at my usual parking spot and seconds later I see that he had read my message and I can see him typing and then a message from him prompt in, it was a simply sticker reply which was a reprimanding sticker. I put my phone down and I lean forward on the steering wheel and gripped on the wheel as I lay my head on it as I bit down on my lower lips trying to conceal the smile that was about to break free from my lips. Almost 10 years of knowing him and almost 6 years of being in a relationship with him I still feel this fluttering of butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm about to see him. No matter how short we were apart I would still feel this excitement fill my entire system knowing that I'll be seeing him any moment. 

This is known by our fans; heck I'm sure even those who aren't really our fan or not my fan in general knew without a doubt that the "Infinite L" the poker face persona is just a front, since deep inside I'm a soft and fluffy (well as they put it) puppy. But our close friends knew I'm far worse than that. Especially when it comes to Sungjong during our private time. I'm thousand times worst than that Myungsoo I showed at some variety shows and interviews. I can't even recall how many times our friends would call and tease me as the "Idiotic whipped Sungjong fanboy" I don't even try to argue nor deny it anymore because in the end it's true.

Plus no matter how much I explain why I was like that towards Sungjong they wouldn't even understand nor have the slightest bit idea how special Sungjong is to me and I can't really fully explain my feelings towards him. All because words aren't just enough when it comes to this certain guy named Lee Sungjong. That's how special he is and I don't care if other people can't see it or comprehend it. It's actually an advantage for me since it just show that only I truly and wordlessly and undeniably in love with him, and it just show how much I know him well. Damn admitting that is just utterly cheesy even from my own point of view. 

My train of thoughts were broken as I hear rushed footsteps coming closer so I sat up properly and then saw Sungjong walking towards where I'm parked. Even in this dimly lit parking lot he shines brightest among any star or moon. Heck even brighter than the sun if someone asked me! Aish if Sungyeol was here with me and heard me saying that he would have hit my head hard while acting like he's about to puke but nonetheless in my eyes Sungjong really stood out. He's my very definition of sunshine and my ray of light in this dark and monochromatic world. He brought the sun in my world. 

"Seriously Myung! Didn't I told you not to pick me up when you have a schedule." He said the moment he open the door and sat down on the passenger seat. He then put all his bags on the back of the car as he then pulled the seatbelt and strap it on. I tried to bit down my lower lips trying to stop myself from smiling at his nagging because if he saw my smiling I'm sure he'll hit me in the head. He is also my constant rock that would bring me back to my sense when I'm being too irrational which I am right now in his eyes. 

"Hello to you too babe" I said jokingly but he glared at me making me blink at him innocently 

"Aish... You had a photo shoot today right? I told you not to tire yourself too much! I can get home safely since Seonho hyung would pick me up." 

"But it wasn't that tiring. I even manage to finish it earlier than schedule so I manage to go home early and take a nap and because of that I decided to pick you up." 

"But you promised! You promised you wouldn't pick me up when you have schedule!" 

"I know I did but I wanted to go for a drive and refresh my find. Plus I couldn't go back to sleep anymore since you weren't beside me so babe this is actually like hitting two birds on one stone. Don't be mad anymore." 

"Aish! You always have a reason Kim Myungsoo!" 

"Because I have to be reasonable when it comes to you." 

"Tsk!" 

"Jjongie really I'm not pushing myself to the limit so don't worry. Picking you up after your work is something I actually like because it's like my relaxing time since I get to drive around in a uncongested roa

Please log in to read the full chapter