blemish

freckles

kyungsoo stared into the mirror of his bathroom, bottom lip pushed out into a pout as he examined the blemishes in his face. with the bathroom door wide open, he heard the soft snores of his boyfriend in their shared bedroom.

jongin's snoring halts for just a moment before resuming after a small cough. kyungsoo chuckled and continued to observe his imperfections.

freckles. kyungsoo hate's them, but why? he's gotten so many compliments, people adore his freckles. why can't he?

jongin's snoring stops and kyungsoo realizes that daylight is seeping through the curtains as he glances back into his dark bedroom. kyungsoo's stayed up all night again, and what's worse is that he spent the end of his late night endeavor in a state of self loathing. with a sigh, kyungsoo scans his face once more, imagining himself with clear, porcelain skin instead of his current freckled cheeks with dark circles and blemishes. he reluctantly turns away from the mirror and flicks the light switch off before trudging back into his bed with jongin.

as he pulled himself into his warm covers, he turns to his side and faced jongin.

"you didn't sleep."

jongin's eyes were cracked open slightly, peering into kyungsoo's eyes with slight confusion.

"nuh uh, did too."

kyungsoo yawned and brought himself into jongin's arms, hugging him and sighing contently at his boyfriend's warmth. jongin groaned and squeezed kyungsoo protectively.

"you didn't. i can tell."

"i slept a little bit."

"a little bit of sleep doesn't mean anything."

kyungsoo took a deep breath. jongin held his tongue.

"ok, so i didn't sleep. but im here now and i'm here to sleep now."

jongin pulled away and brought his hands up to kyungsoo's chubby cheeks, taking in the sight of him. slowly, jongin began to press light kisses onto kyungsoo's temple.

"one kiss because i love how smart you are."

kyungsoo's heart fluttered. this happens so frequently, but sometimes kyungsoo needs a reminder of what he means to jongin.

jongin pressed his lips to kyungsoo's nose next.

"one kiss for how loving you are."

jongin moved to kyungsoo's cheek and only touched his lips softly onto the skin with brown freckles on it. kyungsoo's breath hitched, waiting patiently for jongin to say something.

"no kiss here yet."

"why not?"

jongin chuckled and playfully bit kyungsoo's cheek, making kyungsoo yelp.

"not until you say it."

"say what?"

"don't play dumb."

jongin, still caressing kyungsoo's face, ran his thumb over the constellations on kyungsoo's cheeks. kyungsoo's face began to warm. the smaller man whined, and jongin grinned knowing how impatient kyungsoo is.

"i am perfect the way i am. ugh, i hate how clichè that was."

satisfied, jongin pressed a kiss onto kyungsoo's cheek.

"one kiss because your freckles remind me of the stars."

kyungsoo's chest tightened, "you're cheesy."

"don't pretend you hate that i love you this much."

jongin finally pressed a kiss to kyungsoo's lips.

kyungsoo has always hated his freckles. but kyungsoo knows he can learn to love them.

because his freckles remind jongin of the stars, and if they remind people of stars then maybe they aren't so bad after all.