Make Up

Make Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Come on, babe! It’s not like tha—! Babe? BABE?!”

 

Seungwan looked at her phone incredulously. Her girlfriend’s number showing the time of the phone call and the call disconnected displayed, mocking her. She threw her phone on the bed in frustration, the poor mobile device plopping on the bed before it fell to the carpeted floor. 

 

Seungwan pulled at her hair in frustration. She can’t believe her girlfriend, hanging up on her like that.

 

They were just talking about where they were going for their date tomorrow. Joohyun was suggesting places to go to, the older girl excited for their day when Seungwan suddenly pulled the best friend card, unintentionally letting out that she’s been to those places with Joy before. Damn it, Seungwan wiped at her face in regret.

 

She didn’t expect Joohyun to suddenly grow cold and sarcastic in her responses, the latter’s mood going for a full 360 degree. ‘I can’t believe my mouth got me in trouble again,’ Seungwan brood at the thought. 

 

She’s aware of Joohyun’s jealousy towards Joy. The older woman often acting possessive in Joy’s presence, while her best friend -- gosh her best friend, can be such a jerk and would tease Joohyun more. Joy can get pretty touchy and clingy with her, Seungwan not minding it since her best friend has always been like that.

 

Well, except for Joohyun. Joy seems to live off of pissing Joohyun. The taller girl teasing her girlfriend by being touchy with her but was always swatted off with a glare. But it never deterred Joy. If anything, it pushes her to further her advances. 

 

Seungwan is glad Joy seems to like her girlfriend enough to like that. But to be honest, she wished Joy would let up a bit. Clearly, annoying her girlfriend can be fun sometimes but not when Seungwan takes the brunt of it.

 

Seungwan remembers Joohyun’s last words to her before the latter ended the call.


“Then why don’t you go with your BEST FRIEND!”

Joohyun sounded so mad, she just hope her usual consolation to the older girl would still work. 

 

She really hates fighting with her girlfriend. Seungwan often becoming emotional every single time, her sensitive can’t take it when her girlfriend leaves her like that. They don’t usually fight a lot. The few times that they would fight would always be resolved easily when they’re together.

 

But she hasn’t seen her girlfriend for two weeks. Their work schedules clashed. When Seungwan’s daytime is Joohyun’s night time. Both girls working different shifts yet they always make it work.

Seungwan wakes up early enough to give her girlfriend a call before the older girl resigns herself to sleep. While Joohyun calls her before she gets to work and before Seungwan sleeps. 

 

They worked it out like that. Times when sleep seems to take a while to come, they text or chat each other. They would leave messages to one another in between tasks or before meal.

 

Yes, they make it work.

 

But with this flaring jealousy from Joohyun, just because she ran before her mind, plus two-week worth of longing, she knows this fight could get deeper the more she lets it. 

 

‘I can’t let her sleep like this,’ Seungwan felt her resolved strengthen at the thought of her girlfriend.

 

Seungwan knows Joohyun can’t sleep with a heavy heart. Her girlfriend opts to stay up and distract herself until she feels okay enough to sleep. The latter’s anxious nature sometimes making it hard for her to sleep. Which is why, with their schedules clashing, she often leaves Joohyun voice recordings of her singing. Joohyun has told her multiple times that her singing lulls her to sleep.

 

In Joohyun’s sleep-induced words, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter