Little Things

Little Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Wendy woke up to her phone vibrating next to her. It was her girlfriend, Irene. Her girlfriend told her the day before that she will be meeting her friends for lunch before she goes to work at 2pm.

 

Wendy didn’t gave it too much thought the day before since they were okay with meeting with their friends before work or during their offs.

 

But the thing is … it’s her day off today. She talked to her girlfriend till midnight, not really minding the hour since she can always sleep the day away. So, what could be the reason why her girlfriend is spamming her non-stop. 

 

Wendy unlocked her phone, eyes bleary from the sudden onslaught of brightness from her phone. She adjusted her light before she opened the chat app she shares with her girlfriend.

 

BaebyLove <3

7:30 am BaebyLove <3: Looove, gooood morning

7:31 am BaebyLove <3: I just woke up hihi I miss u already

7:32 am BaebyLove <3: don’t forget to text me when ur up ok? And pls dnt miss ur bfast

7:33 am BaebyLove <3: iloveyouuuu :*

 

The next message came at around 8 in the morning, informing her that Irene already ate and finished prepping, that she’ll text her when she’s about to leave and when she gets to the restaurant. It wasn’t that unusual for her to receive messages like that coming from her girlfriend. 

 

Irene regards communication highly which is why it is always a must for Wendy to inform Irene every time she has any other appointment or to update her from time to time of anything she’s doing. Wendy doesn’t think bad about it. She appreciates Irene’s need to be informed.

 

They work in the same company but shares different departments and schedules. Rarely do their times align but when it does they always try to spend it with each other. Times such as … now.

 

Its Wendy’s day off and her girlfriend is spamming her with text just before she woke up. So it’s natural to wonder. She read through the rest of the messages left when she stopped at a certain text.

 

09:45am BaebyLove <3: Love, my friends will leave me after we eat our lunch. They hv to go to work after. It’ll just be me, then T-T

 

Trust her girlfriend to always know how to lure her. Wendy smirked at the text.

 

To BaebyLove<3

9:48am Loveyyy<3: goodmorning, love jwu, I’ll keep u company, tell me when ur lunch is over, k?

 

Guess there’s no point going back to sleep, eh?

 

***

 

Irene smiled happily when she received the text from her girlfriend. Wendy really knows her. She knows how that girl loves her sleep but for her to text back and tell her she’ll keep her company, Irene can only shake her head at her girlfriend’s chivalrous nature. She really loves Wendy so much.

 

She was with her friends at a seafood restaurant they used to frequent back in college. They talked about work and of their other friends, their lunch long gone. When one of her friends seems taken aback at the time. 

 

 “Joohyunnie, I have to go,” Seulgi told her, looking apologetic.

“It’s okay, Seul. Let’s do this again some other time,” Irene smiled at her friend and hugged her.

She turned to her other friend and noticed the same apologetic expression on her face too.

“I assume you have to leave too, Joy?” Irene smiled half-heartedly at her other friend. 

“I’m sorry, unnie. I didn’t expect time to run this fast,” Joy told her. Irene nodded her head at her friend before hugging her too.

“Will you fine on your own, unnie?” Seulgi asked her. 

“Yes, of course Seul. Besides my office is just a few blocks away from here,” Irene said smiling a bit at Seulgi. She then ushered the two out before they get more late for work. 

 

Bidding them a goodbye hug, she went inside the mall to see where she could wait for her girlfriend. She was looking around the mall when her phone pinged, signaling a notification. She checked to see it was from Wendy, she smiled at her phone before typing a response.

 

11:15am Loveyy<3: where r u at love? R u still with ur friends?

1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter