PILOT

Lemonade.

"This season of girls is boring as hell," Baekhyun deadpanned, looking over the younger's shoulder in the viewing room. "Who the casted these incompetent thots?"

Chanyeol looked up at him in surprise, a bag of chex in one of his hands. "Are you serious?" He asked, perplexed. "All they're doing is getting along."

"Exactly," Baekhyun whined. He rubbed his temples far too dramatically for the occasion, sinking in the chair next to Chanyeol. "My show is a combination of ratchet females fighting and them competing to be idols. Do you think this 'getting along' bull is apart of SK's favorite pastime?"

Chanyeol sighed heavily. "Touché," he finally said. "But what do you plan to do about it?"

Baekhyun paused, cocking his head adorably. There was a reason why he, Byun Baekhyun, was lead producer. He alone raised the independent show, Lemonade, to national success and acclaim with his meddling ways. In just three seasons at that! They started off with no name companies handing off trainees for a shot of fame, to this current season with girls from one of the big three, JYP. He appreciated if Chanyeol, a mere nugu thot, didn't question his ways. 

"Turn up the heat," he declared with a toothy grin that practically screamed that he was up to no good. 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in question as an intern quickly ran to do the deed.

"And make sure you lock the box!" Baekhyun called after the scurrying boy. Finally, he leaned on Chanyeol's chair and answered the obvious question hanging in the air. "If the house is hot, the girls are going to get agitated more easily and quick to fight. Plus," he added on, "They're going to wear less. Might as well get in a couple more views where we can, right?"

Chanyeol side eyed him, groaning. "ert," he muttered under his breath.

Baekhyun crackled, leaning towards one of the many screens as a irritated Jihyo took off her jeans and put on more revealing booty shorts. "Whatever thot," Baekhyun replied. "It's not for me, it's for the green."

"You say thot entirely too much."

Baekhyun ignored him, rising up from his seat to skip towards to the table in the back of the room. There, he had a board with all the girls faces on it, with character traits written below it. He adjusted his ear piece and turned it on. "Kyungsoo, I want you to take Hillary Clinton-"

"—Are you talking about Jeongyeon?"

"—Alright Chanyeol, the little boy," Baekhyun offered with a scoff. "Anyways, take her wallet and put it under Jihyo's bed."

"And why would I do that to that nice girl?" Kyungsoo could be heard questioning. 

"Ah hah!" Baekhyun snapped his fingers, signaling he was going to smooth talk his way into getting what he want. Another trait that made him the rich he was. "That's exactly the problem," he said smoothly, enunciating each word. "Jihyo is too nice, everyone loves her. Framing the wallet on her will stir the pot. The short haired lesbian will probably turn the whole house against her because you know all she's going to do is cry like a punk ." He sniggered. "Then, Jihyo can leave the house and a more interesting replacement can be planted in."

"Sounds evil. I'll do it, I guess."

"Thanks Kyungsoo. You're the best, even though you question me entirely too much." He ended the call.

Chanyeol was looking at him in shock. This amused Baekhyun. His sweet face and charade always tricked people, only his staff knew about his true colors. That being said, was that he was a sly conniving thot, and he was proud of it. 

"I hope you didn't think Lemonade was all sugar, spice, and everything nice?" Baekhyun asked, stifling his laughter. At Chanyeol's face, he laughed out loud- a charming but booming sound. Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief. 

 

"Um, has anyone seen my wallet?" Jeongyeon asks each individual in the house. Met with polite no's, she slumps over and retreats to her room. Tzuyu shakes her head, and enters the booth. 

 

"Cut to the confessional," Baekhyun suggested. 

Chanyeol nodded, flipping some footage around. 

 

[TZUYU enters the confessional booth.]

 

TZUYU:

[EYEBROWS KNITTED IN IRRITATION, LEG BOUNCING IN ANXIETY]

es in this house are weird. I don't know what's worse, the possibility of someone really taking that wallet, or the possibility Jeongyeon goofy just misplaced it and is bold enough to go around acting like someone stole her . Like girl, we haven't even started evaluations yet, why would someone go around being messy so early in the game? Bottom line is, what sane person would want to debut in a group with people like that?

 

"Oh, I like this one," Baekhyun decided. He bit his lip in thought. "She seems like she'll start something. Hopefully she isn't just some confessional thug. She's giving me Jisoo tease though."

"Me too." Chanyeol couldn't help but to agree, wincing by just thinking about how Jisoo socked Jennie last season. A mess. But it made him wonder... "Did you have a hand to play in that too hyung?"

"Not really," Baekhyun said. He grinned fondly. "Jennie was aggy as all on her own, so you have to give her credit for that. But, I did push Jisoo a little bit with just a little bit of hints casually thrown here and there. Plus, every time Jennie was talking about her, I'd make up a reason to have Jisoo walk in on it."

"So... you did have a hand to play in it," Chanyeol decided. Baekhyun merely shrugged. 

Chanyeol couldn't believe his ears. He hadn't been extremely close to Baekhyun, but their families were. While he was grateful for this opportunity to intern, it was just surprising that the charming boy who was over for dinner on holidays was this...manipulative. It really shattered his perception of him. 

Baekhyun gave him a pointed look, gesturing to the keyboard. Chanyeol quickly shook his head to clear his thoughts, and began shifting through more footage to find the next confessional.

 

[MOMO’s individual interview plays, sometimes cutting to clips of her hugging and hanging out with JEONGYEON]

 

MOMO:

[SPEAKING SLOWLY AND DELIBERATELY]

I can definitely say I've been getting close to Jeongyeon. It hurts me to see her upset over her wallet. I had to do what I had to do.

 

"Zoom in on her face and add dramatic music towards the end," Baekhyun said, eyes still glued to the main screen.

 

[Cut to scene two. JEONGYEON and MOMO are searching all of the dorms while the others are partying downstairs they find the wallet under DAEHYUN'S bed.]

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged looks of bewilderment.

 

[Cut to scene three. Both JEONGYEON and MOMO are in the booth, side by side.]

 

JEONGYEON: 

[CLEARLY CONFUSED]

I don't know what I did to make Daehyun of all people dislike me..

 

MOMO:

[SCOFFS, SHAKES HER HEAD]

this is pissing me off. I should go confront her.

 

JEONGYEON:

[GASPS, ATTEMPTS TO PULL MOMO BACK TO HER SEAT]

Momo, no-

 

"Yes!" Baekhyun cheered. "This isn't what I asked for, but it's better than what I was expecting!"

"But how did..." Chanyeol's words trailed off as he turned back to his laptop, where all the extra footage was stored. "Oh..."

On the screen, Jihyo bends over and finds the wallet. Giggling, she puts it under Daehyun's bed. 

"Wow," Chanyeol frowned. "Jihyo is apparently not as nice as we initially thought."

"You know what this means right?" Baekhyun asked. waltzing over to the board. He grabbed a red marker and drew a line over Daehyun's  face. "Jihyo has a permanent spot on Lemonade!"

Chanyeol gulped as a new determined look washed over Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun simply smirked at his dumbfounded look. Yeah, Park Chanyeol had no idea what he was getting himself into.

It seemed nothing was as it seemed in the Lemonade house. Just like how Baekhyun liked it.

****

 

A/N: This was actually painful to edit on my phone :')))) anyways ty for reading, plz upvote and comment ur thoughts, comrades ! Follow me on twt too: @chanhyucc