Part 1

Reminiscent

We were together for 4 years, it’s not like I could forget him so easily? I’m sure he already forgotten me since he was the one that left. He never gave me a definitive reason for the breakup, but it was implied that I was too boring or too safe in life. He got bored of me. I often saw him looking at other girls with more exciting personalities, towards the end of our relationship. I knew it was coming, but it didn’t make it any easier on me or my feelings.

So many memories constantly flooded through my thoughts and drove me crazy. I could still feel his presence in my apartment. Wherever I went, I still saw him. I couldn’t get him out of my head. Why did it feel like I would never get over him? God help me, I muttered as I looked up at the sky. It was late autumn, so the sky was already dark even though it was only early evening. The darkness was filled with glowing silver stars and I admired their beauty as a soft breeze swept through the dark locks of my hair. I took a deep breath of the fresh air and exhaled in a sigh. I turned around in my surroundings and continued to walk through the semi-busy evening street. The brilliant moonlight glistened on the street side river and gave me hope that tomorrow could be a better day.

My handphone started to ring in my purse and I frowned in interest as I continued to walk. Who could be calling me? I wondered as I reached for the device. The name of my best friend, Solar, came up on the screen and I smiled.

“Hello.” I answered and I heard an enthusiastic squeal down the other end of the line. I slightly pulled the phone away from my face for a brief moment, until the high pitched noise calmed down. “Solar-ya, what’s gotten into you?” I chuckled to her and I heard her laugh melodically in response.

“What are you doing tonight, JiEun-ah?” She asked with a hint of mischief in her voice. I made an unsure noise and she sighed. “Clearly, you have no plans, so you’re gonna come dancing with me and the others.”She told me and I sighed.

“No, Solar, I don’t want to.” I expressed and stopped walking. “You know I don’t feel comfortable in that type of environment.” I reminded her as my face scrunched up into a pouty frown.

“I don’t care, JiEun-ah. It’ll be good for you to get of your comfort zone.” She nagged me. “It would also be good for you to get out and talk to people, instead of acting like a loner.”She instructed and I sighed down the phone. I knew I was never going to win the argument, so I gave up.

“Fine, but I don’t even know what to wear; I don’t have any nice clothes.” I whined and she chuckled once more.

“Come round to mine before and I’ll lend you something.” She told me and I bit my lip. “I’ll make you look hot and feel so confident, that you’ll forget all of your troubles for the night.” She promised and we both hung up the phone after saying our goodbyes.

 

I was not looking forward to the night ahead. I hated when I didn’t know how things were going to pan out. What if I saw Wonho or some of his friends tonight? How should I react? I twirled my hair through my fingers as I continued on my way home to mentally prepare for later.

I arrived at Solar’s around 9pm to get ready to go out. She rushed me into her bedroom to match an outfit to me. She wasn’t too fussed about being at the club early, as it’s never good until later in the night, is what she told me. As she sorted through her clothes, she let me use her cosmetics and made up my face for the evening. With a light smoky eye and some eyeliner to accentuate my eyes; I never usually wore makeup, but I never usually went out clubbing, so it seemed fitting to fully dress up.

Solar finally decided on an outfit and dressed me in an off the shoulder red cropped top, with a few ruffles on the hem on the top. I bit my lip, thinking internally to myself, how loud the outfit was. It was so unlike me. The red top was paired with a tight black skirt, with a slit up the thigh; the slit went so high that it nearly showed my underwear. I cringed internally and Solar seemed to notice my unease. Her hands landed on my shoulders as she stood in front of me.

“Relax, JiEun-ah. Everything will be fine.” She assured me and played with my hair slightly. “Let your hair down a bit, you might find you’ll actually enjoy yourself.” She winked playfully at me and I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t help but smile at my optimistic friend. Solar never seemed to have boy troubles or heartbreaks, obviously I can’t be 100% sure as she may have just never told me about them, but she was beautiful and seemed to have everything so easy. Her life seemed carefree and peaceful; I envied her so much.

 

Eventually, we left Solar’s apartment. She was wearing a long black dress, which cascaded down to her heels. There was a seductive slit up both sides of her legs, which showed off her milky skin. Her blonde hair flowed free down her back, with natural waves in it. My hair was naturally straight, but the darkness of my locks really accentuated my paleness and made me seem like porcelain, as Solar had told me. We both finished our looks off with red lipstick to add some mischief and spice to our looks, as advised by Solar. I just let her control me when it came to plans such as these.

 

We arrived at the club and met up with Solar’s friends, Hwasa and Wheein. The two girls informed us, that their other friend, Moonbyul, was already inside. Hwasa and Solar weren’t their given names, but just nicknames that they had from their friend group, which seemed to stick in their everyday life. The queue to get into the club seemed to go down quickly, so it wasn’t long before we were inside. I was grateful for the heat of the club after being stood in the chilly evening autumn breeze.

Some remixes of songs placed, to a dance beat as many people moved their bodies to the rhythm. Drinks were flowing and memories were being made. The four of us made it to the bar, to find Moonbyul waiting for us with some drinks. I smiled gratefully as I received the drink from her, as I hated ordering in bars. The five of us drank and laughed and occasionally danced, but I didn’t feel comfortable dancing as I wasn’t tipsy enough. Solar encouraged me to enjoy myself and finish my drink. I chuckled at her a bit, but the envy reappeared when I saw how she moved comfortably and confidently to the music.

 

One round, then another round and another of drinks were ordered and I could feel the alcohol slowly starting to affect me. I subconsciously started swaying a minimal amount to the music; not feeling 100% comfortable, but wanting to enjoy myself. I finished another drink and excused myself for the toilet; Solar joined me, so that I wasn’t left alone in case I couldn’t find them when I came back. We were giggling about something silly as we walked together and out the corner of my eye I noticed something. My heart skipped, was it Wonho? When I turned to fully look, the person had gone; was it him? Was I just imagining it?

 

After returning from the bathroom, Solar and I found the others surprisingly easily. They had all finished their drinks and held ours out to us, hinting at us to finish ours too.

“I don’t know if I should be drinking this much.” I muttered and Hwasa stepped up to me.

“Stop being a chicken and finish your drink.” She spoke strongly and I shyly raised the glass to my lips. Solar had already finished hers and they were just waiting for me.

“You girls can go on and dance, I’ll join you in a second.” I told them. Solar rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips, doubting my words. “I promise.” I assured my best friend and she looked at me warily, before slowly heading to the dance floor with Hwasa, Wheein and Moonbyul.

I leant on the bar as I continued to sip my drink. I placed my chin on my hand and sighed.

“Excuse me.” I called to the bartender who was nearby. I ordered another drink and downed it by myself before I turned around to finally join the others.

 

“JiEun-ah” A voice spoke and I froze....

 

 

I decided to do this in two parts, and will post part 2 either later or tomorrow :)

Let me know what you think and don't forget to comment and suscribe :)