I was there to see the stars, but I found you

Of Nightscapes and Camers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Irene!!" Wendy barged into the Editor-in-Chief, Irene Bae's Office.

 

"What is it Wendy? Why are you looking so nervous?" Irene asked, years of working with her friend/Executive editor, she hasn't seen Wendy Son like this.

 

"We are in a huge trouble!! But Please listen before you get into your volcano mode."

 

Irene does not feel good as to where this goes. If Wendy tells her to be calm and not lash out, it must be something huge that went wrong.

 

"OK, I will try, but first, spill what is the trouble so we can find a solution, you're giving me heart palpitations by how much you look worried."

 

"I-I don't think we can publish our next week's magazine??"

 

"And why is that??"

 

"The photographer we had a contract with is sick and his assistant said he couldn't make it to the shoot for tomorrow, so I asked will he be able to make it the day after but seems like that idiotic photographer went to a party, ate and drunk like a pig and now is sick. I'm so sorry Irene."

 

Irene took a deep breath, she cannot take it out on Wendy because Irene herself is the one who asked for that photographer but this has to go and get sick.

 

"Wendy, why are you apologizing for his mistake, let's........let's try to find someone else."

 

"But Irene, it is hard to find another photographer for tomorrow's shoot. Where can we find someone who is willing to work in such a short time?" Wendy questioned, it's not like she didn't try asking for some other photographers who had already worked for their company but none of them is willing to take the work in such a short amount of time.

 

"Let's try Wendy, we don't have any other choice but to find someone, pull all the strings we have and find someone, we cannot afford to not publish the magazine, are you crazy?!"

 

"Irene, I'm not saying we have to stop the magazine itself, we can arrange for different pictures to be used as the cover page."

 

"Wendy, we have already published in our last week's edition that the next one will be a Celebrity edition, how can we NOT include the celebrity's face when the entire magazine is going to scream about her?!?!"

 

Irene is going to lose her temper at this rate but she has to remember not to to take it out on Wendy, her friend is just trying to help her and get the magazine to publish in time but how can they skip the face of the person who is going to be the topic of their next issue. She has to come up with something, quick.

 

"Wendy-ah, it's ok, go and do the other works, I'll try to find a replacement."

 

"Ok Irene" with that, Wendy left Irene's office and prayed that her friend would find a solution sooner or else they're doomed.

 

 

 

 

After Wendy left her office, Irene tried remembering some photographers who could help them.

 

Suddenly, her phone rang. She picked it up and saw that it is one Park Sooyoung calling. Now Irene has to explain the model about all this.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello, Unnie!!" 

 

"Sooyoung-ah, I have to tell you something..."

 

"Unnie, I know what happened, Rosé already told me, I called you to ask if you have found any alternate for this."

 

"I don't know Sooyoung-ah, Wendy had already tried asking our previous photographers, but they're unwilling to work at the last minute. Don't worry, your photo shoot will take place."

 

"Unnie, I know you'd find a way, I will also check if I could find someone. Don't stress yourself, Unnie. Take care. I'll call you when I get a photographer."

 

"Ok Sooyoung-ah."

 

Irene is glad that the model is her friend and is understanding of the situation, if it was anyone else, it would have been a different story.

 

 

 

 

 

It's well past evening and Irene hadn't found a photographer, she sighed tiredly, it is evening and where the hell can she catch a photographer??

 

"Boss!" 

 

"I told you to call me Unnie if it is just the two of us and it is also past our working hours." Irene rolled her eyes at her secretary.

 

"Right, "Unnie" I came here to tell you that take your single sorry out of this office and enjoy the night because you look like a ghost is your energy out, go out, old woman."

 

This little satan will never let her live, "YAH, KIM YERIM!! I did not let you to call me unnie so that you could tease me to no end!! And FYI, I have a big problem to solve, I don't have any time to party."

 

"Jeez unnie, I know, that is why you should be thankful to have me, The one and only, great Kim Yerim by your side, I'm the master of stirring and solving any kind of problem." Yeri said with a boastful voice.

 

"You're not wrong at the stirring part but I'm skeptical about the solving part, so what is the solution you have, if I may ask?"

 

"Pffftt, You know this social butterfly has so many friends? One of my friend is a freelancing photographer who could help you."

 

At that, Irene's eyes shone brightly, but if it is a freelancer, would he be able to capture good pictures worthy to be in the cover page of their magazine?

 

"Is he good enough to capture pictures of Sooyoung to be in the cover of our magazine?" Irene questioned her with an eyebrow raise.

 

"Oh please, Sooyoung would look ugly no matter who takes the picture." Yeri rolled her eyes, everyone is praising Sooyoung to no end and that idiot is not contacting her for a while so she is angry but she will never accept that she thinks Sooyoung is indeed beautiful, maybe one day when they can join together and prank their unnie and be their old self, Yeri would.

 

"Yerim-ah" 

 

"God! Ok unnie, I was just saying the truth BUT, this friend is really good at the job, imagine if me, who has high standards, is saying it, and also, it's a she and not a he, so you don't have to worry about her bailing out from the work."

 

"Ok, a woman photographer, that's pretty good as long as she doesn't mess up anything. Oh, can I see any pictures taken by her so that we could be sure she is actually good?"

 

"Yeah yeah, I know you'd ask, here, these are the pictures she took." Yeri passed her phone to Irene.

 

After scrolling through the pictures for a while, Irene was impressed at how aesthetic these are and wondered why this woman has never tried to work as an actual photographer.

 

"These are good, but why didn't she actually take up the job of a professional photographer?"

 

"Ah that, this Unnie loves to enjoy her freedom because she loves painting in her free time, she does freelancing to earn a bit and lock herself in her studio, that doesn't matter now, since you like her works, I'll talk to her and ask her to take up this job, so for now, take your old out to enjoy please, you will grey hair and be alone at this stage, I'm afraid." Yeri snickered at her boss.

 

"Yah, stop calling me old, I'm still young and enjoying my freedom alone."

 

"Whatever you say old woman, now go out, I'll bring her with me tomorrow."

 

With that Yeri dragged Irene out the office and successfully sent her away. Her unnie really needs to take a break once in a while and stop locking herself in her office or her apartment.

 

 

 

 

Neon lights, blaring music and cheerings of drunk people is what welcomed Irene into "In & Out" her usual bar. As much as she is not a bar person, this bar is better than the others and doesn't smell like weed. She went straight to her regular bartender,

 

"Hey JK, one vodka martini please." She sat on the stool after ordering her drink and let her eyes wander around the crowd of people dancing. Most of them are too drunk to even stand straight but still swaying their bodies to a rhythm that doesn't even fit the song.

 

Jungkook approached Irene with her order, "Here Miss Bae, your usual." He placed the drink in front of Irene.

 

"Ugh, why would you call me like that, it reminds me of my working hours, please call me Irene or noona, I'm here to destress." Irene whined at Jungkook.

 

"Ok Irene noona,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter