Allies

The Sky in Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo stared at the man sitting across from her as if he was a zoo exhibition.

"I told you I don't want to be a part of any of this and I would never want to. Why are you insisting on this ridiculous marriage arrangement so much?"she asked in frustration. Did he miss her point or what? What was his motive?

Sehun sighed. "Listen. You said that you have plans right? And I think you said you wanted to pursue your studies to the highest level?"he guessed.

"I did?"Namjoo asked, lost.

"Your question before. From our first meeting."

"Oh." Namjoo was taken aback. He remembered?

"I'm just letting you know that I still want to continue with this plan, however ridiculous you think it is. I mean, as much as possible, we can try to avoid the end result which is marriage. What I really want is the journey."

Her forehead creased. "What if my father insists on a marriage? He can get so persistent when he wants something,"she argued.

"Even if we do end up getting married, I would not stop you from chasing your dreams. I would not clip your wings,"Sehun said, looking at the still confused Namjoo before quickly adding,"but that's basically the backup plan. Still, I would try my best to stick to the main plan so that there would be no marriage. I already have it planned with more details but first I would need you to say yes."

Namjoo's expression went from confusion to awe. "What do you gain from this? What is actually your motive?"she asked, looking at Sehun skeptically.

He shrugged. "Well, it isn't easy to climb the ladder in the corporate world, especially if you don't have connections. So I figured if I get close to your father, there's a big possibility that I would get promoted. Of course, I mean no harm. Consider it as establishing a friendship of some sorts." 

Her eyes opened wider. Namjoo thought she had never met a man like Sehun who spoke about his shocking ideas with her so casually. The tone of his voice was so casual he might as well talk about the weather. It was almost as if they were planning a rebellion and for some reason she liked the thrill.

"But if that is really your end goal, we would have to end things on good terms, right?"she surmised.

"You caught on pretty fast,"he answered with a sly smile. "To answer your question, yes. That's why you have to help me."

Leaning in closer, Namjoo said, "tell me more about your plan."

***

The bungalow she had grown up in loomed ahead just a few metres away. The setting sun painted the yellow gates a deep shade of gold. Namjoo thought it made the perfect picture of a golden cage, and she was the little bird trapped inside. With nowhere to go or hide, she was trapped in her father's marriage plans.

"Thanks for sending me home, even though you didn't have to."

Pulling to a stop right in front of the gate, Sehun parked his car. Briefly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter