Not Quite Right

The Sky in Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Regret. That was the first thought that ran through her head as Namjoo hastily exited Sehun's office.

Mumbling to herself as she felt her patience thinned. How dare he! Not only did he reject her thoughtful suggestion, he was even bold enough to offer her his 'friendship.'

And to think that he might be decent enough to understand her stance on this crazy scheme. She had misjudged him from their first meeting the week before. Thinking he might have the common sense or general awareness which she expected him to possess when, in fact, he was just like the others.

He wanted money. As if Namjoo did not know better.

Last night, he had sent her a text. Trying to get friendly with her. Honestly, she was more angry at the fact that her phone number had somehow fell into somebody's hands without her consent. She had unfairly directed that anger to him as she typed her reply. It felt unfair because she knew it was not really his fault.

Sehun was innocent, right? Or was he? He had brazenly accepted her father's proposal without wasting a beat, though. 

On a second thought, he deserved her anger after all.

At the lift, Namjoo found no one around the area. It was still early. She purposely came early to avoid any prying eyes especially those who might spill the information to her father.

Namjoo had found out about Sehun's routine from the security guard yesterday. Prying that kind of information from the guard who knew who she was, was not that hard. 

Namjoo hated using her father's influence for anything but she had to do it in order to discuss with him without her father or anyone knowing. And she refused to have further communications with him through the phone, despising the fact that her phone number was sold to a stranger like him free of cost.

So much for discussion, though. Her effort at negotiation had turned to dust.

Turning on her heels, Namjoo entered the lift. Disappointment hung heavy in her heart.

***

It was late evening. The day had passed just like any other day but, to Kim Namjoo, it felt as if time was ticking so slowly for her today. Spending the whole day thinking of her meeting with Sehun. After returning from the firm that morning, she had literally spent the whole day in her room. Trying to think of ways to coax him to cancel the ridiculous arrangement he had with her father. Thoughts of leaving the country had occurred to her hundreds of times today, but she could not possibly pull off the same stunt she did five years ago. Namjoo had her father's deteriorating health to consider. Besides, running away would not solve the problem. When she returned again, her father would devise the same plan again. And she would run again. In the end, she would just be running in circles.

The next possible solution was to call Sehun. But that would mean Namjoo would be going back on her words as she had told him not to call or text her ever again. So, she should do the same. Now she was regretting following her impulse yesterday.

Stepping out into her room, Namjoo dried off her hair with a towel. After a long day spent inside her own mind being miserable, a shower was just the thing she needed. The warm shower and the fragrant scent of her favourite body wash helped clear her mind.

Namjoo put on her pyjama. Combing her hair and applying skincare. The routines she did mindlessly. 

She was brought out of her reverie when her phone blared through the silence. Surprised, Namjoo jumped slightly at the intrusion. The phone continued to ring relentlessly, causing her to hit her toe on a table leg as she hurriedly reached for the device. 

Wincing at the pain, she picked it up. He forehead creased when she saw an unknown number on the screen. She pressed answer and put the phone close to her ear.

"Hello?" 

"Hello. It's me."

Her brows furrowed at the male voice. "Sehun?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for this morning."

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter