Never Not Looking at You

Never Not Looking at You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy's always looking.

Not in the stalkerish, creepy, sense...but  more in the sweet, adorable, you-hang-up-the-sun-in-my-sky sense.

Yes, like that.

Warm eyes and lazy smile, a hint of longing and quiet adoration, lips slightly curled, such weak attempt to disguise her true feelings—that's how Joy looks.

But the thing is, she doesn't look at everyone like that.

“Sooyoung-ah,” the older girl waved her hand, “you are not paying attention, wait, do I have something on my face?”

It was only reserve for her.

“Unnie,” Joy pretends to yawn and stretches her hand, “I'm booored.”

Seulgi just chuckles.

Ah, there it is.

Joy's looking again, only this time she lets herself go, slowly allowing a shy grin to grace her lips.

To hell with hiding her feelings.

She's not a coward.

I'm in love with Seulgi.

There, she said it.

They say love is something that just pops right in your face—like a girl scout that shamelessly knocks on your door, like a relentless acne breakout, or a love at first sight. Unexpected and sappy and full of surprises and all that crap.

Joy begs to disagree.

Love, love is a collection. Small fragments that makes out the whole thing. You don't just wake up and realized that you are in love. It's a gradual process.

It’s an addition. The piling up, the development...

That's how love is for Park Sooyoung.

...and that's how she realized her feelings.

That, and also the fact that she's always looking.

It allows her to see things.

Like how Seulgi's brown hair turns into an odd color of dark blonde during summer, the sun's heat doing its natural bleaching

Joy also notices how Seulgi's shorts fit her like a glove. The heat making her look younger, jollier. Breath-taking.

There comes her gleaming smile as she basks under the heat of July. Her eyes almost disappearing into crinkle; hands thrown in the air in order to show Joy how she mastered the art of no-hand cycling that the older girl can't stop talking about after watching videos of it in the internet.

Cute.

Her skin is tanned and she'd always reek off sun and dried perfume.

Joys loves it nonetheless.

Summer also meant long nights sneaking into each other's bedroom, pulling the blankets and laying down on the roof.

Seulgi would be too occupied looking at the stars by then... and Joy would be too. Only her eyes would be trained on the girl beside her, she thinks her friend is better than any celestial bodies anyway.

More fascinating yet… farther.

Because not once did Seulgi tear her eyes away from the sky to return Joy's soft glances.

Joy didn't mind.

Seulgi is hers.

That's all that matters.

But college came and Joy’s no longer sure about that.

Seulgi had move to the u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter