Final

I Get To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were in their garden having an intimate dinner together. It’s been a while since they had a time spent like this, without the need to hurry or that feeling of being so drained out from the day’s work. They were both been busy these past few days with their respective works with Park Chanyeol as the CEO of an e-commerce company with branches across Asia and Byun Baekhyun as a chief accountant of one of the biggest malls in South Korea.

 

Chanyeol planned this out. He made sure both of them were free for this evening because he was going to propose tonight. They just found out Baekhyun was seven weeks pregnant after he fainted at work three days ago and he was so happy because he felt like this was so timely. He’s been planning to do this for months and now that they know they were going to be parents as well was like a sweet cherry on top.

 

After they had their dessert, he stood up and guided Baekhyun towards the middle spot of the garden like what he planned. He was going to pull out the ring from his pocket, ask his boyfriend to marry him, he would say yes, and then spend the rest of the night cuddling. What he did not expect though was for Baekhyun to say no when he finally popped the question.

 

“No Chanyeol. No! You don’t have to marry me just because you got me pregnant!”

 

“But Baek-”

 

“We can still be together and raise our child together, Chanyeol. But you insisting we should get married just because I am pregnant is wrong. You don’t marry someone out of responsibility.”

 

“What?! Baby, I am not marrying you out of responsibility! I am marrying you because I love you and I want to be with you. So please, if you would just hear me out-”

 

To say Chanyeol was shocked with Baekhyun refusing to marry him was an understatement. He’s been planning to propose since after their second anniversary but the timing was just never on his side. He was supposed to pick up the ring he had specifically customized abroad to what he knew would fit Baekhyun’s taste when he got caught up with an emergency at work. He wasn’t able to fly there to personally get it because of time constraints so he opted to just have it delivered. But for some reasons, the delivery got delayed for a week. Just a week. Who would’ve known that they would find out they were going to be parents in that specific week? Now, if Baekhyun would just listen to him he can explain everything, but you see, his small baby who now has an even smaller baby inside him just won’t listen and had to be this stubborn.

 

“Then why now? We’ve been together for two years, why now? Just now with this unplanned pregnancy? You don’t love me enough to marry me before this whole thing so why now?”

 

He can’t help but frown with what he heard from Baekhyun. He won’t deny that it hurt him but he still tried to understand where his boyfriend was coming from.

 

“Oh w-wow. First, I just want you to know that that hurts Baek. I love you. I love you so much that I am so sure it’s you and only you I would want to spend the rest of my life with, with a baby on the way or not. But it’s really cool we’re having a baby together, right? I mean we made it out of love and we’re gonna love it so much he or she will never question how much we love him or her, just like someone I know and yes I’m looking at you Baek.”

 

Chanyeol even paused and looked at him with his eyes squinting just to make sure he made his point before he continued.

 

“Anyway, we’ll love it so much and give it everything it needs. I promise I will work harder so you could stay at home and take care of our baby. But that’s just only if you want to, okay? You can still go to work after some time, we’ll just have to figure out how would our set-up be when the time comes. And I will do my best to always make time for the both of you. I’m really excited you know. I am so sure our baby will gonna look so cute because it has two good looking parents. And-”

 

He stopped when he noticed Baekhyun was glaring at him, looking like the smaller was ready to smack his face any time.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that, baby? Woah, you look so scary I wish our baby won’t have that, but you’re still beautiful so I guess it’s okay if it will have your looks, just not that scowling face- Aww! Ahh! Why are you hitting me?!  Stop, love! It hurts!”

 

He grabbed both of Baekhyun’s hands firmly but still carefully so it won’t hurt the smaller but enough to stop the angry man from hitting him more. He pulled him closer to wrap his boyfriend’s arms around his torso for a hug, with the pregnant man’s face pressed on his chest.

 

“You giant idiot! Let me go! You need a smack to wake up! How can you be babbling on a situation like this? Didn’t you hear me? I said no! I am not marrying you just because you find it necessary now that I’m pregnant.”

 

“And didn’t you hear me too? I already said I am not marrying you just because we are going to have a baby together. I am marrying you because I love you and you are the only person I would want to spend all my mornings and lazy afternoons and evenings with. I know my timing is crazy but I need you to trust me on this, hmm? Wait, baby are you crying?”

 

“No I’m not.” He heard Baekhyun said while sniffling. He’s really always so emotional these days and he blamed the hormones for it.

 

“Oh yeah? But I can feel the snot on my shirt, babe.” He said while trying to suppress a smile and held his small love tighter when he felt like Baekhyun was going to hit him again. When he knew that his boyfriend already stopped moving, he loosen their hug just so he can tilt his face up and see the smaller’s tear-stained face. “Ahh, this is so unfair. How can you still be this beautiful with snot and all?”

 

Baekhyun snorted because of what he said which just caused for more snot to come out (this is really gross I know but who cares because Chanyeol still thinks he’s beautiful). Both of them couldn’t hold their laughter after what happened and the next thing they knew, they were both wheezing.

 

“Stop it, Yoda.” He felt Baekhyun hit him lightly on the chest.

 

“But really, why are you crying, love? Do you still not believe me when I say I wanna marry you not because I got you pregnant?”

 

He felt Baekhyun move from his embrace so he can look at him directly in the eyes. Chanyeol pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his boyfriend’s face and then waited for what he’s going to say.

 

“It’s not that I don’t know and I don’t feel that you love me, Yeol. I just- I’m not sure if it’s enough for you to marry me. I mean there was no hint you wanted to marry me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter