wendy

even the universe gives us its blessing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seungwan is sooyoung's best part.

 

-

 

sooyoung meets seungwan - wendy, then - at a bar in gangnam.

 

it's a classy place, not like those seedy clubs that reek of sweat. with its cozy wooden fixtures and jazz music, it's clear that this is a place for people to unwind from the day, to catch up with friends. not to pick up random cute girls.

 

sooyoung's there with some of her colleagues to celebrate their recent successful project. she doesn't really care for idle conversation, though, or for drinking with people that aren't her friends. so she takes a single polite sip of soju, sets down the glass and nods along to yet another one of her manager's stories.

 

after an hour or so, sooyoung's about ready to make up a ty excuse to leave when the emcee's smooth voice echoes throughout the bar.

 

"please put your hands together to welcome tonight's performer: wendy."

 

mild applause fills the room and the emcee steps aside to reveal the gorgeous singer just behind him. she's all blonde hair and red lips, sitting on a small chair and holding a matte black guitar that feels too big for her petite frame.

 

sooyoung's looking, anticipating. because wendy's a pretty girl that's about to perform, and because she has nowhere else to look.

 

wendy looks up from her place, brown eyes studying the crowd in front of her. then she straightens her back, strums the guitar and starts to sing.

 

you don't know, babe

when you hold me

and kiss me slowly

it's the sweetest thing

 

sooyoung hangs onto every word, feels herself clinging to every strum of wendy's guitar like she can't let go. 

 

and it don't change

if i had it my way

you would know that you are

 

maybe it's the way she wears a small smile while she sings like she knows she's good. maybe it's the utter confidence she exudes, how absolutely in her element wendy is. she wears the limelight like a second skin - like she was born to sing.

 

you're the coffee that i need in the morning

you're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring

 

it's intoxicating. wendy's warm, beautiful voice soothes her, wraps around her like soft velvet that she can’t get enough of.

 

won’t you give yourself to me

give it all, oh

 

so sooyoung stays for the rest of the song. and after her coworkers clap politely and start getting up to leave, sooyoung says, "you guys can go on ahead. i'm waiting for someone."


 

 

wendy's set ends after a couple more songs. she's off to a table by the side packing up when sooyoung struts over like she has nothing to lose.

 

"hey."

 

wendy turns around to face sooyoung, a small smile resting on her pretty red lips. "can i help you?" she rasps, quirking up an eyebrow.

 

(she's even more beautiful up close, sooyoung notes)

 

"yeah, actually," sooyoung replies. she flashes a confident grin, gestures towards the bar counter. "could i buy you a drink?"

 

the singer's beaming, then, a sunny smile that almost blinds sooyoung. and she lets out a small, melodic laugh.

 

"sorry, cutie. i'm not drinking tonight."

 

sooyoung flushes a little pink. maybe today's just not her day. a somewhat forced reply is on the tip of her tongue when wendy cuts in again.

 

"maybe next week, though," wendy says. her eyes glitter in the dim light, playful and teasing and absolutely dangerous.

 

"i'll see you around?"

 

"yeah," sooyoung breathes. "see you around."


 

 

the following friday, sooyoung gets to the bar late.

 

it wasn’t her fault her manager was being a . he’d tossed her something last minute, asked her to get it done before she left. what else could she have done?

 

so she rushes though the doors at 10pm, desperately hoping that somehow the captivating singer wendy would still be hanging around, an hour after the time they’d first met.

 

she scans the club, disappointment building in her chest when finally, finally , she spots a familiar platinum blonde right at the end of the bar top.

 

"drinking tonight, princess?" sooyoung says, leaning against the bar counter. 

 

"cutie. thought you'd never show up."

 

wendy's wearing short-sleeved white shirt with the top three buttons undone, revealing a small cross tattoo resting on her sternum. it's tucked into black leather pants that accentuate her figure, and in her lap sits a folded up leath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter