irene

even the universe gives us its blessing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

irene and joy, joohyun and sooyoung; they make the perfect team.

 

-

 

joy and irene are the couple you admire from afar, the couple too perfect to fathom, the couple that is absolutely untouchable.

 

on the surface, that is.

 

what people don't see is how irene clings on to joy's shirt after a long day like it's the only thing keeping her sane. in their apartment, illuminated only by the distant city lights, powerful leader irene bae fades away into country girl bae joohyun. holding her is park sooyoung, looking softly at the woman in her arms; nothing like the fierce and confident joy park.

 

some might think of them as having a rather cold, strategic relationship - after all, having two CEOs of major companies together reaps far too many benefits - but those people don't know their real story, they don't know how far back they go, how deep their bond has grown.

 

behind the facade of authoritative voices and firm gazes, sooyoung and joohyun are actually quite... soft, for lack of better word.

 

 

on saturday mornings, sooyoung always tries to make breakfast for joohyun. she's been doing it since they first moved in together, back when she'd just finished college. when sooyoung first started out, it was an effort to do something nice for her then-girlfriend of one year - but it ended up with a bag of spilled flour and one slightly angry, slightly charmed joohyun.

 

eventually, the taller girl tried again with a more idiot-proof recipe, and it turned out alright. (well, anything better than those liquidy waffles was alright)

 

she doesn't always do blueberry pancakes or scrambled eggs or whatever. sometimes - most times, actually - she gets lazy, and ends up making a bowl of granola or buying bagels from the bakery downstairs. but joohyun always knows that she can roll out of bed to find sooyoung sitting on the couch fiddling with her phone, with something good resting on the table in front of her.

 

 

the pair don't do much elaborate cooking, besides sooyoung's breakfast adventures. on weekdays, sooyoung usually picks joohyun up from her office (because joohyun always, always leaves later than her employees) and they go to their favourite tteokbokki place around the corner, or the barbeque joint near the apartment.

 

in those hole-in-the-wall restaurants, sooyoung rants about her latest problematic client while joohyun only listens, nods, and wears an amused smile. she's always been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter