Watching

A Simple Wish; But At A Price? [hiatus]

Girls were surrounding the boys, screaming their names out, giving gifts and foods but there’s one guy who’s left behind. Nobody approached him. Feeling slightly frustrated, he just plugged his earphone and listened to his favourite song while tailing his other friends into the school.

 

‘Poor guy. If I were one of the girls, I would give him gifts and tell him how awesome he is.’ A girl was sitting on the branches of the tree sighed as she saw him walked away. She puffed out her cheeks, thinking how great it would be if he could see her.

If he could touch and smile at her, she would be the happiest creature on the universe. But that’s impossible because she’s not like him. A human.

 

 

‘Hey, you! Still lingered around here? Don’t you have any other place to go?’ She turned to the voice below her.

 

‘Ooh.. Sandeul? Waeyo? I always stay here every day.’ She stuck out her tongue at him.

 

‘Forget about that human. You’re not like him. It’ll be so much better if you join me and the others to the ceremony.’ Sandeul shouted at her.

 

‘It’s boring. The talk and blah..blah..' She mocked the way the Elders used to talk during the ceremony. But then, the guy’s figure just suddenly went on the branches of the tree too, beside her.

 

‘Yah, you shouldn’t talk about the Elders like that. That’s so disrespectful.’

 

‘Aigoo.. You’re such a goody goody. Come, let’s enjoy the beauty of the human world.’ She closed her eyes, feeling the breeze of the cool air around her.

‘Don’t you ever wish that you’re a human? Go to school, playing around, dating. That must’ve been fun.’

 

‘But humans carry loads of responsibilities. They’re liars, full of deceives. You can never trust one.’ After Sandeul said those words, her smile faded away.

 

‘That’s their weakness but they hold great feelings in them. So warm and fluffy.’ She said dreamily.

‘Ooh.. They came out. Must’ve been the time where they go out and play at the field.’ Suddenly her gaze went towards a group of students who were on their sport attires.

 

‘Just don’t get your heart hurt because of them, Yeon-ah. Well, I’m off to the ceremony. ‘Sandeul let out a sigh before his figure vanished into thin air.

 

***

 

‘Hyunseong-ah!’ His friend called his name, urging him to take the ball. Then, his friend passed the ball to him and right after that, he scored a goal for his team, causing the boys to go wild.

 

And the game ended with Hyunseong’s team won the football game. They won because of his goal. Cold sweats formed on his forehead, showing how hard he did for the game. He received good job pats from his teammates.

 

‘You did great. I think you deserve to be the captain more than you know…’ His friend, Sungjong whispered carefully to his ears.

 

‘Aniyo. I still have a long way to go.’ But suddenly he turned to a tree, feeling something was watching him. He narrowed his eyes as he was trying to find something odd up at the branches but nothing.

 

‘Hey, what’s wrong?’

 

‘Nothing.’ He smiled and both of them left the fields. But he couldn’t get rid of the weird feelings since long ago.

 

***

 

Yeon trembled when Hyunseong turned to her. Her heart was beating like crazy. Even though she’s not a human, she could still feel like one. It’s because she, Sandeul and her other friends were creatures from the Sky. Created to be humans but their souls couldn’t reach their solid bodies. You can call them souls but they’re actually not. They had their own world up above and also their own rules.

 

‘Your smile. Your face. I want to touch them.’ She murmured to herself but then, she looked up to the skies.

‘I better go up. Maybe Sandeul blabbbermouthed me to the others, or maybe to the Elders.’ She quickly got up and went to the Sky.

 


How’s my first chapter? Just a small introduction ^^ I know it’s ridiculous xD but it’s fiction, right? Lol Comments are much loved :)