Final

Café Au Lait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s 8:55.” A certain monolid glanced at the wall clock behind the counter. This made her hurriedly tie her apron and prepare a certain something, which had seemingly become her habit for the past 6 months.

 “Don’t you think by now she’ll start to think you’re a creepy barista who keeps track of everything she does and orders? I mean, how do you even know she wants to order that today?” The younger, blonde woman on the counter remarked as she watched Seulgi.

“You’ve also been asking that question everyday, Yeri. For a person who has been working at the cashier for about 3 months, you’re pretty dense. She’s been ordering a tall café au lait since the first month she went here and even until now.”

 “And still you don’t know her name.”

“Well…” this made Seulgi cast a bashful smile and rubbed her nape. She sure has been serving the same order for a certain raven goddess for the past 6 months, yet she doesn’t have any clue of who the mysterious woman is.

Just as she had made some finishing touches, the door swung open, revealing a slender, gorgeous woman walking towards the counter; the sound of her red stilettos were enough to make the brunette turn around and drink in the sight she was seeing.

“Um Seul, this is your cue.” Yeri tapped her shoulder, bringing her out of her daze.

“I-I can’t do this! Please, just give her coffee, I’ll be right back!” The monolid woman handed the cup to the latter and rushed to the employee’s restroom. Yeri sighed and turned to face the oh-so-familiar customer on the counter.

“Welcome to Velvet. May I take your order?”

“Um, hi. May I have a tall café au lait?” The said customer smiled but looked somehow confused on what was happening.

“1 tall café au lait. It’s on the house, don’t worry.”

“Oh please, let me pay for it.”

“No need. It’s the least I can do for my friend.”

“Speaking of, is… is she alright?”

“Oh Seulgi? Yeah, she is. Probably just forgot to do something.”

“Oh I see. Thank you very much for the coffee.” She smiled and walked out the door, not waiting for the Yeri’s response. It seems that the sudden disappointment and the heavy trudge in each step the former made had not gone unnoticed by her.

“Is she gone?” Seulgi peeked out as soon as she heard the door close.

“Yeah. What’s with the sudden behaviour? You never hid before whenever she came by.”

“Those stilettos and smoky eye shadows are going to be the death of me.”

“What’s with that?”

“You’re asking me that? What would you feel if Joy did the exact same thing?”

“I’d probably make a fool out of myself.”

“Same. That’s why I need to hide before it gets worst.”

“If it makes you feel any better, she looked sad when she saw you running away.”

“You’re seeing things. That outfit and Victoria’s Secret model-like catwalk are huge indications that she’s straight.”

“She likes you, Seul! And not all women who aren’t straight need to wear flannels.”

“Look, she’s clearly out of my league. I mean, with that silky, black hair, dark, brown eyes, red lips--”

“Slender legs and long bony fingers, yes yes I know. Seriously are you just going to recite that everytime I bring this up? She totally likes you, so go ask the woman out on a date and stop being a coward.” With that, the monolid woman sighed, and proceeded to work on the orders.

This beautiful woman, whoever she is, has been driving her crazy ever since she first stepped in to the café.  The fact that she had eyes as brown as espresso and a voice that was smoother than wine was more than enough to make her a goner. Seeing that this mysterious woman ordered the same coffee everyday, she thought that this was her only chance to make the latter at least acknowledge her existence, in case her feelings weren’t going to be returned. Unbeknownst to her, she wasn’t the only one whose m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter