Weekly hotness poll

The one and only Drama Queen ♥

The next day was the day that the weekly hotness poll came out. It went out as an anonymous message. I hadn't really paid much attention to the poll in the past, but I didn't have to - I was always on the top three.

But that was when I was with Minwoo. I was curious to see where I stood as a single girl. And if I was completely honest with myself, I want to check out my competition.This is the first time that I actually  waited for the 'text'. Back then I didn't need to check it because people who got the text first will immediately congratulate me.

But now, I don't think those people remember I exist anymore.

I was sitting outside with Haemi at our usual lunch table when Dongwoon came up. I quickly closed the phone.

"Can I talk with you for a minute?" Dongwoon asked.

I glanced at Haemi and raised my eyebrows. She just shrugged and bit into her ham sandwich. With a sigh, I got up and followed Dongwoon a few feet away from the table, which I hoped was out of earshot. We were attracting attention though. I saw Dasom glance our way and whisper something to Soyu. My biggest fans were keeping an eye on me.

"Mihyo, I just wanted to say, I am sorry. I was out of line yesterday. Your relationship with Minwoo isn't any of my business." he spoke.

"Yes, you were out of the line," I said, "but you didn't say anything that wasn't true. It was stupid of me to make a scene like that." I continued, feeling guilty for him.

I  turned my head towards the courtyard, where much of the school was pretending like they weren't watching our every move. "You know, you are going to to ruin your reputation if you're seen with me much longer."

I was trying to pass it off as a joke, but it came off a little wobbly when Dongwoon suddenly pulled me and gave me hug. "Friends then?"

"God knows I can use all the friends I can get." I said while tried to released myself from his hug. "Friends it is."

He grinned. "Cool. I'll catch you at rehearsal, then." he said and he strode off.

I grinned too. Suddenly, I felt a lot better about my situation. If Dongwoon, who was far from my biggest fan, could excuse my behaviour, then I was sure that the whole thing would soon blow over and I'd be back on top.

"What was that all about?" Haemi asked. She sounded perturbed.

"What's what?" I said.

"That hug," she said, "that you share with my brother."

"We were just making up after our fight."

She stared at me.

"Haemi, it was a brotherly hug. Like the way he always hug you." I nudged her but she just kept staring. "You can't possibly think that there's something between me and Dongwoon right?"

She gave me a weak smile. "Sorry, Mihyo. I saw the two of you together and-"

"Jumped to conclusions." I cut her, with a grin.

I was relieved to have everything ironed out with Dongwoon. He was my costar, after all, and we needed to maintain a civilized working relationship.

"Hi, Mihyo, looking good." It was Jang Hyunseung, a senior guy who had a reputation for serial dating.

"Hi, Hyunseung." I smiled at him but didn't encourage him to linger.

"Are you thinking about him as a candidate for a rebound guy or something?"

I gave Haemi a sharped look, then regained my equilibrium. "He's a possibility. Besides, he once asked me out when we were still a freshman." I didn't want to admit it to myself but I missed Minwoo. We'd spent almost every weekend together.

"According to Hyuna, he'd already date all the girls in senior class."

"Ew. Really?" I said. I crossed Hyunseung off my mental list.

Then, a tall, cute guy from my history class approached. I searched my mind for his name. Yes, I can't even remember my own classmate's name.

"Hey, Mihyo, can I borrow your notes from history? I missed class yesterday."

"Oh, sure. They're in my locker. I'll photocopy them and give them to you in class."

We waited until he left, them Haemi said, "What about him? He's cute."

I shook my head, "What's his name again?"

"That's Yook Sungjae you idiot." she said.

"Oh, yeah. But he's a total burnout. He missed class because he spends all of his time with his gang behind the gym. Nice guy, though." It's true. That's why I don't remember his name.

"Well, atleast you have options." Haemi said and we finished our lunch without anymore interruptions.

Then I remembered the hotness poll and quickly checked my phone. New text.

When I saw the list, my eyes widen and I gasped.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "Minwoo post comments about your life?"

"No," I said, "And gross, you know Minwoo and I didn't... Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that I'm not in the top ten this week. Heck, I barely in the top twenty."

Haemi was silent for a minute. "It's okay." she finally said. "Nobody pays attention to those things. You'll be back on top before you know it."

"Kim Soori is number three." I said, horror stricken. The girl who had stolen my boyfriend are now going after my social standing. And that meant war.

Little Ms.Soori had no idea what she was in for, because I played to win. And I didn't play fair.