FIN

My Love At First Sight

What am I going to wear?! Should I wear a dress? What about this? It looks too formal. Next, not this. Next, ugly. Next, not this too. Sighing, I lay on my bed. I don't know what to wear for tonight firework party. Why is it so hard? I keep looking inside my closet, there must be something proper I can wear tonight. It has been an hour or so since I been looking for the perfect clothes to wear for tonight. Oh?! This will work! I start spinning around inside my room and I finally show to my table clock. Oh my god! I only have an hour to get ready! I grab all the things that I will be wearing today and run inside the bathroom.

I was done before 5 pm. Saving myself from my nagging friend that will be picking me up. Knock Knock. That must be them. I rush to get the door, opening to see the person outside. The first thing I saw is my friend Liu with a ponytail hair. I don't even know if it was okay for me to laugh but I did anyway. Earning a slap on the arm telling me to shut up. I raise my hands in defeat while walking out from my house to an SUV car. I was greeted by my two other friends, Jihu and Yumi. " Looking good today Ann. Trying to get them boys tonight?" Yumi said earning an eye roll from Liu and Jihu. " You and your boy talk will never end " said Liu while taking a seat beside me in the car. I only chuckle at their silliness. We will be heading to the cafe near my house to get something to eat before having dinner.

It only took a few minutes before we arrived in front of the cafe. Getting out of the car, I was hit by the cold air. It is freezing. We were just a few feet before entering the cafe when Jihu, who was not focusing on her surrounding, dump into someone shoulder. " I am sorry," both Jihu and the said male apologize at the same time. Both of them chuckle at the same time and just start walking like nothing happen. I struggle it off and start walking when I heard the said male friend talking to him. " What happen there Yeol? " Chanyeol hook his arm around his friend " It was nothing, Baek. I just bump into a girl "

My friend and I found a table near the window while waiting for our order. As soon as we sit down, Yumi already open . " So, what happen? " Yumi looking curiously at Jihu, making the girl raise her eyebrow. " What? " is the only thing that Jihu said in return. Chuckle. That reply is so Jihu. Before Yumi can open , our order arrived at our table. After saying our thanks, I took a quick sip of my hot choco. Sigh. That hit the spot. I smile at myself while enjoying the silence. " Do you guys believe in love at first sight? " I turn my head to see who was talking, surprise to see Liu, who was talking. " Why do you ask that?" I ask, curious as to why she asked the question. " Oh, I just finished reading this new book. It is about two people that fell in love at first sight. They were strangers before that. I didn't get it, like how can you fall in love with a stranger?"

Love at first sight? Is that even a real thing? I pulled out of my thought when I heard Jihu talking. " Since we never experience it first hand, we would never know how it truly feels. In this world, there are so many ways we can fall in love, so it not surprising if one would fall that way right?" There was a silent moment before all of us laugh out loud not minding that they are in public. " That is the first time I heard Jihu, the cool princess talking like this" Yumi said while trying to hold into her laughter. As our laughter died down, my thought came back to me. How does it feel to be in love at first sight? It is a real thing? Sighing. I just shook my head, shaking off the topic while taking another sip of my hot choco.

It was 11.30 pm when we finally arrived at the firework place There were a lot of people crowding already to watch the New Year firework. A new year will start soon. Smiling to myself, I start walking to where my friends are heading, not wanting to get lost. I look at my phone to see that it is 11.56 pm. Sighing. A few more minutes. As the countdown starts, everyone in the area was happily counting down. As the clock state it was midnight, fireworks starting to play in front of me. As I was busying looking at the firework, I was accidentally pushed by people around the area. I lost my balance and was expecting to fall on the ground. Waiting for the impact, I suddenly feel a hand around me. I quickly open my eyes to look at the person that caught me before I fell. 

I was looking at beautiful brown eyes that is also looking at me. I was absorbed by his eyes, that even the sound of the firework was not heard by me anymore. The only thing that I can hear, loud and clear, is the beating of my heart that is growing louder and louder. Is this what they call love at first sight? Did I fall in love with this stranger at first sight? I was so caught up by his eyes that I forgot that we were in an awkward position. I snap out of my thought when the guy clears his throat. I fix my body position to turn my body completely to the guy. I was again looking at the most handsome guy that I have ever met. I was in my world but was completely snap out of it when the guy starts talking. " My name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you" the Baekhyun guy offered me a handshake. I quickly took his hand but couldn't hide the redness that is growing on my cheeks. "My.. my name is Ann, Kim Ann. Nice to meet you too" I look at Baekhyun after giving my reply to regret it as the guy gave the most bright smile I had ever seen.Hiccup. Couldn't handle the nervousness, I was shock when I hiccup. Baekhyun who heard me, just chuckle at my action.

Baekhyun, who is still holding my hand tightly, pull me closer to him until my head was near his neck. " Do you want to grab coffee with me? We can get to know each other there." Hiccup Hiccup. " I take that as a yes" Baekhyun let out a chuckle and start pulling me to the cafe.

 

FIN

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for reading my story. I hope all of you enjoy it. I am sorry if there is any grammar mistake or the way of my writing. This is my first time writing and also English is not my first language. I hope you can comment below to give me your thought on my story. Thank you again.