Finale

Jewel of the Forest

For thousands of years, Lu Han has always seen the same endless cycle.

Spring was always the beginning. Lu Han watched the last vestiges of winter pass as they melted by the heat of Yixing, bringing back the variety of colors hidden beneath the layers of snow. Animals that previously hid from the harsh cold returned to appear, proving that there was still much life in the forest.

Several species of plants that waited patiently for three seasons finally put in an appeared in the season. It was time for plants and animals to reproduce. And Lu Han always followed everything closely with Yixing, ensuring that nothing would go wrong for his creation, his children.

For almost a quarter, Yixing stood by Lu Han. Until the end of three months, he felt that Jongdae was on his way and said goodbye to his great friend, leaving completely when the summer was already there.

With Jongdae, came the long hot days and the short rainy nights, very essential to hydrate all the flora and fill the rivers with water for the fauna.

Lu Han walked around his forest admiring his creation, his children, confirming that none of them needed his help. Often, a natural fire caused by lightning would suddenly start, and he would go there to keep it under control. Its antler broke on one side with destruction. But as soon as Zitao made a few weeks pass, it would be recovering again, proving that life was forming from the ashes.

As soon as Jongdae's time began to run out, he left to let Yifan be with Lu Han and bring his orange and brown colors with autumn.

Together with Yifan, Lu Han watched the leaves of the trees fall one by one and his children stock the ripened fruits. The night started earlier, the cold and humid climate created the dense fog that was seen throughout the dawn. The entire forest was preparing for the final phase of the cycle before everything start over again. They were at the moment of life's transition.          

And suddenly, everything was destroyed.           

On an ordinary morning, Lu Han hoped to feel the fresh and frosty wind against his face, not the heat. He expected to see the white mist taking over the entire scenery, covering the flora and fauna, not the gray smoke and flames.

Lu Han tried to control the fire as he always did, tried to prevent it from spreading. But this time it was not something created by nature itself. He was unable to do anything but watch all of his creation, all of his children, die of nervous flames as they begged for his help.

He’s antler was broken.

Blood tears streamed down Lu Han's cheek, painting his face contorted in pain. His cry echoed throughout the area almost completely empty of life, an agonizing cry of pain.

Lu Han refused to open his eyes, he did not want to see his entire creation, his children, devastated and turned to dust. He stood in the center of everything, on the layers of ash, waiting for all his pain to pass and the tears to stop flowing. He didn't hear Yifan saying goodbye and offering his condolences. He only stopped crying when he felt the cold surrounding him, announcing that winter had come.

Lu Han felt Minseok's icy hand touch his shoulder. He couldn't see it, but he knew that in his eyes there was a sign of sadness and his face was flooded with the surprise of being faced with that scenario.

Minseok sat on his lap and wrapped his hands around his face, wiping blood traces from his face before kissing his furrowed brow, his frozen lips sending energy to release Lu Han’s heart from the pain.

As usual, winter covered everything with snow, erasing all the gray with his beautiful bright white. Only then Lu Han dared to open his eyes once again, finding the pretty being in his arms smiling at him, both wrapped in a sea of ​​white under a black sky full of stars around a large full moon. Grateful, Lu Han kissed Minseok's red lips, feeling him return her passionately.

The two stayed like that for a full three months, Minseok deciding to wait until the last day before going away and leaving his lover with promises of a return in the following year.

When Yixing arrived, Lu Han started to remake his creation using the vestiges of winter to give strength. Gradually, the forest was filled with life once again and the god's antler returned to be as they were before.