chanu wanted to go home with him too.

Purrfect Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

With the low howl of the wind, Jinhwan along with Yunhyeong and Hanbin, enjoyed the mesmerizing view from the cliff. “Isn’t this so nice? Away from the real world, no problems to think about, no work.” The eldest said with a contented sigh, clearly happy that he finally had a day off with the people he valued the most. But Hanbin, his boyfriend that was laying his head on his shoulders suddenly sat up and scoffed, countering his words. “Easy for you to say, babe. I literally have hundreds of calls waiting to be picked up. I have Adora as a new client, we’re making a new song together-“ Jinhwan rolled his eyes, and looked off into the cliff, not wanting it to be wasted because of his boyfriend’s continuous babble about his oh so successful career. 

“I’ll let you two talk...” Yunhyeong, the third wheel, whispered lowly into his ear and patted his back, knowing it’s for the best. Han saw this and looked up at him as he stood up, off to god knows where. “What’s his problem?” he then looked at Jinhwan, confusion etched onto his face as he furrows his eyebrows. “Han...I think- I think we need to talk.” The blonde finally faced Hanbin with a pale face, clearly anxious and nervous about this “talk”. “Talk about what?” “About how your words are starting to sting a lot. On how much you degrade me just because I’m not some artist you work with. Han- I’m your boyfriend. I don’t deserve such treatment, don’t you think?” he let his head fall, scared to even look at the younger. “What? Degrade? I’ve been nothing but helpful to you. I’ve been helping you get out of that show job and try to get you where you want. You want-“ “Help? HELP? Is that what you call help? Calling me stupid for not finishing college, telling me I should get a better job cause my apartment ? That I won’t be famous if I’m a lost case? Is that what you call help?” Jinhwan finally stood up, tears forming in his eyes as he remembers all the vicious things that his “boyfriend” spits at him as he tries to “help” him achieve his dreams.

Clothes flying everywhere, papers being thrown as the eldest just looked at his boyfriend with wide eyes. “This won’t do. That looks like trash. Babe? What even is this? And that song idea? Such rubbish. You’re not getting into the industry if you’re going to give projects that are half-assed and you definitely will be judged with your choice of clothing.” He looked at Hanbin pick up the scattered clothes on the floor only to throw them back with a disgusted look on his face. He couldn’t muster any words to say, shocked at how hurtful those words were but how true they seemed to be. Jinhwan didn’t know it was that hard to be an idol. Hanbin’s truth was starting to become his, he believes that he needs to be “better” to be what he wants. 

Jinhwan blinked as the person in front of him waved a hand at his face. “Are you even listening to me? I said, if you don’t change into something at least presentable, in job and in lifesty-“ He was cut off by Jinhwan saying, “Let’s break up.” “What did you just say?” He looked him dead in the eye and repeated slowly and clearly, “Let’s break up. I was too blind to see that you’re no good for me. You’re toxic. You Change me to want you want me to be, not into who I’m supposed to be. I think you can go and have your career back up your .” He spat at him, pointing his finger at the bewildered Han. “Fine. Your loss. If no one takes you, it’s not my fault. I warned you. I’ll come back to say I told you so, hyung. Good luck, you’ll need it.” He couldn’t believe what he’s hearing. How dare he. He stared as his boyfriend of 3 unfortunate years walk away and take away the deep breathe he didn’t know he was holding. He feels as if a heavy weight has been lifted from his shoulders. Slumping back down to sit at the edge of the cliff, he hugged his knees. 

Not knowing whether to be happy or not, he only had one thought in mind. What now? What is he going to do without him. The man who dictated his moves, the man he lo-

meow.

Huh? He looked behind him to see a black cat staring back at him with equally black eyes. Reaching over, he petted the cat’s head, rubbing just below his ear. It was quite wet. Maybe it was from the rain earlier or the pretty cat has been going on adventures. Pretty. He looked at the cat as it slowly walks towards him, linking it’s tail around his calves, rubbing it’s head against him. He giggles at that, “At least I made a friend today.” He noticed that it had on a loose collar on it’s neck. Flipping the silver plaque over, showing the name “Chanu” engraved on it. “Hmm, so that’s your name, huh? Where’s your owner, little one?” The cat just looked up at him, lightly tilting his head as if to say I don’t understand you, you human. He then picks the cat up, putting it on his lap and continues to the soft fur. “I’m taking you home...No one seems to be looking for you in this deserted place. I could have at least one friend, right?” With a gentle nudge to his hand and a soft purr, he knows Chanu wanted to go home with him too.

II.

It’s been weeks since Jinhwan has been living with Chanu and he could say that it has been pleasant, the cat being his small support system- though it was just there to stare and mewl at him- he still thought it was nice to have it with him ever since...the breakup. And since he was short on budget to feed Chanu luxurious cat kibble, whatever Jinhwan ate, that’s what he had and he never seemed to mind. 

He had the cat on his lap, softly petting it as he played on his phone when his alarm went off, signaling him to leave for work. “I guess you’re going to be alone again, bub. Guard the house for me, yeah? And don’t make too much noise, the grumpy old landlord might hear you.” He gave the sleeping Chanu another pat before putting it down on his bed and standing up to grab his coat and left the room, going off to work. 

...

After a tiring day, Jinhwan was ready to go home with a cup of ramen in his hand and finally a can of cat food to treat his poor kitty. He got sent home earlier than usual because there was a small gathering his manager had to be and so, he was given his usual pay for an overtime.

As he was about to enter the room, hand on the door knob, he was stopped by a faint sound of his shower running. Huh? Is there someone in his apartment? Did he leave it unlocked? Why didn’t Chanu keep them out? There’s only one way to find out. He twisted it open and stepped inside, carefully. He took his guitar that was sitting on a corner and looked at it. He yet had to get it fixed but he never had the time since he never really used it anymore anyways. But enough about that. He looked around, looking for Chanu.

Where in the is that cat. He was ordered to guard the house.

 The shower stopped and he did too. He stood frozen in his spot, not knowing what to do if the intruder came out. He could hear the soft pit pat of wet feet on the ground and he finally moved closer, wanting to meet the intruder half way and hitting him with the guitar. He’s going to hit him so hard, he’s going to regret- “Oh.” Jinhwan looked up at the thing- the human- that made a noise. Wait. A HUMAN? Jinhwan screamed bloody murder and got ready to hit the shirtless man when he felt a force stop him from hitting. He looked up and saw the man holding the guitar, refraining him from taking a swing. “You didn’t hurt me when I was your ‘pretty kitty, hyung.” He stifled a laugh, careful not to piss off the startled and clearly anxious Jinhwan anymore.

Why is he laughing? And how on earth did he know my name?! AND did he just say pretty kitty?

“Okay, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’d be home early. I would have went back to being Chanu-“ “Wait what, Chanu? As in Chanu my cat, Chanu?” The blonde looked at him, processing everything. “Yes, look, I’ll show you.” And within that moment, the man moved towards him, him backing up as the man who claimed to be Chanu suddenly was on the floor and really as his cat. It tilted its head, blinking. This can’t be. Is this really happening? All sorts of thoughts flooded his mind, but before he could utter a word, he felt the world turn to black and the next thing he knew he was falling into the man’s arms.

He woke up on his bed and opened his eyes, immediately staring into nothingness when he felt the space beside him dip, heavier than usual. The man- Chanu, was there sitting beside and looking at him, waiting for his response. He almost his him before he remembered about their previous encounters. Jinhwan sat up, held his head and finally spoke up. “So, the cat I have been petting and living with all these days...is a man? A whole man?” Chanu with a smile nodded,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter