Envy

Family

"Guess I will see you guys tomorrow!"

"Yeah! See you!"

 

Chaeyoung waved his two bestfriends goodbye.

 

Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung were neighbors. Tzuyu and Dahyun's house beside each other while on the adjacent side was Chaeyoung's

As he watch them cross the road to reach their home, their family meeting them in the doorway saying hello's he feels something in his heart tug.

 

"Chaeyoung! What are you doing there standing all alone. Come here! I cooked dinner!" Jeongyeon called him from the doorway.

 

Chaeyoung turned around and suddenly felt depressed, and he doesn't even know why.
Maybe because he is sad the there is no mother and father that will hug him whenever he comes home.
Or maybe, he always wished that there is someone who will come whenever family day arrives.

 

Him and Jeongyeon always sticked together ever since their parents abandoned them.

His brother, never took education and instantly worked in such a young age. Sacrificing for Chaeyoung to have a better future.

 

 

He sometimes asks himself.

Wouldn't it better when he is not the one whom I will have to say "I'm home" to?

 

Shaking his thought out. He a breath.

"Ne! Hyung. Did Jihyo noona gave you that apron?" He asked as he approached.
"Yeah why?"
"It looks ." He snickered as he went inside.

"Y-yah! I got it as a gift!"

 

 

 

His Birthday came. April 23rd. Him, Dahyun and Tzuyu are walking home from school.

"You know....." he started causing the two to whipped their head to his direction.
"I envy you guys." He ended as he can now see their houses from afar.

"You always come home to a family. A mother. A Father." 

He breath deeply.

"You always have someone to say that you're going or you're home."

"Yah! My Chingu!" Tzuyu put his arms around his shoulder
"It's not always rainbow in our little family. You know that!" Dahyun playfully punched his shoulder.
"That's right! You're the person who knew what's our family relation the most! If not for Mina noona, I would have ran away from the house." Tzuyu grimaced.
"You have a mother and a father though. You have a family." Chaeyoung took Tzuyu's arm off him and quickly went to his doorstep.

"Yah! Wait for us! you're the one who invited us!" Tzuyu and Dahyun jogged towards them.
"What's wrong?" Dahyun asked when he saw Chaeyoung stand still.

"Nothing. It's just, hyung is usually home at this hour.
"Maybe he went and bought groceries." Tzuyu shrugged and went in first.

"Maybe he did. Anyway, settle yourself down first. I'll set this up."

 

While he sets the playstation, Jeongyeon suddenly came home along his girlfriend, Jihyo and Tzuyu's sister, Mina.

 

"DONGSAENGIIIIII!" Jeongyeon shouted while the two girls just beelines up to the kitchen.

He whipped his head and saw his brother carrying a box.

"Happy Birthday bro!" He put it in front of him. " Open up." He gestured to the box.
"What the fu-"
"Language. Chaengie." Mina shouted from the kitchen.

"Yah! You banging my sis?"
"TZUYU!" Mina appeared, red faced.

Tzuyu just raised his hands up in defeat.

"Open the box Chaeyoung!" Jeongyeon excitedly sat in front of him, the box in the middle.

 

Now, with great curiousity, he cautiously opened the box.

He gasped.

"Hyung!" He looked at him with wide eyes
"You said you love this drink. So I bought you a whole box of it." He grinned. "You like it?"

Chaeyoung can only nod as he pull the pouch on the surface of the drinks.

"Good to know." Jeongyeon ruffled his hair. "I'll go help the ladies in the kitchen kay? Continue what you we're doing." He stood up and went to the kitchen.

 

Chaeyoung opened the pouch and took out Stickers.

"What a funny looking vouchers." Dahyun said as Tzuyu read a messy hand writing on it.

" 'To buy you any beverage.' 'To have a meal together.' Wow. You get free lunch for a month Chaeyoung."

 

Chaeyoung just laughed. He didn't like the gift at all.

 

Cause He loved it.

 

"Remember when you said that you envy us for having a mother and father?" Dahyun moved beside Chaeyoung while watching Jeongyeon cook.
"I don't think we told you this. But we envy you for having a Jeongyeon in your life. You're telling us that you don't have parents, but he definitely is your parent." Tzuyu chuckled.

 

Chaeyoung watched Jeongyeon tease Jihyo to no end.

 

"So don't you ever think of those things again. I will slap you and take away Jeongyeon from you! Lucky bastard." Tzuyu took the controller out.

 

Chaeyoung smiled in awe as Jeongyeon winked at him when he catched his stare.

He chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm one hell of a Lucky Bastard."