Finding her.

Amor Park

 

Since young, Mina was never an outgoing person. Given the choice of going out with friends or staying at home, she would definitely choose the latter. Despite her parents’ best efforts at finding her a friend, even going as far as dropping her off to a neighbor’s house and leaving her there, she never found one for a long time. She herself knows that, that she is an introverted person, that she never talks to people. 

 

Until she met Momo. 

 

She never reached out to Momo; it was Momo who reached her. She still remembers it ; it was during recess period, she was sitting on the bench and crying as she had failed her Biology exam. Even though she did not know her, Momo comforted her, assuring her that it was fine.

 

Despite her stubborness and her ignorance of Momo at the beginning, Momo never gave up, and eventually she relented and let Momo into her life. Momo was the polar opposite of her; she was definitely extroverted, she loved hanging out with people. Mina never understood why Momo wanted to be her friend; she was in many ways, on the outside, a very messed up person, a person that people tell you to stay away from. Until, one day she decided to ask Momo.

 

“Momoring, why did you make friends with me?”

 

“You were alone, and it seemed that no one cared for you. I wanted to be someone that cares for you.’”, Momo responded.

 

Hearing that, Mina was even more proud of her decision to let Momo enter her life and be her best friend. 

 

 


 

crackheads group chat :D

11pm.

 

Dahyun : has anyone seen chae???

Nayeon : no, ive never seen her since her leaving the cafeteria

Jihyo : dont tell me she is missing, tofu 

Dahyun : its been 3 hours, she was supposed to be back at the dorm by 8, but shes nowhere to be found, i cant reach her on the phone

 

Momo : i think shes at the park, tofu

Dahyun : okay. Me and chewie are gonna go there. will update you guys. 

Nayeon : please update us, what the heck is going on 

Tzuyu : we cant explain now, we promise we will soon

 

“Let’s go, chewie.”, an exhausted Dahyun mutters. She was exhausted to the core - she had classes for 9 hours today , starting from 9 in the morning and ending at 6 in the afternoon.

Why did i decide to take language as an elective, she mutters to herself.

 

All she wanted was to sleep, but after receving the news that Chaeyoung has not been seen since leaving the cafeteria, she was worried, given Chaeyoung’s recent troubles, she might be doing something really wrong.

 


 

When Tzuyu saw Momo’s message, she knew where the place was. After all, she was the one who suggested this place for Chaeyoung’s first date with Mina.

 

“Chewie, you have any ideas on where should i take Mina for our 1st date?”

 

“Chae, maybe you can check out Amor Park, I’ve been there, the place is so peaceful and romantic. There is also a place there that allows you to watch the beautiful sunset, its so romantic! I’m very very sure she’ll love it!”

 

“Thanks chewie, I knew i could count on you for these kind of stuff!”

 

Right now, she regrets suggesting this place at the first place.

 

“Chewie? Chewie? We’ve arrived.”

 

Dahyun’s words released her from her thoughts. “Let’s find her, and bring her home.”

 

-----

 

As Chaeyoung strolled along the park, she could not help but think of every precious memory she had with Mina.

 

“Minari, look what I’ve got for you!”

 

“A necklace? Chaeyoung-ah, where did you get the money to buy this, its so expensive!”

 

“It doesn’t matter Mina, as long it is for you, anything is worth spending for! Come, let me help you wear this over your neck.”

 

Mina obliges as Chaeyoung wraps the necklace around the neck.

 

“Chae, I love you so much. Thank you for everything.”

 

Chaeyoung smiles as they watch the sunset, their fingers interlaced with each others’.

 

Without herself noticing, she was tearing up.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah I -”

 

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a scream from distance, by none other than Kim Dahyun.

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU, YOU MADE US TWO SO WORRIED!” screams Dahyun, clearly exasperated yet sad at the same time. 

“Chae, next time at least tell us before you disappear, okay?, a worried Tzuyu says.

 

The next thing they know, Chaeyoung was crying in their embrace. “I’m - I’m so so so sorry guys, for mak- making you guys worried, I promise this would not ever happ - happen again.”, a sobbing Chaeyoung whispers. In unison, both Dahyun and Tzuyu whisper, “We are always here for you, Chae.” 

 



 

crackheads group chat :D

 

2am.

 

Dahyun : We got her back in the dorm guys. She is resting now, we found her at the park. Thanks Momo for the headsup :))) 

Nayeon : Thank goodness, did she tell yall why she went back there?

Jihyo : She’s safe, yay!! You know wht happened?

Dahyun : Nope, will try and ask her tomorrow. Imma rest now, bai

Nayeon : See y’all at college, good night


 

Momo sighs in relief as she reads the message that Chaeyoung has been found. Why would Chae go there? I thought she got over Mina?, Momo thinks before drifting off to sleep.

 


 

The next morning, as Momo checks her phone, she gasps in shock.

 

1 unread message from Mina.

 

Mina : Momo, I am coming back in a week. Hope that you can reply and meet me as soon as I arrive.

 

“Momo, what’s wrong?”, quizzed both Sana and Jeongyeon, her roommates.

 

“She’s back.”