Epilogue

Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by this tweet

--

He’d like to think that his life has always been mundane, 30 years of monochromatic montage with splashes of color here and there. Bright spots include: graduating, watching his sister graduate, opening the doors to his music school for the first time ever, and of course, her.

 

Her. With her bright smiles and black, sharp lines. With the air of arrogance and confidence and sunshine all rolled into one. With the way she looked at him, under soft fringes, eyes boring into his as if he was the only one inside a room full of people. How he missed looking at her lips, her hands, her smile lines, her everything and thinking about all the luck that he had to get to this.

 

She has told him, up to the moment that they parted ways, how grateful she was to have him arrive in her life. How he reeled her in, from the aimless flow that she was in. But he never got to tell her, how he was a satellite on a pointless course, and how her gravity reeled him in.

It was like she was the moon, and he was the sea, and there was nothing he could do but go with her pull and travel along with her orbit.

 

But as they say, all good things must come to an end.

 

And just like that, almost 10 years have passed. But in the back of his mind, there will always be visions of lights, strung-up constellations in universes that may or may not exist, and in the middle of all the chaos is a girl of unbound possibilities and hurricane sunsets.

 

He wonders where she is now.

 

--            

                There was the story, of how the moon was in love with the sea.

               

                And how the moon, not knowing what love was asked around for its meaning. He asked the sun, and the clouds, and the earth, and no one could give him a satisfying answer. He’d like to know if he was in love. But then, the stars, they shone and they looked at the moon. “You are asking the wrong people” they said. ”Why don’t you ask her?”

 

                Finally, the moon looked at the sea, his reflection on the dark waves that make up her, and he asked, “Is this love?”

 

                And the ocean answered, “Yes. Yes it is.”

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter