Prologue

Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To fall in love is to fall in stupid. This is fact, and Amber Liu sure learned that the hard way.

"This is unacceptable, Amber. This is the last straw. Partying late, going home drunk, your fashion sense, those damn tattoos, failing grades; I tolerated them all. But this is different. Getting expe-"

No, not that word please.

"I get it I'm going okay? I'm here. Just shut up and let me sleep."

"No young woman you listen to me. You're going to contemplate on your behavior. After all we've done for you this is how you're going to repay us? I'm so disappointed..."

Amber leaned on the headrest, jamming her thumb on the plus sign of the volume to drown out her mother's voice. The woman continued blabbing on and on about how big of a disappointment her daughter is, shoulders unusually relaxed for the shrill tone of her ramblings. From her place in the backseat, Amber could see the reflection of her mother’s fiery red pantsuit on the window of the car. What a color, she thought. What a ing fantastic color for a ing wonderful day.

 

There are a lot of things wrong in Amber's life. Her mother is a constant pain in the , her father is never around, her ex-boyfriend left her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter