Insomnia

Insomnia

"Yuqi, You're up." Shuhua announced loudly never one to be quiet. "Up for what, exactly? If it's doing your chores again I already bribed Minnie unnie and she cant take back her wor-"Shuhua cut her off quickly and  Yuqi huffed. "Shut up about chores. We both know you like being treated like a maid." Shuhua wiggled her eyebrows as she said this. "But My Wife, The ever beautiful marvelous Soojin, and I know it's hard to believe that The Seo Soojin is my wife. Told me to Tell you! That since you like chores you get to babysit Soyeon." Shuhua finished with a small smirk on her face. 

"Liar. She did not. Soojin's too shy to say that outright." Yuqi deadpanned. Shuhua raised an eyebrow at her before narrowing her eyes. "Are you saying that I would disobey and break my wife's-" 

"Shuhua-ya, I told you to tell Yuqi that it's her turn to make sure Soyeon sleeps. Not fight her and act on my 'honor'" Soojin whined her quiet voice silencing Shuhua quickly. 

"But she's begging for it!" Shuhua whined back a fist raised at Yuqi who mimicked her position and voice. "But shes begging for it." Yuqi mocked loudly. "See! Just let me give her a taste of the back of me hand and I wont fight her anymore." Shuhua pouted as she switched from punching yuqi to back handing her. "I'll let you sleep in my bed with me if you stop trying to fight Yuqi." Soojin bribed and Shuhua sprang away from Yuqi with delighted squeal. "Come on Soojinie. It's nearly curfew and you need your sleep. Being so pretty must be tiring." Shuhua coaxed as she Soojin's head. "Yuqi, just make sure Soyeon takes her insomnia pills or dont let her stay up watching TV." Soojin called over her shoulder as she walked away. 

"I cant even get away from Soyeon in this house." Yuqi grumbled as she kicked at imaginary rocks on the floor. "Like Soyeon sleeps at all." Yuqi continued until she was at her door. "Always bothering me out  in public, never leaves me alone, it's like she has a crush on me." Yuqi continued loudly as an unknown figure stood outside her door. "If you're talking about the unnies then you're right. But if it's me then you're wrong. I have a ring on you not a crush. Pretty sure we're.past that." Soyeon drawled from her door effectively scaring Yuqi who gave a scream. 

"Can you be any louder." Soyeon winced as Yuqi whirled around and hit her arm. "Yah! Dont just stand at my door all quiet and  expect me not to be scared when you finally show yourself!" Yuqi whined as she held her own pyjamas to her chest. "Nice giraffe onesie." Soyeon smirked, her gaze flickering between Yuqi to her onesie. "Nice bags under your eyes." Yuqi shot back as Soyeon laughed quietly. "Thanks, they add to my looks." Soyeon smiled as she brushed her thumb under her eyes. "As the emo loser who thinks they look cool with bags under their eyes?" Yuqi snorted, pushing Soyeon away with little force. "Bed now." She said sternly pointing to her bed. "Wow, I've heard better invitations to bed than yours. But I cant be picky now can I?" Soyeon shrugged with a grin as Yuqi voiced her disgust. 

"Either you go to bed or I kick you out." Yuqi warned as she stared at Soyeon. "Cute," Soyeon replied pinching her cheek, "But, alas, I dont sleep and you dont have the heart to kick me out." Soyeon grinned as she got on Yuqi's nerves. "Are you like this with Soojin?" Yuqi said exasperated, too tired to even attempt a shower. She didnt get a reply so she began to change into her onesie. "Nice bra," Soyeon chuckled as Yuqi stripped. "You're.looking?!" She screamed as she pulled on her onesie as quick as she could. She whirled around to see Soyeon openly checking her out. "Sorry, Your looks good too." Soyeon teased as Yuqi grew redder by the second. 

"Yah! You're such a ert!" Yuqi screamed as she smacked Soyeon repeatedly. "Ok! Ok! No I wasn't looking! I was teasing I swear!" Soyeon helped as she shielded herself from Yuqi's blows. "Whatever, let's just go to bed." Yuqi mumbled, playing hard to get as Soyeon followed. "Go ahead," Soyeon muttered, gesturing to Yuqi's bed, all of her energy gone. Yuqo remained standing and she watched as Soyeon yawned widely. She moved forward grabbing Soyeon by the back of her neck before throwing them onto her bed. She smiled when She heard Soyeon's low 'oof' when she laid herself atop the older girl. 

She pressed her chin into Soyeon's chest as she dug into Soyeon's pockets. "Take them." Yuqi said as she removed Soyeon's insomnia pill from her pocket and she pressed them into Soyeon's hand. "No, those keep me out for hours." Soyeon groaned as she pushed the bottle away. "Exactly take them. We have a long schedule tomorrow and I am not letting you stay up all night and day." Yuqi said pushing them back. "Yeah and we have to wake up early. Those keep me out for at least 10 hours." Soyeon protested as Yuqi sat up and unscrewed the bottle. 

"Good. Now take these so I can go to sleep." Yuqi said as she let two pills spill into her hand. "Yuqi, come on." Soyeon groaned as Yuqi them at her. "No," Yuqi replied firmly and Soyeon gave up. "Look, I'll take one if that makes you happy. Ones enough to make me drowsy." Soyeon said as she met Yuqi's eyes. "Will you fall asleep with one?" She asked crossing her arms. "Maybe. I dont know." Soyeon lied. "Liar, take them both or I'll stay up with you." Yuqi shot back poking Soyeon. 

"Yuqi, no, you know you need sleep." Soyeon groaned as her head thumped back against Yuqi's pillows. "Then take your pills and I'll go to sleep." Yuqi countered as soyeon sighed. Yuqi narrowed her eyes then she rolled off of Soyeon. "What are you doing?" Soyeon rasped as Yuqi stared at the ceiling. "Staying up with you." She replied plainly and she heard Soyeon sigh again. 

Yuqi didnt know how long it had been but she turned as She felt Soyeon reach past her. She watched as Soyeon took one of her pills before laying back down. "Before you say anything, we both know you're not falling asleep anytime soon. So one pill makes me drowsy and you can exhaust yourself telling me stories." Soyeon eased as Yuqi stared at her untrusting. "Soojins done it, my mom stayed up all night just so I'd sleep the day away, trust me." Soyeon offered as her arms fell loosely atop Yuqi's body. "Fine," Yuqi sighed as she turned to face Soyeon. "Wanna hear about how my parents met?" Yuqi asked as she reached out to Soyeon's head. Soyeon shrugged but made no move to stop her. 

"My dad worked at a cafe when he was younger and my mom worked as a gardener when she was 16. My dad was 17 at the time and painfully shy." Yuqi began losing herself in her memories of her mother telling her this same story as a 7 year old Yuqi listened attentively.

"your father was a piece of work, woogie, you could never get him to talk to new people. He was the very definition of an introvert." Her mother said as she bounced a happy Yuqi on her leg. "Now, your mother, I loved to go to that cafe because it had the most gorgeous view and no I wasnt just staring at your father. He'd always be the barista and server so he got so red when he came to my table. He got so shy that his Chinese would leave him and he'd be muttering gibberish as he flung his hands about." Yuqi's mom paused as a younger Yuqi giggled. "But then He got his first ever girlfriend," 

Yuqi finished up her story a long while afterwards and true to her word Soyeon was deeply asleep. Yuqi felt a tender smile grace her features as Soyeon's body went in varying directions. She turned and pressed herself against Soyeon and molded herself as best she could against Soyeon. She felt her own eyes drift shut and she intertwined their hands together.

 

"Unnie. I dont think Yuqi's waking up soon. She looks too comfortable with Soyeon." Shuhua whispered as she peered at the sleeping forms of her members. "I dont think so either. Just take as many pictures as you can" Minnie whispered back.