Final

Young 20

SinB POV:

Her hair swayed in the breeze, tickling the back of her neck.

She was lounging in the hammock, under the tall beach tree.

I could only see her back from where I was standing, but by the curvature of her neck I guessed she was reading.

It had been 175 days since I'd last seen my wife.

And now I was frozen, unable to move.

She looked so peaceful, so beautiful.

So soft and distinctly different from the active war zone I'd just left.

And she didn't know I was home.

Umji POV:

I spent most of my evenings in the hammock, enjoying the late April sun.

Today I was reading, but sometimes I'd knit, or draw, or just watch the birds.

I was trying to take my mind off the fact that it was my second wedding anniversary today, and I had no wife to spend it with.

But all of a sudden I heard a sound behind me, and turned my head.

"SinB!" I cried, all but falling out of the hammock.

She gave me the biggest grin I'd ever seen as she ran to steady me.

I threw my arms around her, burying my face in her neck.

And I started to sob in relief.

"You're here. You're home. You're okay." I whispered into her ear.

And she held me tighter.

SinB POV:

Having my wife in my arms was the most amazing thing I'd felt in a long time.

We must have just held each other for ten, twenty minutes.

And I never wanted to let go.

But eventually, she let me go long enough to kiss me.

And my soul felt like it became whole again.

After a long time, we stumbled back to the hammock, still unwilling to let one another go.

She climbed in on top of me, and I winced.

"What is it, what's wrong? She asked, eyes wide with concern.

I sighed, and began to tell her the story.

Umji POV:

"...so then the bomb threw shrapnel into my arm and ribs, that's why I'm home. I'm okay though, just a bit sore. I do have to work on my arm a bit, though. Theraphy and stuff." She finished.

"Oh my god." Was all I could say in response, so I held her instead, being careful of her injuries.

"I'm okay baby." She answered, "And I'm home now. For good."

I gasped at that. "For good?" I couldn't believe it. Having her home was all I wanted.

"Yeah, they discharged me. so I got some money and I get to stay home." She said, a huge smile on her face.

I just kissed her over and over again, the smiles never leaving either of our faces.

The next day, we'd invited all of our friends and family over for a celebration.

And when we announced that SinB was home for good, I wasn't the only one beaming from ear to ear.

We laughed and talked late through the night, nobody wanting the happy moment to end.

But at last, everyone returned home.

SinB POV:

After our friends and family left, it was down to the two of us again.

Umji started to clean up, but I grabbed her hand to stop her.

"We have all the time in the world to clean. Dance with me." I said.

She smiled, filling me with warmth, before wrapping her hands around me.

I placed my hands on her waist and she set her hands on my shoulders.

And we swayed to the music drifting faintly from the speakers.

"I'm so happy you're home." She whispered.

And as I looked at the love of my life, in our home, smiling up at me, I couldn't think of anywhere else in the world I'd rather be.

"I'm happy I'm home too." I answered, looking at her.

And for the rest of our lives, that's where I stayed.

Not in that house, for it was much too small for our three adopted children.

But with my wife, because my home was wherever she was.