Two

Tous Les Jours (Every day)

 

 

Hyukjae entered the passcode of their apartment door. He was ringing the doorbell earlier but his wife and children were not opening the door. It was unusual because whenever he got home from his work or other agenda, her wife and children will open the door to greet him.

 

He stepped inside and hide the peony flower bouquet he's been holding behind his back. When he dropped by the store, he was just planning to buy the strawberry milk and choco milk for Sandy and Jae. But he saw the beautiful flower in the stand and he immediately bought it as a surprise gift for his wife because he knew Dara is fond of flowers.

 

He carefully tip-toed in the hallway to surprised them if they are waiting in the living room. But he realized that the living room was dark, only a dim light was open. Worry sprung in his heart. This is unusual. He wanted to think that the three of them are already asleep, but it’s still early. And besides, it’s not nighttime yet for the twins. He opened the light of the living room and he put down the plastic bag and the flowers on the sofa.

 

“Dara?”

 

“Honey?”

 

“Sandy?”

 

“Jae?”

 

“Daddy is here..”

 

He turned around in the living room but no one is answering him. He creased his eyebrows. He was confused about the silence. He strode towards the master bedroom to check if they are there. But when he opened the door, no one is inside. He then marched to the children's bedroom that was beside the master bedroom, again, empty. He tried to look in the bathroom that was beside the children's bedroom, again, empty. He started to panic his family was not there. And he didn't know where they are.

 

He immediately proceeded to the living room. He was so surprised beyond his wits when he saw her children and his wife standing smiling at him widely. Dara was holding a cake with candles on it, and the children were wearing adorable party hats. They were singing joyfully and the two children are adorably swaying their hips.

 

 

Saengil chukhahamnida

 

 

Saengil chukhahamnida

 

 

Saranghaneun appa

 

 

Saengil chukhahamnida

 

Hyukjae can’t stop laughing. It seems his cheekbones are ascending to heaven. He can’t help but adore his wife and children for the sweet surprise. Dara strode over him and the children followed, hugging his both legs like a koala.

 

“Honey, blow the candles. Before it melts.” Dara said.

 

Hyukjae blows the candles. And the twins clapped their hands in delight. He smiled at Dara.

 

Dara strode to the kitchen to put down the cake on the table. Hyukjae crouched down and hug his two children tightly. Smooching their plumps cheeks. The children squealed in delight and wriggling their bodies.

 

“You scared Daddy earlier. I thought the two of you left Daddy alone. It turned out the both of you  are planning to surprise Daddy huh?”

 

And he planted a big kiss on their cheeks. The twins squealed in delight and wriggle their bodies. They are attempting to escape the tickles of their Daddy. They successfully escape the hold of their Daddy and they ran towards their Mommy, hiding behind her, and giggled loudly. While Hyukjae is playfully scaring them. 

 

“Okay, that’s enough Baby Sandy and Baby Jae,” Dara said sweetly. “And you Daddy Hyukjae.”

 

“Let’s go to the living room we haven’t greeted Daddy yet.”  

 

They strode to the living room and settled themselves on the couch.

 

“Okay, what are we gonna say to Daddy?” Dara asked the children.

 

The twins faced their daddy and give him the sweetest smile. “Congratulation on your come back next week Daddeeee. Super Junior fighting!”

 

Hyukjae laughed. It was indeed his comeback next week with the Super Junior. After four years of being away in the limelight, he will come back again as an idol with the members. The guys had successfully persuaded him to join them in the celebration of their 19th debut anniversary comeback. Which of course, by the help of his wife. Dara assured him to not abandon his dreams of singing, dancing, and performing on the stage. It was a part of his life before they got married and Dara doesn't want him to stop pursuing it.

 

Dara was also back in hosting some variety shows. Like him, she's been away in the limelight because both of them wanted to focus on building their growing family. And now the children are big enough to be left alone in the care of their grandparents, if there are circumstances that both of them need to work, their grandpas and grandmas or aunties and uncles can take care of them.  Slowly they are coming back into celebrity life. But of course, they will just do it occasionally. Because their life now is not all about them anymore, it’s also about their children.

 

“Aww, my children are the best.” Hyukjae once again planted a kiss on their cheeks and hugs them.

 

“Because Daddy is thankful, I will give you a present!”

 

The twins jump excitedly. Hyukjae then grabs the plastic bag and flowers he put on the sofa a few minutes ago.

 

He took out the strawberry milk  “Strawberry milk for Baby Sandy!”

 

Baby Sandy squealed in delight and she planted a kiss on her Daddy’s cheek. “Wow! Thank you Daddeeee!”

 

He then took out the chocolate milk “And choco milk for Baby Jae!”

 

“Yet! Thank you Dadeee!” Baby Jae also planted sweet kisses on his Daddy's cheeks.”

 

He then grabbed the peony flower bouquet and gives it to Dara. “And flowers for Honey.”

 

Dara smiled widely when she saw the beautiful flowers. She smelled it and the scent gives her calm. She looked at Hyukjae and smiled sweetly.

 

“Thank you, Honey. This is so beautiful. I love you!”

 

Hyukjae smiled at her lovingly. He wrapped his arms around her waist He glanced at his two children who are seating on the floor drinking their milk.  And at that moment he realized that he was so blessed to have this family. He couldn’t ask for more. He is contented with the life he had.

 

Even though many things have changed since he married the love of his life, Even though the roller coaster ride, the rocky roads, and the messy path will always be there. Even though there people who still can’t accept his decision of getting married and having a family. He won’t regret every bit of it, because this is his life choice. He had chosen to build a family. He had chosen to love and to settle. He had chosen to be happy.

 

“Hey, why won't you answer me. Do you love me?” Dara nudge him playfully

 

He then stares at the eyes of her wife. It was full of warmth and love.

 

“Je fais, tous les jours.” He said.

 

“Huh? What’s that?”

 

He chuckled. And he kissed her wife on the forehead while hugging her tightly.

 

 

 

 

“I do, every day..”