A Very Special Stage

Dropping The Tears [twoshots]

‘Yah, Kevin! Wake up! Why are you sleeping here?’ Soohyun shook Kevin’s body, trying to wake him up. He was sleeping on the cold dance floor.

 

‘Hara-yah..’ He mumbled and after a while, he opened his eyes.

 

‘Aigoo.. Stop burdening your mind with that girl. She’s happy with the Beast guy, so go and find yourself some other happiness.’ Soohyun sat beside him and patted his friend’s head.

‘Ooh.. I forgot to tell you. Our manager said you’ll be having a special stage with someone at Inkigayo..’ He scrunched up his face, trying to remember.

 

‘A female idol?’ Kevin asked coldly.

 

‘Neh.. Kahi Noona talked about it to me. One of the members of After School, I guess. Aren’t you excited?’  Kevin just ignored his Hyung’s question and just stared at the ceiling. He’s like a lifeless person each day.

 

***

 

‘Annyeonghasaeyo, Kevin Sunbaenim. E-young imnida. The newest member of After School and the maknae.’ She bowed to him and said with a cutest smile.

 

‘So, we’re going to sing together?’ Kevin looked at the paper in his hands. Lyrics maybe.

 

‘Neh. I’m going to play the piano and we’ll sing together.’ She was a cheerful girl and energetic too.

 

 

The rehearsal went off smoothly but Kevin didn’t sing his heart out, like he’d lost his soul. And finally the night of the real thing. Idols were ready to perform and that included KARA.

 

‘See? When I walk towards the piano…’ E-Young was trying to explain what would go when they’re on stage. Both of them were walking through the hallway.

But suddenly, they bumped into someone which made Kevin’s heart raced. How much he missed those eyes and her smile.

 

‘Annyeong KARA Sunbaenim. I’m E-Young from After School. Please look forward for me and Kevin Oppa‘s special performance. We’ll do our best.’ Well, Kevin asked her to call him Oppa, so that things won’t be awkward later. She then, gave them a big bow.

 

‘Ahh.. Jeongmalyo? We’ll definitely watch your performance, right, girls?’ KARA’s leader, Gyuri said warmly but Hara’s face expression seemed to change. Before she was happy but when she saw Kevin, her eyes sadden. Especially when she heard E-Young called him Oppa.

 

‘They seem close.’ She thought to herself.

 

***

 

Crowds went wild when Kevin and E-Young’s name were called. The beautiful sound of piano echoed through the place. Then, Kevin slowly went up the stage and walked towards E-Young who was playing the huge piano.

 

silently cried-
Everything I had reached the end of the cliff- It was dangerous

In a world that is raining,
I walked without an umbrella
Just following your eyes, those eyes

Somebody take me away

somebody take me away
Somebody take me away

somebody take me away
Cuz I can’t take this pain

 

Kevin grabbed E-Young’s hands and pulled her towards him, leaving the place silent. Well, fan screams could still be heard. And background music started to play.

 

It feels, It feels so right
My shaking heart is raising me up

In a world filled with darkness,
I ran without any fear
Just following your eyes, those eyes

 

Both of them, holding hands sang beautifully to the song. Somehow, both hearts started to pound rapidly, different from the rehearsals. And Kevin didn’t know why.

 

Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Cuz I can’t take this pain
Even if the world turns its back on me and disowns me
Now I am not afraid- because you’re by my side
I I I know exactly what you’d say

Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Cuz I can’t take this pain

 

The song finally ended with E-Young’s resting her head on Kevin’s shoulders. He could smell the sweet fragrance of her hair, making his heart beating even faster. And to E-Young and him, the place seemed silent, like they’re the only two people in the earth even though loud screams could ruin your eardrums at that time.

She was also feeling this kind of sensation when she’s around Kevin. And so did him. For the first time ever, he forgot about Goo Hara.

 

***

 

‘Woot! Great job, Kevin-ah!’ Kiseop patted his back when he went inside their changing room. Not long after that, knocks could be heard on their door.

 

‘Jagiya!’ Nana called out her boyfriend’s name, Eli and hugged him tight as soon as some of the After School members went inside their room. It seemed like their relationship's staying strong.

 

 

‘Kevin Oppa. Good job.’ E-Young slowly approached Kevin shyly. It seemed like she’s seeing Kevin differently now.

 

‘Gumawo. You’re playing the piano, man! It was awesome.’ Kevin smiled. He never thought that E-Young’s so pretty until now. He was staring at her thoroughly, not like before.

 

 And after that, their relationship was getting closer each day. Texting and calling each other on the phone. Without him realizing, Goo Hara’s name was slowly fading away from his mind and heart.

 

***

 

‘Kevin-ah.’ Suddenly a very familiar voice that he didn’t hear for quite a while called his name. U-Kiss would be on stage soon but he stopped and turned to his back.

 

‘Oh.. Hara-yah.’

 

‘I hope you’re having a great life.’ She started to speak, breaking the awkward silence.

 

‘I do.’ He answered shortly. Hara felt a little hurt, knowing that he’s living his life happily without her.

 

‘Jeongmalyo? That’s good. Me too.’

 

‘I know.’

 

 

But suddenly their moment was interrupted when E-Young just came towards them. Well, she wanted to grab her stuff back at her dressing room but to her luck, she encountered them. Talking at the hallway.

 

‘E-Young? I thought you’re already gone back to your dorm?’ Kevin asked, warmly.

 

‘Mi.. Mianhae. I was disturbing you two.’ She didn’t know why she felt a little hurt seeing them together. She already knew about Kevin and Hara’s past because her Onnies had told her about it. So, she quickly turned back and left.

 

Seeing her like that, Kevin just left Hara alone, dumbfounded and he ran for her.

 

 

‘E-Young-ah. Why’re you like this? Your eyes..’ He realized that she was tearing up.

 

‘Ani. I’m the stupid one. Mianhae, Oppa.’ She quickly wiped her tears, feeling so embarrassed.

 

‘Listen. Me and Hara. We’re so over.’ He tried to explain when he really didn’t need to.

 

‘But.. Why’re you telling me this?’

 

‘Because.. Because starting from today, you’re my girlfriend.

 


[A/N] : E-Young! I'm starting to love her ^^ And I think they're matched :) Thanks for reading *hearts* Credits to the rightful owners of the translation of the song ^^