Chapter 1

The Sound Of Your Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ You should really do something about your sleep issues, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi heard Wendy sigh through the phone at the umpteenth time that she yawned during their call. It wasn’t even barely half the day in but she couldn't help it. It's not like she prayed to have insomnia every night.

 

“ I mean you’ve been having sleeping issues since God knows when but you refuse to take the sleeping pills and I get why but, you have to find an alternative method to help you sleep better you know.”
 

“ Sorry Seungwan, I’ve been trying to and recently I tried aromatherapy as well but lavender doesn’t seem to help as well. Chamomile tea is pretty wretched for me too.”

“ Hmm, what about ASMR?”

Wendy suggested but was met with a confused reply.

 

“ You know whispers and slime sounds that can soothe the nerves and put people to sleep? It’s a lot more than just that but in your case those are some examples.”

“ That sounds so gross..but hmm I haven’t tried that yet.”

“ Well you should and I did come across a 24-hour hotline for ASMR requests, maybe you could give it a shot and hopefully that could help you? Think of it as, I don’t know, some sort of sleep therapy? ”


Seulgi felt her phone buzz and decided that probably she would go for it if she wasn’t able to sleep tonight seeing how the other natural remedy options she had tried thus far wasn’t really working out for her.

What harm could come out of it anyway?

Falling asleep was a hit or miss for Seulgi; mostly misses and somehow, it was a miss again tonight.

Picking up her phone, she dialed the hotline and waited a little before being received by an automated responding service to pick the kind of ASMR service she preferred. Apparently, there were not so kid-friendly options which Seulgi blushed upon hearing them and quickly selected the one in relation to sleep.
 

The options of environmental sounds weren’t appealing as Seulgi believed that if it did help, she would have fallen asleep since it was lightly raining outside. So she picked the option of having a voice lull her to sleep instead.

The call dialed a little longer and Seulgi’s ears were met with the most calming voice she has ever heard.


It was as if the voice was peace incarnate.

 

“ Hello and thanks for dialing in to ASMRequests, My name is Irene and I’ll be your company for tonight.”
 

“ H-Hi, my name is Seulgi. I’ve been having trouble sleeping for a while now and it’s my first time trying out ASMR. I’m not sure how this works but, will you help me try to fall asleep please?”

 

“ Sure Seulgi, do you have an extra pillow around or a plushie that you can hug? It can help with the ASMR experience.”
 

“ Yes I do. I’m hugging it right now. ”
Seulgi grabbed her huge Pooh plushie and hugged it tightly.

“ Alright, now close your eyes and put me on speaker.”

Seulgi did as she was told and was met with the sound of rustling of sheets.

“ Now, I’m going to read you something and all you have to do, is listen to the sound of my voice.”

 

Seulgi hummed, feeling herself entranced by the hypnotic lull of Irene’s voice. It was pleasant and had a calming effect on her thoughts which were usually the culprits for her sleepless nights.

As soon as Irene started reading, Seulgi could already feel the tension in her head ease and slip away while her voice started gently massaging her mind, disentangling the knots between Seulgi’s furrowed eyebrows. The rain outside added sound effects to her reading and soon after, Irene’s voice was drowned out as Seulgi fell fast asleep.

As soon as Irene heard Seulgi’s breathing, she knew her work here was done and decided to hang up, but not before wishing her goodnight.

Seulgi had never found herself well-rested until now and she was thankful that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter