Undercover

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning,” the beautiful girl says, politely standing in front of the class, “My name is Hyukkie. I’m from Busan but my father recently transferred to Seoul. I like to dance and draw. Please, take care of me.” She bows politely.

 

** **

 

“Hyukjae,” his boss, Kangin frowned at the papers in front of him. “Some kids are doing shady business. I need you to catch them, collect proof and send them behind the bars.”

 

“Okay, where’s my team?”

 

“You’ll have Amber and Henry to help you. But you are going undercover in the school.”

 

“What?!” Hyukjae wasn’t pleased. “Why do I need to go among some stupid kids now?”

 

“Because you’re the only one who is smart, experienced and look young enough to pose as a high schooler.”

 

“Whatever,” Hyukjae rolls his eyes but fights a smile.

 

Kangin smirks.

 

 

 

** **

 

 

 

By the time Hyukjae had realized that not only was he going to act as a teenager, he was going to act as a teenage girl, it was already too late. He was already wearing a padded bra, a loose top and skirt. All thanks to Amber. But she was not as bad as Henry. He’s never going to forgive his junior for the pain of waxing.

 

According to the information he has received, his targets are Xiah Junsu, the soccer team captain and Park Yoochun, the basketball team captain. Star quarterback, Jung Yunho and his best friend Kim Junho are also in the radar. He only needs to find enough evidence and get the hell away from this damned school.

 

This humiliation, he’s never going to forget it.

 

Hyukjae looks at his reflection on the black screen of his phone and remembers Henry’s words. Hyung, you look better this way. He can’t deny that. Amber really brought out the best of him.

 

“Isn’t that iPhone 11 Pro Max?” A voice startles him. He looks at the person through his fake lashes. It’s a cute brunette with pretty eyes.

 

“Y-Yes,” Hyukjae answers in a feminine voice.

 

“Wow, man! Did you sell any organ to get that?” The boy is very amazed.

 

Hyukjae regards him with narrowed eyes. He’s been through hours of makeup and not to forget the painful waxing to get him look like a girl. This boy just calls him man. Has he been discovered? Does he not look convincing enough?

 

This boy, he seems to have sharp eyes if he has already found that he is not a girl. The first person to talk to him already knows that he isn’t female.

 

Receiving no reply, the boy looks at Hyukjae, their eyes meeting. Because he has been peering at the phone seconds ago, his face is closer than he imagined and reels back with shock.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry.” The boy apologizes and Hyukjae recognizes southern accent in his voice. “Y-You have a nice phone.”

 

The boy quickly leaves and Hyukjae is again relieved that his secret is not discovered. The cute kid seemed more impulsive than smart.

 

He gets up from his seat and in search of his target. The quicker this is over, the better.

 

** **

 

“Hyukkie? Is that her real name?” Kyuhyun asks, amused as they sit on their table in the cafeteria. His eyes flick to the centre table where the most popular kids like Junsu and Yoochun are seated along with the girls that flock around them. He’s surprised to see the new girl, who according to Donghae is filthy rich, sitting with them.

 

“I don’t know.” Donghae shrugs, munching on his sandwich.

 

“If someone named me that, I’d go on exile to Himalayas.” Heechul grumbles.

 

“Why would someone name their kid Hyukkie? I don’t think any parent is that cruel. Kids are crazy these days.” Ryeowook rolls his eyes.

 

“It reminds me of that obsessed girl from Future Diary. The way she’d go Yukkie, Yukkie, Hyukkie.” Donghae tries to imitate her in a creepy voice and chokes on a pea, coughing violently.

 

“She’s pretty but doesn’t she look a little old?” Kyuhyun frowns as Heechul tends to his suffocating friend.

 

“Maybe it’s because of the makeup caked on her face. Now stop looking at her. I think one of the soccer players have called dibs on her.” Ryeowook throws a pea at Kyuhyun, hitting him at the middle of his forehead and then rolls away. “Remember the golden rule; never get involved with those creatures.” He points at the popular table.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and gives a glass of water to Donghae.

 

“Have you done the calculus questions?” Ryeowook steers the conversation to academics.

 

 

** **

 

Hyukjae gets inside the Porche that comes to pick him up from the school. Several jaws are hung open at the extravagance. The bright red majestic car runs on the dark asphalt, heads turn in the direction of the departing vehicle.

 

“Noona, how was the first day at school?” Henry inquires from the driver’s seat.

 

“What did you call me?” Hyukjae’s eyes on him are murderous.

 

“H-Hyung,” Henry corrects himself. “H-how was it?” He asks in a small voice.

 

“I feel like my face isn’t my face anymore. Other than a stupid jerk invited me to his place, nothing special happened.” Hyukjae complains, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Doesn’t seem like it was a good day,” Henry observes. “Did you meet any cutie?”

 

“They’re all cute. They’re kids.” Hyukjae replies.

 

“Don’t try to evade, hyung. I’m asking about teachers.” Henry rolls his eyes. “If you had hots for those students, you’d get in big trouble.”

 

Hyukjae makes a face. “Don’t talk about that. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke. I’m more focused about the jerks that got me there in the first place.”

 

“Did you get close to them?” Henry starts talking about work.

 

“That was easy. I only needed to show off my nonexistent wealth and they were ready to my boots. Reminds me of school times when we thought it was cool to show off money.” Hyukjae says forlornly.

 

“Your thoughts have changed now?”

 

“Yeah, now I’m more into money is cool as long as it’s in your bank.” The officer replies. “These young children, they don’t understand the world as much as I do. That’s what gives me upper hand. I understand why Kangin told me to disguise as a student rather than a teacher.”

 

“Yeah, you could have gone there as a teacher too.” Henry sounds surprised as if he hadn’t thought about it before.

 

“I’m among them as them. They won’t even know what hit them when they are behind the bars.” The cross-dresser’s eyes turn dark. “Xiah Junsu, it’s a matter of time.” He smirks.

 

 

 

 

** **

 

 

 

 

It is a perfect plan until someone discovers he is a guy. Hyukjae wanted to be a male between those students. Turning himself into a girl was too much of a risk but according to Kangin, for teenagers raging with hormones, it was the quickest route. Although Hyukjae was careful, he could never be too sure.

 

The only time when he slipped from his façade of a y high school girl was when Junsu had cornered him and was going to kiss him. He gritted his teeth and sent an SOS message to Henry. Soon, an announcement was made in the school radio saying Junsu was called by the gym teacher.

 

Junsu left, wanting to quickly kiss Hyukjae’s lips but failing when Hyukjae turned his head and the kiss landed on his cheek.

 

“ing ,” Hyukjae grumbles, going to boy’s washroom to fix his makeup and locking the door from inside. He takes off his top to let go off some steam out of habit.

 

One of the doors of the cubicles open and a boy comes out. Hyukjae is too stunned. He turns around to find a cute brunette who stops at the sight of another person inside. He knows him.

 

While Hyukjae’s upper and lower part of the body say that he’s girl, the boy’s eyes focus on the middle part of his body that say that he is not.

 

“Oh!” The boy gasps and lowers his eyes, “I’m sorry.” He washes his hands as Hyukjae stands petrified near him. The boy hurries to the door but is quickly shoved against it, a lean body pressing against his back.

 

“Lee Donghae,” Hyukjae mutters his name and Donghae’s eyes widen with surprise on hearing the manly voice. “If you tell anyone about what you saw then I will kill you. Do you understand?”

 

Donghae nods silently, losing the ability to speak.

 

“I’m not joking. I’ll hunt you down and dissect you. You don’t know what the I’m capable of. You will keep your mouth shut, okay?”

 

Donghae whimpers, too afraid to speak.

 

Hyukjae lets him go and he scrambles outside, running to the other side of the campus until he faints.

 

 

 

 

** **

 

 

 

“Donghae hyung, how many times have I told you to take it easy? You are not exercising anymore.” Ryeowook scolds the older who is sitting on the bed of infirmary.

 

“Don’t be so hard on him, Wookie.” Heechul frowns and pulls a silent Donghae to his arms. “From today, Donghae is going to stay home with us and play video games, right Donghae?”

 

Donghae doesn’t reply but Heechul moves his head in nodding motion.

 

“Finally hyung,” Kyuhyun points his fingers to the ceiling in victory. “Finally you have come to the other side.”

 

“Donghae, this world is beautiful. We will show you what real fun is.” Heechul pats Donghae’s head.

 

Ryeowook rolls his eyes and leaves the infirmary. He frowns when he sees Hyukkie standing outside with her phone. In spite of sending something fishy, he shrugs and then leaves.

 

 

 

 

** **

 

 

 

 

Something is wrong with Donghae lately. His friends can see the way Donghae reacts when a certain someone is around or when a certain someone’s name is mentioned.

 

“Something’s fishy with the fishy.” Kyuhyun frowns.

 

“You’ve felt it too?” Heechul leans forward.

 

“I thought it was strange but now I’m sure. That’s why she was in the infirmary that day.” Ryeowook joins in.

 

They understand each other’s mind completely. Inside the cafeteria, Donghae is still in line to get lunch while the three of them discuss the present issue of Donghae’s peculiar behavior.

 

Donghae comes back and sets his plate on the table. The three of his friends eye him. Mindful of their gazes, Donghae frowns.

 

“What’s wrong?” Donghae inquires.

 

The three shake their heads and start chomping on their food.

 

Donghae is confused but hungry so he starts eating.

 

“Hyukkie looks pretty today.” Heechul is the one who starts talking first and Donghae freezes, eyes going wide.

 

The three friends share a look at his reaction.

 

“Is that Hyukkie near the door?” Kyuhyun asks and Donghae’s head snaps in the direction of door. “No, the other door.” Donghae looks at the other door. “Never mind, my eyes are playing tricks on me.” Donghae sighs and goes back to eating again but his pace is much slower than before.

 

“I heard that Hyukkie and Junsu are going out.” Ryeowook mumbles in a low voice. Donghae still hears it and his eyes widen again.

 

“Really?” He looks at Ryeowook.

 

“Not really. I heard that in my dream.” The younger replies and Donghae looks down at his plate and mutters an ‘oh’.

 

The three boys look at each other and nod.

 

 

** **

 

 

 

 

 

Chansung is another soccer player who is very much interested in Hyukkie. He isn’t Hyukjae’s target so he sees no point in appeasing him at all. But some boys don’t understand the meaning of ‘no’ and he honestly feels bad for all the women in the world who have to come across these vermin.

 

“Why are you acting this way?” Chansung puts both hands on either side of Hyukjae, on the wall. The older is trying his best not to knee him where the sun doesn’t shine.

 

“Let me go,” he grumbles out, eyes narrowing.

 

There are a couple of nerds and two of Chansung’s friends in the hallway. From the corner of his eye, he sees Donghae entering the hallway along with his friends. He wonders how humiliating will it be to have Donghae witness the scene.

 

“Don’t be like that. You like me too, right?” He smirks lazily and before Hyukjae can give a biting reply or push him off, Donghae is already pulling at the soccer player’s collar. As more students file in, they circle around Chansung, giving him stink eyes for his behavior.

 

Donghae is glowering down at the soccer player as Heechul curses at the boy.

 

 

 

 ** **

 

 

Donghae is pressed against the wall and is staring at Hyukkie with wide eyes. She had really pretty eyes. He wonders what she wants to tell him. He helped her even though she threatened him before. But he feels like Hyukkie must be going through her own problems. Her life must not be easy, especially when she spends most of her time with Junsu and his gang.

 

“What are you doing?” He asks.

 

“I wanted to thank you for helping me.” Hyukkie says in a feminine voice. Now that Donghae knows that Hyukkie doesn’t actually sound like that, it sounds very fake to his ears.

 

“Oh!” He blinks. “You’re welcome.”

 

“But I don’t want you to get involved, Donghae.” She tells him and he bites his lower lip. Her words sound like she cares about him, even if slightly. She sounds like those bad boys from the romance novels. Those bad boys are Donghae’s guilty pleasure.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” he stutters. He wonders if he should thank her for caring about him. But he could be wrong. What if she didn’t say that because she cared about him but because she didn’t like him? But she said it in a very caring manner.

 

“I’m saying this for you. If you see me, just ignore, no matter what, okay?” Hyukkie says and Donghae gets confidence that she really cares about him.

 

“Hyukkie, I won’t judge you.” Donghae says with a new confidence boost, the words he has wanted to say for some time now.

 

“What?” Hyukkie frowns.

 

“Even if you are transgender, I won’t judge you for it. I don’t think many people will. But those boys are not good.” Donghae tells her. Maybe she wanted to hear those words. Society has grown very accepting to transgender which is a very good thing. But Junsu and his friends are horrible.

 

“What?!” Hyukkie’s lips remain parted.

 

“If you need a friend I will be there for you. If you are in any problem, you can always ask me for help.” He puts a hand on hers. “I’m gay too.” He tries to make her feel at ease.

 

Hyukkie narrows her eyes and leans closer to Donghae, very, very close. “So you are gay, huh?”

 

Donghae heart starts beating fast when Hyukkie reverts to her manly voice. It has a dangerous undertone to it but at the same time, it’s exciting.

 

A hand finds its way to curl around his waist and his breath hitches. Hyukkie moves her face to his ear and whispers, “I’m glad to have you in my life then, dear Donghae. Please, keep my secret safe with you.”

 

“Y-Yes,” he stammers as Hyukkie pulls back, regards him with smiling eyes and leaves.

 

 

 

** **

 

“Do you think Donghae likes Hyukjae?” Heechul wonders as they are walking down a corridor.

 

“I don’t know.” Kyuhyun mumbles. “I thought Donghae was gay.”

 

“That’s what he told us.” Heechul says. “I can’t believe Donghae lied to us. We are going to spy on him.”

 

“Yep, I’ve brought these binoculars.” Ryeowook lifts the device.

 

“Wait!” Heechul stops the three as they near the dancing studio where Donghae often goes. On the staircase, they see two students standing close to each other – a boy and a girl – Donghae and Hyukkie.

 

“Ryeowook, give me your binoculars.” Heechul holds put his hand as they hide behind a pillar. It’s time to put his talent of lip reading to some use.

 

‘What are you doing?’ - is what Donghae says as he stared into Hyukjae’s dark eyes.

 

“Donghae said – Are you sure?” Hyukjae tries to lip read their conversation from a distance. He can barely see their faces but has confidence in his skills.

 

‘I wanted to thank you for helping me’.

 

“I think that I am pregnant.”

 

‘Oh! You’re welcome.’

 

“So, who’s the father?”

 

‘But I don’t want you to get involved, Donghae.’

 

“Who could it be, Donghae?”

 

‘I-I’m sorry.’

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

‘I’m saying this for you. If you see me, just ignore, no matter what, okay?’

 

“Sorry won’t do it. You have to take responsibility for this.”

 

‘Hyukkie, I won’t judge you.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter