-Fin-

A Hell of a Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene was a girl that left her parents in Daegu just to go study in Seoul. She left in bad terms with both of them. They didn't support her life choices so she decided to throw herself at life and go. She wasn't a girl to have relationships for a long time, it was rare. Why? She doesn't know how to answer it too. Every time she had someone, she would cheat on them, she said she can't control herself, she says that she likes to be free, but maybe they aren't the right ones.

On the other hand, Seulgi hated her mother, she was a to her and her twin brother. She liked her dad but she also ran away from home trying to find a better life. She was right now studying arts. Seulgi never dated but that didn't stop her from having one-night stands and other stuff involved. The two of them have similar lives but different at the same time.

If it was destiny or not the two studied in the same University, both in different subjects. Seulgi doesn't remember how or when she met Moonbyul, but the two became inseparable. She also met other girls and Irene and Seulgi's paths finally crossed. It was at a party, Irene was dating her future fiancé, the one she was about to cheat on.

“Hey there gorgeous" Seulgi said to Irene “You know what would be amazing right now?” Her tone was flirtatious

“I don't know, please tell me" Irene answered with the same tone

“Us kissing" Irene bit her lip

“Is that so?” Seulgi nodded “I have a fiancé you know?”

“Already? You're so young" Irene just smiled

“Well yeah"

“Well what a shame, I really wanted to kiss that pretty lips of yours"

“Who said I didn't accept that kiss?” Seulgi's expression was priceless “We just need to do it in a hidden place" Seulgi bit her lip and nodded. She dragged Irene to somewhere that was hidden but it still was close to where everyone was, they were behind some tall plants “I think they can still see us"

“We can call someone we trust to be here"

“You're right if someone else is here they won't notice" Seulgi nodded and suddenly Moonbyul showed up

“What are you doing here? Oh, hi Irene" Irene waved to Moonbyul and the smaller girl called her friend Joy that after some minutes found them

“What are we doing here?” Joy asked

“Nothing just stay there and shut up" Irene said and then turned around facing Seulgi “Your offer is still on?” Seulgi nodded and Irene almost jumped on the girl, the two kissing. Joy could only facepalm and Moonbyul shrugged

“Hmm, Irene Suho is coming" Irene tried to break the kiss apart but Seulgi's tongue on hers was feeling so good “Irene….” The boy was about to see them when Irene pushed Seulgi

“What the is going on?’ He asked “What's happening here?”

“Oh, baby" Irene faked “Nothing we were just talking right?” The three girls nodded

“Hm… okay I thought you ran away"

“No baby, never. Shall we go?” The boy nodded

“Bye girls" Irene waved to Moonbyul and Seulgi, Joy followed the couple after waving too

“You know who she is?”

“Nope" Seulgi answered cluelessly like always

“She's the heartbreaker and cheater of the University” Seulgi nodded she didn't care “Hear me out, she’s not good with commitment”

“Fine! It was just a kiss… and a good kiss" Moonbyul rolled her eyes and dragged her back to the party

“Let's kiss more mouths" Seulgi could only giggle

The two paths crossed at that party, but curious or not their group of friends were friends with each other so they ended being part of the same group. Irene told her fiancé she cheated on him in that same party and the two in that party kissed a lot of mouths, at the end of the day the two ended making it up and were together again, Irene promising that she wouldn’t repeat it. She meant it… But it doesn't mean she would control herself.

___

 

The group of 9 girls were becoming like a family day by day. Seulgi and Irene were getting closer and closer each day that passed. Irene got pregnant after some months of cheating with Seulgi, the thing was… in 1 week she went to bed with 3 different guys and kissed other. The one she kissed wasn't the father of course but she didn't know who the father was, her fiancé Suho, the annoying boy she met but forgot his name and Dexter (he's not an idol he's just a name I invented).

Her friends could only reprimand her because now a kid was involved. Seulgi and her would kiss sometimes but nothing more. Suho ended finding out that Irene cheated on him again and that the kid couldn't be his. She went to have a pregnancy test at the hospital and the doctor said she was pregnant for 3 weeks. She was sure the kid was Suho's, she wasn't ready to have a kid and neither was he but she had the girls with her. Irene was regretting all her acts she felt like she truly liked Suho but she knew she's not mature enough to have a relationship.

Suho ended disappearing one day, Irene ended knowing that he died in a car crash. She had to live with the regret of losing him when they were not in good terms, pregnant and knowing that she didn’t tell him about Sehun. At that time the girls were super supportive of the girl, specially Seulgi.

“Don't worry, we will help you I am willing to take care of her or him like they are my kid" Irene smiled and ended kissing Seulgi. It was a kiss full of love from Seulgi’s part and Irene's part? We don't know

“Yes Rene, we are here for you" Solar said and caressed the girl's back

From there Seulgi started falling deep for Irene. She knew how the girl is, she knew she's still in pain because of Suho, she knows she will kiss a lot of people, she knows all of that but she can’t help not falling in love with her. Irene didn't let her move on too.

There was a time where they argued, they argued like a couple. Seulgi showing how bad she felt that Irene was jealous of Seulgi kissing and being with other girls but whenever the monolid girl felt the same about Irene they would fight and fight and fight endlessly. Their friends could only sigh at them fighting. Moonbyul would advise Seulgi to move on, to be honest, everyone in that group said to Seulgi for her to move on.

This morning in special wasn't a good day for Irene. It got worse when she saw a girl flirting with Seulgi near the entrance door of the Uni. Wendy and Joy stared at each other and just sighed. Moonbyul seemed to be pushing the other girl more towards Seulgi and in the eyes of Irene, Seulgi was enjoying every single bit of it.

“Let me stay here and watch this bull up close" The three stopped and Irene just crossed her arms watching Seulgi flirting with the random girl

“Good morning" Solar, Hwasa, Wheein, and Yeri arrived and stopped next to the three girls. Irene still glaring at Seulgi

“Good morning" The two answered while Irene just kept quiet shooting daggers with her eyes

“What's wrong?” Solar asked confused

“So…” Joy just said and pointed

“Oh no…” Solar said “Irene let's go"

“No, let me watch this more"

“Irene, you don't want to date her so you don't have the right to feel jealous" Wendy said but regretted immediately when Irene sent her a cold glare

“She's not lying. You can kiss whoever you want and so can she" Hwasa pointed

“She feels jealous of me too if I don't have the right she doesn't have too"

“Yeah, we know that. Let's go" Yeri tried to drag the girl while staring in panic at Seulgj that was now kissing the other girl

“NO! I am pregnant don't make me get nervous"

“You will get nervous and pissed if you keep staring at Seulgi" Joy said leading Wendy to slap her arm so hard

“And why is that?” Irene turned around and saw Seulgi kissing the other girl. She felt the urge to go and rip all the hair the girl that was kissing Seulgi had “I don’t care anymore” Irene stomped out of there and made sure to pass right next to Seulgi “Amazing" She said. Seulgi hearing the girl's voice broke the kiss. She only saw the girl's back getting farther

“ it" Seulgi said to Moonbyul and after joined her friends

“You know she will fight with you again"

“Whatever" Seulgi said. They knew she was hurting

It was like that for all the 9 months of Irene's pregnancy. Seulgi confessed to Irene and she heard a no of course. The two kept kissing, going to bed together and all that without commitment. They made an agreement that the two could kiss whoever they wanted but not in front of each other. At that time they ended their studies and were now working. The 9 of them bought houses next to one another.

_______

 

Irene bought a bar, she was the boss and all the girls worked for her. Serene was 4 years old and all the girls were there for Irene, Seulgi especially. On the day of the birth the monolid girl was the one that held Irene's hand, was the one that stood by her side like a true partner. Seulgi was always there for whatever Irene needed, but the smaller girl was the only one that didn't see that.

Seulgi after some things that happened and broke her heart more each day, decided to have the famous talk for the nth time. She put Irene against the wall, she put the girl between the sword and the wall.

“Look!” Seulgi started with a sigh “I love you, Irene, I do. So much that it hurts" Irene bit her lip and stared at the floor “I can't keep going on like this. You giving me hopes and crushing all of them after. I can't continue this game of push and pull. You getting jealous of me, getting mad if I get jealous of you. Kissing me one day and the next kissing 3 different mouths. Going to bed with me, making me believe you feel the same and then break my heart countless times. I am always here for you, everyone sees that except you. You're not considerate of my feelings. I'm not your toy" Irene's heart was broken by now. She couldn't find the strength to stare Seulgi in the eyes

“Seulgi… I love you too so much. God, I really do!” Seulgi knew a but was coming so she didn't get her hopes up once again because she knew they would be broken again “You know how I am…” Irene finally stared at Seulgi, she bit her lip nervously “I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to cheat on you and hurt more than I am doing now" Seulgi nodded “I love you Seulgi that's why I am letting you go. Please don't be hurt because of me anymore. I am a I need to grow up and I'm sorry for dragging you into this for some years”

“I'm glad you were honest with me. Now I can move on or try to do it. Now I know what you feel too and I am happy that all this time I wasn't feeling all this alone" Irene nodded and hugged Seulgi so tight “I want you to be happy too. I know you still feel bad because of Suho" Irene nodded in the crook of Seulgi's neck “I need some time alone now. Do you mind?”

“No. I don't mind. Seulgi" Irene called “I'm sorry" Seulgi smiled

“I’ll be okay and I hope you will be okay too"

_______

 

Since Seulgi was there always helping Irene with Serene, playing with her, taking care of her, the girl ended calling her mom too. It was when she was 5 years old. She called Seulgi mommy for the first time. The monolid girl was shocked at first but smiled widely.

“Are you for real?” She asked the little girl

“Yes! You take care of me like my mom does" Seulgi could only smile widely

“If your mom knows she will get mad" The two giggled

“She will ask ‘Serene who taught you that?’” The two laughed

“She will end up blaming me as always"

“Seulgiiiiiii" The little girl made fun of her mom. The two were caught laughing by Irene that asked them what was going on

“Nothing" Seulgi said

“I called Seulgi mommy Seulgi" Irene almost choked on her saliva

“W-Who taught you to say that? Was it Moonbyul? I am going to kill her" Serene giggled

“I call Seulgi mommy because she takes care of me like you do mama" Irene frowned

“W-Well… did you ask Seulgi if she wants to be called like that?”

“She loved it, mama"

“She did?” Irene stared at Seulgi and the girl smiled

“She’s my little princess, I don't mind at all"

Since that happened for the rest of the years, Seulgi talked about Serene as her kid and Serene talked about Seulgi like she was her other mom. She indeed was. Parents are the ones who raise and take care, who educate and all that.

____

Some more years passed. Serene was now 9. Seulgi and Irene still had feelings for one another but they were different, it finally was only friendship and they finally matured. Those feelings didn't go unnoticed by Serene since when she was baby.

Seulgi seemed to be better, she went to a psychologist and that made her move on from Irene, at least she thought she did. Irene found a new boyfriend. They were stable for some months now. Irene finally seemed to mature, she didn't cheat on him and she was happy after a long time. His name was Bogum, Serene found him boring she prefers her aunts and Seulgi.

“Let's go. I'll take you out today" Joy said to the girl “You, me, Wendy and Yeri"

“Can mommy Seulgi go?” Seulgi that was eating cereals stopped in time and stared at the girl

“Yeah, whatever my daughter wants" Serene giggled

“My mom is always with that boring boyfriend of hers" All of them laughed at the little girl

“I love her, she's sassy" Joy pointed

“She learned with the best" Yeri mumbled and that earned her a pinch from Joy

“Shut up gnome" Yeri scoffed

“I am 1 centimeter taller than Wendy” Now it was Wendy's turn to scoff

“HEY!” Serene was just laughing out loud watching her aunts bickering

“Hey little one" Seulgi called

“Yes, mommy?”

“What if I invite aunt Moonbyul, aunt Solar, aunt Hwasa and aunt Wheein?” The kid nodded eagerly

“Only if they bring my cousin" Seulgi giggled

“Of course baby"

“Yaaaay"

The group left to some family time, Irene was with her boyfriend. Irene was a good mom, now she finally found peace in her heart and found the right boy for her so she had to enjoy those moments. Someone finally calmed her heart but other someone made that same heart beat like crazy.

Because of Irene's boyfriend, Seulgi met Sunmi later. They started slowly, it all started with a kiss, it went for a one-night stand and now they are on their 5th date. Seulgi likes the girl, she felt that she was the right one. Her friends thought the same.

“She's not like Irene" Moonbyul pointed

“I'm glad you finally found someone considerate of your feelings” Wendy said while sipping on her coffee

“Most of all we are glad you found someone that makes you happy, understands you and truly loves you" Solar talked “Irene is my best friend but all these years she was a with you”

“Yeah. I'm glad I found someone" All of them nodded and the topic was cut off when Irene arrived with Bogum and Serene

“Hello!”

“Hi!” All the girls that were present greeted

“Seul” Yeri called when she had the girl’s attention she asked “Is Sunmi coming too?”

“Sunmi and you are together?” Irene asked while leaning closer to Bogum

“Not yet” Seulgi answered Irene “And she told me she couldn’t come today, she has to work” All of them nodded

The big group were chatting and the two kids were playing around with each other. Seulgi was chatting with Sunmi through texts. They were inside the bar they work, they were just chilling, it was just them spending some time there.

“Serene” Irene called

“Yes, mama?”

“Come here sit with me and Bogum”

“No thanks” The little girl said and jumped on Seulgi’s lap

“I see, you prefer mommy Seulgi” Irene pouted being a bit dramatic and the little girl giggled

“Are you jealous Irene?” Seulgi asked playfully and received a light kick on her leg

“Shut up stupid” The two giggled

“She’s just being dramatic as always” Bogum teased making Seulgi laugh, Serene followed after

“Now you?” Seulgi giggled lightly and got up with Serene on her lap

“We’ll have a small walk at the beach” Seulgi announced. Irene’s bar was located a few meters away from the beach

“Take care of Seulgi, Serene” Seulgi fake laughed and left with the little girl giggling and clinging on the girl’s neck

“Mommy I’m too big to be carried”

“No, you’re not, shush” Serene giggled

“Mommy” Serene called

“Yes baby”

“Do you think my mama is happy?”

“Happy? About what?”

“With Bogum” Seulgi opened and nodded mentioning that know she understood

“She seems happy. Why are you asking?”

“And you? Are you happy?”

“I am little one. Why are you asking that? Are you unhappy?” Seulgi was now worried

“No mommy. It’s that… you loved mommy so much and she liked you back” Seulgi nodded “but you two are not together, she is with him and you’re almost together with Sunmi” Seulgi hummed and nodded

“So! Adults are complicated you know? Your mom Irene she had some troubles like she already told you about your father” Serene nodded “She was still sad and hurt, when we liked each other she wasn’t ready to date me, your mom liked to kiss a lot of people and she was afraid that if we dated she would hurt me more tha she did before. Eventually, we ended moving on, that’s why she is with him and now I have someone else too”

“You don’t love her anymore?” Serene asked

“I do, but as a friend only”

“What about mama?”

“I think she feels the same” The little girl nodded “But are you sad that we are not together?”

“No. I am happy that you two are happy. I still remember you two fighting a lot when I was younger” Seulgi giggled

“Yeah! We used to fight a lot. That was one of the reasons that we decided to leave it at that” Serene nodded “You’re getting pretty smart for a 9 year old kid”

“I am almost eighteen” Seulgi laughed and they finally arrived the beach

“The one reaching the sea first wins” Seulgi said

“Deal” Serene said and Seulgi put her down

“On three”

“One” Seulgi started

“Two” Serene said

“THREE” The two yelled and ran to the sea. Seulgi let Serene win of course. Seulgi being her dramatic self, laid down on the sand, sprawled, and started saying dramatic stuff

“Oh no! I’m going to die, I’m getting too old for this” Serene just giggled and threw herself to Seulgi “And now I am being attacked by a gnome”

“HEY!” Serene slapped Seulgi’s arm making her giggle

“You and your mom love to hit me” Serene could only giggle

“I don’t but mama loves slapping your arms” Seulgi giggled

“She’s violent” Once again they were making fun of Irene behind her back

“She’s like ‘Seulgi don’t say that’” Seulgi laughed out loud

“Seulgi I told you to do this not that” Seulgi tried to copy Irene’s voice

“You idiot, slap” Serene said following Seulgi on laughing

“Very funny making fun of me behind my back” Seulgi shivered in fear and Serene stopped laughing immediately “You two love to make fun of me I see”

“You?” Seulgi started “It wasn’t you, we would never”

“Yeah, mama… we were talking about…” Serene bit her lip and the monolid girl could only look amused at the girl and appreciate how she looked like a mini Irene

“About?” Irene asked

“Aunty Sunmi” Irene frowned

“Since when do you know Sunmi?” Irene asked the jealousy was evident

“When you were on a date with Bogum and I was with mommy Seul. Sunmi visited mommy and we played a bit”

“Is that so? And why do I know it now?”

“Because now you only pay attention to Bogum” Serene stated. Seulgi laughed nervously and Irene could only frown

“Seulgi was it you? That told her that, i mean" Seulgi just sighed

“Why is it always me? Serene is 9 years old and she’s very smart and observant, she understands things. Plus you should be asking her how she feels and if it was me or not saying it to her” The monolid girl said getting a bit frustrated

“Kang Seulgi I am-” Irene got interrupted by Serene

“Mama, I love you so much and you know that but lately you have been giving more attention to Bogum than me” Irene stared at Serene shocked

“I don’t honey” Irene kneeled on the sand and the two that until now were laying down sat facing Irene

“You do mommy” The little girl started playing with the sand shyly “When we are alone at home you play 20 minutes with me till Bogum calls you and you two stay on the phone for almost two hours” Irene tried to talk but Serene didn’t let her “You are always going on dates with him, mommy Seulgi has been the one fetching me from school, taking me to the park, playing with me, spending time with me, like now” Irene stared at the sand sadly

“I’m sorry baby”

“I understand you want to be with your boyfriend but you’re choosing him for everything”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t notice that, I’m sorry baby can I get a hug?” Serene nodded and ran to her mom’s arms “Can I ask you something?” Irene talked and Serene nodded “Your aunts are right there at the park, can you go to their side? I need to talk to Seulgi”

“Okay! But call me once you two are done”

“We will” Irene answered and kissed her daughter’s forehead

“Bye, little one” Seulgi said while throwing a kiss at the kid. Serene left running and Irene stared at Seulgi

“I’m sorry if I made you upset”

“I’m used to it. I am always getting blamed for everything Serene says or does that you don’t like” Irene tried to talk but she didn’t have the words “You know… you can tell me if you want me to give her some space, stop spending time with her and all that”

“NO!” Irene talked louder than she expected “Sorry if I made you think like that”

“It’s okay! You already pushed me enough don’t you think? We don’t need to pretend that we are 100% well in front of Serene. She understands it you know?”

“I know, she’s super smart” Seulgi nodded

“I know sometimes I make some crazy things that I shouldn’t do but… She has fun, I love to see her laughing and smiling. I’m sorry if I broke any of the limits you put on her education”

“No no, you’re amazing. You are an amazing mom”

“And so ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter