Dorm drawing

Monstrous Butterflies

 

Once the group heard that they would be divided into two dorms. Eunbi dearly hoped, she hoped that she and Chaeyeon would be placed in a single dorm—but alas, her hope was immediately crushed as it was announce that both her and Chaeyeon would become dorm leaders as the mother-hens of the group.

If Eunbi had no control over her reactions, she would’ve hissed at their manager, clung onto Chaeyeon, or cried—she felt like she wanted to do all of those, in that particular order…

                With the news that she wouldn’t be able to share a home with Chaeyeon for their promotional periods, Eunbi’s brain stopped functioning in favor of mourning the thought of her and Chaeyeon waking up and making breakfast together. Fortunately, their manager didn’t notice Eunbi’s mental absence, and more fortunately, Chaewon—Eunbi’s most trusted confidant who knew her secret feelings for Chaeyeon (Actually Chaewon caught Eunbi binge watching all of Chaeyeon’s appearance on KPOP star and Chaeyeon’s elimination in Sixteen, Eunbi had cursed JYP with words Chaewon found creative)—Fortunately, Chaewon was listening to the manager’s instructions because she knew that she would have to recollect Eunbi’s brain-cells after the announcement.

                After their manager left the girls to decide which members were going to which dorm. The girls were waiting for Eunbi to take charge, but their leader were eerily quiet and looked deep in thought.

“Okay so… how do we do this?” Chaeyeon broke the silence, only for her question to be answered by silence. The girls were all looking for Eunbi to lead them. Chaewon, knowing how Eunbi tended to get stuck in her daydreams, elbowed the older woman who in turn yelped in pain.

“Yah! Kim Chaewon!”Eunbi clutched the side that Chaewon elbowed so mercilessly and would’ve enacted her revenge had Eunbi not noticed the eerie silence in the room.

Eunbi looked around and was shocked to see their manager gone, “Wait... What did I miss?”

The group laughed at their leader’s cluelessness. Hyewon said, “Where did you go Eunbi? Manager-oppa just told us to decide which dorm would house which members”

Eunbi let out an ‘Ahh..’ as she realized she indeed was stuck too long in her daydreams, “Sorry Kids… Wait… We’ll be the ones to choose?”

“Yes unnie, I mean we could do it by random picks… or we could choose the most convenient set up?” Chaeyeon answered.

At Chaeyeon’s words, Eunbi’s breathing hitched—this was a problem… Eunbi looked around the room and inspected each member—seeing which member would pose as a problem in Eunbi’s endeavor of wooing Lee Chaeyeon.

“Let’s choose, one by one.” Eunbi affirmed with the resolve of getting all the members that liked Lee Chaeyeon too much into a dorm with her. For if Eunbi wouldn’t be able to wake up to Chaeyeon’s presence, then she would make sure the others wouldn’t too… now she just had to make sure she won’t get caught…

Eunbi thought hard on which member to choose, “Minju, get over here”

Minju clapped like a seal and excitedly went over to Eunbi, not used to getting chosen first—Minju was entirely unaware that the reason she got chosen was because Eunbi disliked it whenever Minju watched Chaeyeon dance like Chaeyeon was a goddess... ‘I mean Chaeyeon is a goddess, but that doesn’t mean ya’ll can ogle at her.’ Eunbi thought.

“Okay then, I choose Yuri.” Chaeyeon said, hoping to at least get one cooperative member into her dorm. It was funny though since Chaeyeon and Eunbi had stood up from their chairs and faced each other—Yuri after hearing her name stood up as well and went to Chaeyeon’s side, it was akin to a PE dodge ball activity.

“I’ll take Hyewon.” Eunbi replied, her reason? Hyewon had a way of seeping under women with her charms and affection, Eunbi doesn’t want Chaeyeon exposed to that.

Chaeyeon surveyed her members, “I’ll take Nako-nako, uri nako then.”

“Is it just me or does it feel like we’re being chosen like Pokémon over here?” Yena whispered to Yujin and Wonyoung, who both shared the sentiment. But Chaewon knew better, it was so funny seeing Eunbi so invested into trying to remove what she considered as threats to her and Chaeyeon supposed relationship. ‘Honestly, the only threat here is your inability to woman-up and confess, Eunbi unnie’ Chaewon thought and chuckled.

Eunbi was thinking which member to take, but when she heard Chaewon’s chuckle she immediately called out her name, “I choose Chaewon!”. Eunbi patted herself mentally as she watched Chaewon pick herself up from her chair and headed to Eunbi’s side, Eunbi almost forgot what a threat Chaewon is, seeing as she is the only one in the group apart from herself that knew of her feelings towards the group’s main dancer--Eunbi didn't want Chaewon exposing her to Chaeyeon of all people.

 “Hii-chan, come here…” Chaeyeon hugged Hitomi as she went by her side. “Oh, since I already have two-thirds of our Japanese members, I’ll take Sakura as well.”

Sakura went up and hugged Chaeyeon before she went and stood with Hitomi and Nako. Deep inside, Eunbi was committing suicide already—for how had she missed the biggest threat? MIYAWAKI SAKURA… not that Eunbi hated Sakura or anything, it was quite the opposite in-fact she was actually grateful for Sakura choosing her and Chaeyeon during the first PD48 stage group, because it was that project that led Eunbi and Chaeyeon to become closer… but still---‘Sakura is the biggest threat T_T’ Eunbi thought

Knowing she won’t win an argument about Sakura being in her dorm because truth of the matter is, Eunbi at Japanese and their Japanese members were still learning Korean, so it made sense for them to be with Chaeyeon. Defeated, Eunbi soullessly picked Yujin and Wonyoung.

“Wait unnie,” Eunbi turned her attention from her thoughts to Chaeyeon.

Funnily, Chaeyeon’s concern was simultaneously voiced out by Hyewon, Chaewon, and Yuri herself. “I don’t think it’s good for Yena to dorm with Yuri.”

“Yah! Yuri! You’re supposed to help get the both of us into one dorm!” Yena loudly exclaimed, it was clear she felt betrayed by Yuri’s words.

“Yena-unnie, you and I both know we will never get enough rest if you and I are dormed together. You bother me enough in the van!” Yena sulked at Yuri’s words. While the entire group laughed

“Okay, I’ll take Yena then.” Eunbi replied, seeing the wisdom in their argument.

“And I’ll have wonyoung-ie.” Eunbi nodded at Chaeyeon.

“Okay now that that’s set, let’s go and pack and see each other tomorrow!” The group dispersed into their different vans and vehicles that would lead them to their current dorms with their different entertainment companies.

Eunbi and Chaewon stood by the pavement, waiting for their ride to their company dorms… “Unnie, you do know that our dorm is going to be a mess right?”

Eunbi furrowed her eyebrows, “What? Why?”

Chaewon chuckled, “Your effort in securing Chaeyeon unnie for yourself has led you to take me, Minju, Hyewon, Yujin and Yena.

Chaewon’s words echoed in Eunbi’s mind, running the names over and over in her mind… Eunbi realized that it would be a miracle for her to have a peaceful, quiet, and an orderly dorm.

Needless to say, the day was a defeat recorded in Kwon Eunbi’s books.