One

Anemone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seji

 

 

I can’t help it but to watch his inkigayo guesting for today. He looks so good and stunning and gorgeous as always. His voice, that damn voice. I really fell for it the minute he serenaded me on one of the most lavish sky garden restaurants at Gangnam when all of his fans knew he would be attending his fansign event. I was never aware of his schedule that day when his manager called to asked me if we’re together. I gave him a questioning look and he said I could just reason out that something came up and he got a fever all of a sudden, that he came to my place and that I was nursing him instead of going to the hospital. I had no other choice but to become his accomplice and ditch his manager. I mean who would trade the hanging fairy lights, the extravagant roses of different colors outlining the railings and walls, all the candles on the staircase, the exquisite food and the nice wine plus the awesome view of the city’s skyline for just one night of tiresome fansigning event? I’m not being mean to his fans but he deserves a life, a private one, secluded from all the lights and flicker of cameras.

 

 

 

“I wouldn’t miss out the endless queue of my fans squealing my name at the event but I think this night is reserved for a more important matter. Seji-ah, can you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

So this is how it feels like to be in a relationship with someone you really love. Not the type of love that a fan feels for a celebrity but the kind of love that springs out of the corner, a sweet serendipity. I fell not only for his voice, his eyes, nose and lips but to his entirety. He’s probably the sweetest guy, the one who won’t put pressure on a girlfriend’s role. He proved that chivalry was never dead with how he deeply shows his affection from time to time. He adores my bare face in the morning the way I adore his baby pictures that has never been exposed to his fans ever.

 

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I don’t really believe in this saying until he tasted the sweetest strawberry cake that can never be found anywhere in Korea. I’m a struggling student at the Konkuk University majoring in baking and pastry arts when I first met him. He’s taking up a degree in acting at the same time when he happened to frequent the café inside the university where I work. He’s already a celebrity that time and no wonder the shop is selling well whenever he’ll drop by to fetch his strawberry cake. I guess the gods were in my favor when we sat on an international language class together. One time our class went out for a drink, 99% of the girls cancelled their night outs only to join our dinner. Hell, I don’t have time for fangirling so I decided to just take an early leave since I still have a cake to bake for tomorrow’s evaluation. Unfortunately, I came across 2 strange looking guys, who seemed drunk by the way they smell, forcing me to come with them. I kept on screaming and happened to kick the guy on his gut but the other one captured me so I fell on the ground. Fearing that something bad will happen to me that night, I tried to escape the drunk guy’s clutch when all of a sudden he came and rescued me the way all these childhood story books will tell how a knight rescues the damsel in great distress. I saw him from a different perspective that time. Your eyes connecting to your heart and light up a thousand light bulbs, that's what it feels like. It’s a different kind of moment but he chose to stay away from all these girls who kept on interfering his life beyond the camera. I happened to be one of those people who doesn't make an idol big of a deal when it comes to being nosy about their privacy. He said he wants to accompany me until I got home safe.

 

Not that he is just a someone, but he’s more than that. He’s an idol. He’s famous, everyone knows his handsome face. Maybe his fans knew all of his TMIs better than me. He’s on a constant supervision 24/7 by the paparazzi. He’s the ace of JYP. He’s the visual. He’s the future of the company. I can even see my boyfriend’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter