Final

Notice Me

YOUR POV

It's been three months. Three months since he asked me to be his girlfriend. Three months since I said yes to him. Three months since I actually heard him say a sentence to me. Three months since he really interacted with me. I don't understand. Ever since a week after we started, he distanced himself from me. I was sad, confused, and hurt. We don't even do couple things together. He doesn't text me saying good morning or good night. He doesn't call just to check up on me. He doesn't walk me to class or to school. He doesn't visit me. Heck I barely even see him at all. Why is this?

Me and my friends decided to stalk him for day. He was happy and friendly to everyone he spoke to. Never hesitated to say hi or strike up a conversation. That was the opposite with me. He was quiet. He kept a straight face. I had to guess his emotions. Every time we talked it was one word answers or none at all. I was hurt. I wanted him to speak to me. Was he always like this to me?

Thinking back to our two dates, he was also quiet. He smiled at me though. He was a gentlemen. Even though he was quiet, I got the sense that he wanted to be with me. That he would stay with me forever if he could. Now it's like he doesn't want me there. It's like I was a bug that was following him. Unwanted and unnoticible. 

I did all I could to make him notice me. For example, I changed my looks. I used to walk around with my hair up. Braces taking over my mouth. I finally got my braces off. Straight teeth and pearly white. It was a nice smile (i think) I styled my hair every day. Something different then the day before. I put makeup but not a lot. I didn't want to look trashy. I gained many compliments from friends, family, classmates, even teachers. None from him though. Every time he saw me, a blank expression was shown. He would look away in a second. As if he didn't care or didn't bother. Most of the time he didn't even look at me. Why didn't he see it? All the effort I gone through. I wanted him to notice me. I wanted him back. 

After a while I was tired of the looks and stopped trying as hard. I fell into a small depression. I wanted him to be with me. I couldn't sleep at night. My thoughts were filled with questions and my dreams were filled with my imaginations together. I guess I looked real bad because the teachers kept sending me to the nurse. Concern was filled in their eyes every time they looked at me. I just wanted L.Joe. Just a small smile would brighten my day. Even if he looked at me for more then a second, I would have been overjoyed. Yet it never happened. 

Days gone by and I still longed for him. I put our relationship in question. Were we really together? Was this his way of saying he didn't want to be with me? If so then why not say it to my face? It would be less agonizing and painful. 

I decided that maybe I should confront him. Ask him these questions filling my mind. Maybe not all of them though. I decided to ask him tomorrow morning. Now wait that might be bad. What if my thoughts are true. I might end up heartbroken. I'll confront him in the afternoon. Yeah that seems better,

 

THE NEXT DAY

"HEY ~~~~!" 

I turned around to see who was calling me. It was my best friend Jiyeon. Oh Jiyeon. What a great friend she is. She's always there for me. Its like shes the sister I never had. She knows about my L.Joe predicament. She wanted to beat him up actually. She couldn't stand seeing me in the state I was. (and sorta still in) 

"Jiyeon annyeong! What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just got the new Iphone!"

"Seriously! Now you can join the millions of others who got one."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know what you're thinking. I couldn't reject this phone. My parents gave it to me as a present and I did not want to look like a bad child."

"Yeah but you looked like a spoiled one."

"YAH!"

"You know I love you!"

"Yeah yeah yeah. OH hey. Theres your wonderful and amazing boyfriend." 

You could hear the sarcasm just dripping out of as she rolled her eyes in disgust. Can't really blame her though. But I love him to much that I can't hate him.

"HI L.JOE!" I said. I waved at him and gave out my brightest smile. His pokerface was on and he left within a second. I expected that. It still hurt though. I wanted to crawl up in a bawl and just die right then and there. I always feel like that though. I could learn to cope. Hopeful soon.

"LOOK! YOU SAW THAT! JUST CONFRONT HIM OR SOMETHING! CAN I JUST GO----"

I cut her off before she could get even more heated up. If she kept going I'm sure she'd really kill him. That's something I don't want.

"Jiyeon-ah. I'm going to try to talk to him after school. Don't worry i'll finally settle this."

She finally calmed down. She was happy with the fact that i'll actually try to talk to him. She told me good luck and that if I needed her then call right away. After that she left for class as I headed to mine.

The hours passed and my head was filled with thoughts. I wondered how everything will go. Maybe It'll all end right then and there. I don't want it to end though. Yet I don't want it to continue like this. I want us to be a normal couple. I want to talk late at night with him on the phone. Go on a date at least once in awhile. I want to feel him hug me so I can feel safe and secure. I want to share the love I have with him. Will that ever happen though?

Finally the last bell rang. It was time to go home. I was nervous. I walked slowly to his locker. I hope when I get there, maybe he left already. If he was there though, I hope he would be alone. I was thinking that maybe I can turn back and not go through this. Honestly I don't like our relationship now but it feels better then knowing that he's actually gone from you. That the love will never be returned again. I was about to turn back when I noticed I was right behind him. He was searching through his locker. Looking for the books he needed. Even his back was handsome. It looked nice and strong. It took every ounce of my body to resist the need to hug him and just cling on. I took a breath and tapped his shoulder. He turned around. Half in annoyance and half in surprise. We stared at each other for who knows how long.

"ummmmm........hi" Really? Is that all I could say. Hi? 

We stayed silent for a bit then he nodded his head in meaning of saying hi. Not even a word come out of his mouth. It stung a bit in the heart. 

........

More silence. That is until he finally broke it.

"Not to be rude but why are you here?" 

A sentence. It was a bit shocking but I was really happy. I felt all giddy inside. It ended quickly though. I remembered why I was here in the first place.

"I wanted to know why you have been avoiding me."

More silence.

It was nerve racking and it took all my confidence to ask him that. I was scared of the answer and I was even more sacred that I'll end up heartbroken. It was so quiet that you can hear a pin drop. 

"Huh?"

huh? That's it. HUH? WHAT DID HE MEAN BY HUH! I know what 4minute means when they say huh. You know Hit Ur Heart. BUT WHAT DID HE MEAN? I was confused. 

"What do you mean huh?" I was starting to get a bit frustrated and I guess he saw that. He answered kindly as possible.

"Didn't you break up with me?

"Wait what? When? I never!" 

"Yes you did. You sent me a text two days after I asked you to be my girlfriend saying 'It's over. Sorry'."

I sent a text? What did I do that day? DId I send it to the him by accident? What exactly happened that day. Think.....think. It makes sense though. Because during that week the distancing began. Still I don't remember. Then it clicked. I was about to speak but I was beaten to it.

"You know I was heartbroken when you told me that. I couldn't bare it so I started to ignore you. It was hard though. You still texted me. Telling me good morning or good night. Telling me to keep myself healthy. You still said hi to me every day in person. It was like you were mocking me. Acting as if we were together. You even changed you're look. Each day you just got more beautiful. Every hairstyle you did fit you perfectly. I was mad when all the guys would stare at you. I wanted to rip their eyes out.  I was always watching you from a distance. I wanted to help you every time you tripped. I wanted to force feed you when you started to look pale and weak. My eyes would be focused on you. All I saw was you. I tried my best to distance myself and ignore you. Yet every time I wanted to run into your arms; asking you to come back. So I'm asking you now. Why did you end it?"

I felt guilty. This was my fault. All from my own mistake. I hurt him as much as I was hurt. He even noticed me when I thought he didn't. I felt touched. I looked up and saw tears forming in his eyes. Every word was said with pain and confusion. I had to fix this. I had to clear everything up. 

"L.Joe, I didn't send that text to you. It was supposed to go to my mother. It makes sense now. Explains why my mother was yelling at me stating that I never told her that her favorite drama was over. I claimed I texted her but it went to you instead. It was all a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to. I thought you didn't want me anymore so I did anything to make you notice me. I feel like an idiot. It was ll my fault. I'm so stupid. I'm sorry. I'm---"

Before I could continue I felt something covering my mouth. Something stopping me from continuing. It grabbed my full attention. It was soft and sweet. It was his lips on mine. So gentle and caring. What seemed like hours was only seconds. I blinked, unsure on what to do next. He looked at me with a soft gaze. He pulled me into a hug. He started to whisper.

"Just shut up and be mine again. For real this time."

I was happy and nodded. I burried my face into his chest. The sweet smell of him filled my senses. He felt warm and soft yet strong and and sturdy all at the same time. I can feel his heart beat. Beating loud and fast. It was the same as mine. I smiled at the thought. We can finally be together. Nothing stopping it. 

"Hey ~~~~."

"Neh?"

I looked up at him. A smile came on his lips.

"Who said you could call me L.Joe. Its Oppa to you!"

"Yah!"

"Not yah! It's oppa. Come on. Say it with me. O~ppa! L.Joe OPPA!" 

"Aish moment ruiner."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

We continued that for a few seconds until he lifted me up from the ground and spun me around. Making me land on the floor and kissing me again. 

"I'm not a moment ruiner. More like a moment starter."

With that he winked and took both our bags and walked out the school doors. I just stood there for a bit. He turned around with that same smile I've been missing for so long. It was truly genuine.

"YAH! Are you coming or what?"

I walked up to him and headed out. He grabbed my hand and we walked peacefully. Just enjoying the moment.

"Wait, where are we going oppa?"

He smiled at the sound of oppa. I could tell he was really happy with that.

"I'm walking you home silly! What else."

With that we were finally a couple. A couple who did normal things. 

He finally noticed me and I finally noticed him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ok that was bad........

THANKS FOR READING!

COMMENTS?

IT WASN'T EVEN CUTE LIKE I WAS HOPING! sobs sobs TT.TT