Prologue

Look At Me (날 바라 바라봐)

[Jeongyeon's POV]

 

 

"Pabo. (Stupid)I sighed as I stared at my phone.

"Did you say something to me?" Momo side-eyed me from the other end of the couch. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

"You're not the only pabo I know." I raised my phone to showed her what I was looking at.

"Oh. You meant that pabo." She grabbed the phone from my hand before I could even react and zoomed in at the photo.

"Nayeon unnie looks so pretty in this picture. " Momo looked up to me with a sad smile.

"I know. Of course she is." I said as she handed my phone back to me. She's so annoying. Her toothy grin. The way she smiles and stares at the camera like that. She's annoyingly beautiful.

"Tell her to bring home a bowl of Yukaejang after her date." She showed off a huge lopsided smirk.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her. "Then you message her! You have your own phone. Why do I have to relay that for you?"

"Eh? You're already holding your phone. I'm still charging mine. Why can't you just tell her?" Momo's eyebrows furrowed. She's looking at me with a deadpan expression with her face.

Seriously, this girl. When it comes to food, she becomes a completely different person.

"Because..." because...

I just shook my head and yelled loudly. "Because I'm not your messenger! If you want here." I slid my phone towards her. "Just call her or if you're really hungry, kaja. (Let's go) I'll buy you food instead. Ne, majayo... (Yes, that's right)" I stood up quickly and slapped her knee. "Pali, pali! (Hurry up!) Let's go out."

"Ani." Momo's face is serious, her eyes fixated at mine. She carefully picked her words, "I mean, why can't you just tell her that you love her?"

I was about to grab her by the leg and stopped midway. I looked away and slowly sat down again, my shoulders slumped.

"Because..." Because it's too late for that. I'm already too late. I messed up my chance.

"Because you're pabo." Her words ring in my head.

I let out a weak chuckle. I can't help but laugh at the irony.

"I know. I know I am."