Our Secret

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon was walking back to her house. Frustration, depressed, down. That was how she felt. After 10 years in prison, sacrificing for some she loves, only to witness the person married with someone else, have a child and is happy.

 

“I’m a pathetic loser,” Chaeyeon told herself.

 

Chaeyeon climbed up the stairs to her house located in the rooftop. The light outside was switched on, Chaeyeon wondered if someone came. Chaeyeon stopped when she reached the top. There was someone sitting on the bench in front of her house. A young lady, with black reddish hair, wearing a white suit, playing her phone.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

That lady switched her attention to Chaeyeon. She put her phone inside her handbag and stood. She walked to Chaeyeon and greeted,

 

“Hello Lee Chaeyeon,”

“Who are you? How did you know my name?”

“I know you very well, you are famous for killing that heir from K&T Corporation,”

“You are being rude, please leave,” Chaeyeon requested politely.

“Sorry, it’s the fact but don’t worry, I’m not here to insult you or anything. I’m here to offer a job for you,”

“A job?”

“You used to work as Kwon Eunbi bodyguard, right?”

“Yes, why?”

“I want you to work as my bodyguard,” She offered.

“Okay, first and foremost, I don’t know your name. And second, I am not interested,”

“Sorry my bad, I forgot to introduce myself,”

 

That lady fixed her coat and introduced herself,

 

“I’m Miyawaki Sakura, the CEO of K&T Corporation,”

“What? K&T?” Chaeyeon was surprised.

“I am Eunbi’s cousin who came from Japan, maybe you don’t know Miyawaki Sakura, but you must know Cherry because Eunbi used to call me that,” Sakura added.

“You are Cherry? The last time we met, you looked nerd with that big spectacles and that afro hair,”

“Out of everything you remembered that? I was crazy back then cause of that stupid business study,” Sakura scratched her head, feeling embarrassed.

“It’s amazing that you look really different now,”

“Why? Looking prettier?” Sakura questioned.

 

Chaeyeon paused.

 

“A bit,” Chaeyeon agreed.

“Great, so back to our business, do you want to be my bodyguard? I need someone I can trust,”

“Miss, listen. I killed your cousin, aren’t you afraid of me?”

“I believe you didn’t kill her,” Sakura said with confident.

“Why did you say that?”

“I know, I just knew it,”

“Fine, whatever. But I have no intention to return to K&T, it was my dark past,”

“So, you are refusing my offer? I will pay you a lot you know,”

“Thanks for the offer but no,” Chaeyeon refused politely.

“Hmm, let me tell you one thing. You were a prisoner. You have a bad record because you killed someone. Do you think anyone will give you job?”

 

Chaeyeon looked at Sakura. Sakura was right. She had been looking for job, but she was rejected because of her criminal record. Even the simple convenient store rejected her.

 

“Hello? Are you listening?” Sakura snapped her finger around Chaeyeon.

“Yes, I am,”

“So? Interested?”

“I need to think about it, I don’t think your family will like it that I work for you,”

“That’s my problem to deal with, and besides,” Sakura leaned to Chaeyeon’s ear and whispered, “If you work with me, I will help you to revenge on Hyewon, I know you hold a grudge on her,”

 

Chaeyeon widened her eyes. How did that girl know about Hyewon and her?

 

“I have nothing to do with Kang Hyewon,” Chaeyeon lied.

“You can’t lie to me, Eunbi told me everything about your relationship with Hyewon, I know everything,”

 

Chaeyeon gulped. She started to wonder what Sakura’s intention was.

 

“What is your point? Why are you doing this?”

“Lee Chaeyeon, that Hyewon goes around, ing every man in town, throw shades at me, spreading fake news about me, and her husband, Lee Jongsuk had no idea about it,” Sakura revealed.

“Her husband is Lee Jongsuk?”

“Do you know who he is?”

 

Chaeyeon shook her head.

 

“Lee Jongsuk is my stepbrother, her mom marry my dad and he is the one who take care of me, a successful businessman who worked by himself. He never asked help from my parent, not even once. His mistake is that he fell in love with that wench who was cheating behind him and wasting his money, giving them to all that toy boy of hers,” Sakura sounded really pissed.

“How did her marry Hyewon?”

“You know Hyewon was kicked out from K&T because of money abused. What we did not realise, she was flirting with my brother when my brother helped her running the company, that is how they got married,”

“So, why do you need me now? You have money and power so I’m sure it will be easy to get rid of her, don’t you?”

“5 years, I took that long trying to expose her, but it always ends in failure because I don’t know what her weakness is, she is good in covering up,”

“I won’t be any help though,”

“You are,”

“Why me?”

“I saw you guys today. She cried when she saw you, so I’m sure getting you by my side will gives great advantages, I’m confident her weakness is you,”

“I don’t know Miss, I really don’t want to go back there,” Chaeyeon stated.

“I will give you time to think, it just a simple work. Be my bodyguard and at the same time we deal with Kang Hyewon, here is my address” Sakura gave Chaeyeon her address on a piece of paper.

“I will take my time,”

“Great. I will leave now, I hope you think carefully,”

“I will,”

 

Sakura picked her handbag up and climbed down the stairs. Chaeyeon just watched her as a black car picked her up. Revenge on Hyewon? Chaeyeon kept thinking of that.

 

= = = = =

 

Chaeyeon was on her bed, looking up the ceiling of her small house. The light was dimmed. Chaeyeon suddenly felt like calling Hyewon. She dialled up Hyewon’s number and Hyewon picked up after the second ring.

 

“Hello?” Chaeyeon greeted.

“Chaeyeon?”

“Can we meet?” Chaeyeon asked.

“Meet? I don’t think that’s a good idea,”

“Why not? I’m sure you have explanation to do,” Chaeyeon insisted.

“Chaeyeon, I have a family now and I’m happy, so please understand me,”

“How about me? I was in prison for 10 years and you never visited me!”

“You volunteered! It’s not my fault!”

 

Chaeyeon’s could not believe what she just heard.

 

“I did that to save you and this is how you repay me?” Chaeyeon questioned in tears.

“Go abroad, I will give you money. But please don’t meet me again, I’m sorry I didn’t wait for you, I fall in love with my husband, I don’t want to ruin my life again,”

“So, you are really happy now?”

“You told me to be happy, so yes, I am happy now,”

“Good for you,”

“Give me you account number and I will give you money to move abroad,”

“I don’t need your money Kang Hyewon,”

“Then what do you want?” Hyewon asked.

“Nothing, I’m fine, don’t worry,” Chaeyeon said.

“Great, thanks for understanding. I owe you,”

“You are welcome,”

“I need to go now, Haru is crying,” Hyewon ended the call.

 

Chaeyeon looked at her phone. She was dumbfounded. Hyewon really treated her like a stranger. After all the sacrifice, Hyewon is pushing her away. Chaeyeon closed her eyes and slept. In her sleep, there was tears.

 

= = = = =

 

Ding Dong!

 

Sakura opened the door and was surprised to see Chaeyeon at her door so early in the mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter