Final

Chicken

Amongst all the houses lined up in a certain street, a girl’s scream managed to make its way out of the stratosphere and into the unknown galaxies out there. 

 

“NO MORE CHICKKKENN???” Yeri, the youngest of the household screamed while being pinned to the wall by her two older sisters to avoid thrashing the house from collapsing. 

 

“Calm down.. It’s just chicken. Besides-” The mum in the house blatantly let out a sigh, before whacking the girl’s head hard. 

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN.. IT’S JUST CHICKEN? I NEED CHI-CKEN AS MUCH AS I NEED COAAFFFEEEEE!!!” The girl continued to wail out loud but to no avail. 

 

Alas, their city had already been in a lockdown due to a commonly written disease in fanfics. 

 

Zombie Apocalypse. 

 

But something about this is different. Zombies that were infected don’t hunt people solely for food. Instead, they were attracted by their intense emotions. 

 

As Yeri gets increasingly annoyed by her lack of access to chicken, she didn’t realize how the entire house was surrounded with such kind-hearted zombies that would be willing to be part of their ‘party’. 

 

Meanwhile, a line from Joy’s mobile phone rang out..

 

“My friends are the friendliest friends!!” 

 

As if the zombies themselves have awareness and language recognition, all of them started shouting the same line, causing a huge ruckus that invited the neighbors’ attention. 

 

“See.. This is why I told you before not to get too agitated whenever something doesn’t go your way.” Joy jeered at the angsty Squirtle slouching at the corner while facing the wall. 

 

After a few minutes of silence, Yeri returned to the couch where she snuggled with her favorite pillow, none other than Joy.

 

“What are you doing so suddenly, clinging onto me like a tinie baby..?” Sooyoung stretched her arms and playfully rolled off to the side, leaving the turtle to balance on her own as her toes struggled to touch the ground. 

 

“Hey! You did that on purpose..” The girl was close to bursting out again but was immediately soothed by the warm hug given by the taller girl. 

 

“Now..Now.. We don’t want to attract unwanted attention to ourselves, do we?” The singer then wrapped the hangry child up softly with her blanket, inciting the girl to blush at an uncontrollable extent. 

 

Hanging her head low, Yeri doesn’t even need to know how many zombies were still hanging outside their house. At the same time, her cousin Wendy was too shocked to see the amount of these friendly zombies outside multiplying at an exponential rate. 

 

“Guess this is their form of entertainment?” Seulgi chuckled, seeing how her two sisters were getting along just fine. 

 

“It’s Christmas vacation after all..” Irene held her girlfriend’s hand as they tried to focus on what’s good at the moment as well.