Prologue

Lost in You

As soon as you enter the room, loud music blast in your ears. Your face scrunches due to the noise. This is the reason you don’t really go for a party like this. Music is fine but if it’s in small space and you put on the highest volume, it’s a pain for your ears.

You never hate music. In fact, you always dance to the music. But, you can’t really tolerate such noises in a small area like this. However, you can’t really say anything because this party is being held at someone’s house and the only reason you agreed to come here is because of Kim Jiyeon.

Kim Jiyeon, your new friend. She was the first one to greet you this evening when you and your family were unloading some stuffs from the car. She said that she heard that there will be a new family moving into the town so she decided to check it out.

Little did you know, she doesn’t only ‘check it out’ because she also ‘help it out’. In return, you asked her if she needs any help from you or something as a payback for her helping your family.

And here we are, in a room full of teenagers – dancing and drinking. Tonight is the last night for them to have fun since school semester will start tomorrow.

 “Sera, I’m gonna grab us both a drink okay,” Jiyeon said to you.

You nod your head and flash her a small smile while your eyes follow her as she walks away from you. Now, what? You thought.

Your eyes roam around the room. It’s a full house and you’re standing at the entrance door – which is not a good spot for you to be at because anytime the door can hit you if someone enters through it.

Without thinking much, you slowly walk passes by the people. As you walk, you witness some of them are drinking, some are playing games and some are… kissing. At least they are not doing any explicit things.

You continue to walk until you reach the kitchen. It’s empty. Of course it’s empty. People came here to have fun, not to cook dishes. You look around the place. It’s clean. There is not a single oil stain on the stove. The owner must be a clean freak.

“What are you doing in my kitchen?”

A voice made you turn your head around. There, standing tall a guy. His face is quite small and his skin is fair. But, what attracted him to you are his eyes.

His eyes aren’t that big but it’s quite piercing. If looks can kill, you might be dead by now. Although he had his hair down to his eyes, you can still sense that he’s staring at you.

Your eyes scan him from top to bottom. Leather jacket, white shirt, blue jeans. His hands are in his pocket. He seems quite intimidating. Who is he?

“I asked you, what are you doing in my kitchen,” he asked again, snapping you out from your thought.

“I’m sorry but the music is too loud for me. The living room is full of people and I need an empty space so I walked to your kitchen.”

He nods his head before his eyes roam around you from head to toe – just like what you did to him earlier – before tilting his head slightly. You look down at your outfit to make sure that it didn’t look weird or anything. He keeps on staring at you which makes you feel quite uncomfortable.

You frown slightly before crossing your arms against your chest. “What are you looking at?”

Your question managed to make his eyes move towards your face. With a soft chuckle, he shakes his head lightly. “Nothing. I just thought that you’re cute. Came to a party in white sweater and black pants? You’re cute.”

His words made you gulped down your saliva. You can feel your cheeks starting to get red due to the compliment. No, you can’t let him win. Shaking your head slightly, you look at him with challenging face, hoping that it can get rid of the blush at your cheeks.

“I guess this is how you flirt with ladies?” Your eyebrows raised as you finished your sentence.

You thought that he will be intimidated but the small smirk that he threw at you proved you wrong. He is not offended, he is amused.

He shakes his head once again. “No, that’s not how I flirt. But…”

The fact that he stopped midsentence got you curious. You were about to ask him what he wanted to say but his next actions stopped you.

With his hands still in his pocket, he walks slowly towards you. Your eyes widen at the sudden changes. You don’t know what to do but to back away, your arms slowly fall down to your side.

You didn’t notice that you already reached the dead end until your body collided with the counter. You were about to walk to another space when suddenly arms flew in front of you, trapping you between him and the counter.

“… this is how I flirt with girls,” he continued his sentence. You look up to his face. He became taller now since he is standing close to her. So close.

His eyes are so sharp that you can feel your face starts to heat up again due to his gaze. You look away from him and shut your eyes, trying to get rid of the blush once again.

“You can back off now,” you told him. In your head, you’re chanting and praying that you don’t stutter or else you will die of embarrassment.

His chuckle makes you turn towards him. It sounds so soft that it manages to increase your heartbeat. His small smirk after that makes you feel certain thing and it gives you butterflies in your stomach.

Is she starting to fall for him? This quick? No. I’m stronger than this. His next sentences once again interrupted your inner thought. “How can I back off if I haven’t kiss you?” Your eyes widen at his words and once again, he manages to make your head turn to him. A blush crept onto your face again and this time you can’t hold it in.

“Why would you kiss me?” Your question managed to let out another chuckle from him. Stop making that voice, you .

His hand reached up to caress your face gently. He smirks at the temperature of your skin. It feels hot. He managed to make you blush. You blush for him.

“Because I didn’t finish flirting with you yet. You asked me earlier how I flirt with girls. The answer is, I kiss them on the lips.”

He his lips as he finishes his sentence. Your eyes move to follow the direction of his tongue swiping across his upper lips. No. You can’t let this guy win. You must regain the control. You bite your lower lips slightly.

“What is your name,” you asked him softly, eyes still lingering at his lips.

Your question makes him frown a bit. Why would you need to know his name if he is just going to kiss you?

As if reading his mind, you look up to him before opening your mouth. “I need to know the name of the handsome guy that will be kissing me right now so that I can keep it in my memory.”

Your reasoning makes his face back away a bit from you. Interesting. This girl is interesting. He thought.

Without wasting any moment, he brings down his hand to your chin and tilt your head up so he can have better access to your lips. His eyes staring at your pink lips and at that moment, he knows that he needs to devour it.

“Bae Jinyoung. But, they call me Baejin. I hope you won’t forget that name.”

He was leaning his face closer to you before you place your hands against his chest, making him halt his movement and look up at your eyes.

 

*Jinyoung’s POV*

I hope my mind is playing tricks with me because I can see sparkles in her eyes. It looks so beautiful. I want to look at it forever. She is so beautiful.

My thought was interrupted with her arms suddenly snaking around my neck. Her face slowly leaning closer to me. Why do I suddenly feel a rush coming through my face? My eyes look down at her lips once again, waiting for it to come closer to mind. I think I’m feeling a bit high right now and it’s all because of her.

I was about to shut my eyes when suddenly, her voice interrupted the moment.

“Who said you can kiss me, Baejin?”

Her words make me open my eyes before she pushes me away from her. My eyes widen at the actions. Without saying any words, she walks away looking all mighty, my eyes follow the way she walks away from me.

A small smile plastered on my face. This is interesting. She, is interesting.