fin.

Insufferable
Please log in to read the full chapter

After arriving at the company Nayoung went in search of the documents her father wanted her to review. She assumed they were on her desk, but she found nothing. She called her father and learned that his secretary, Chilhyun, had put them away during remodeling a few weeks ago. Nayoung called Chilhyun and he told her that he had placed it in a large brown and black box. The said box was located in one of the storage rooms and placed atop of this weird loft-like shelf. Nayoung wondered why her father's secretary would place it here of all places and not with him or someone trustworthy. She figured it was to keep it hidden and secure from prying eyes since it was basically out of sight and view as people barely came in to these rooms.

"How am I supposed to get up there though?" Nayoung asked herself while glancing around to see if there was a step stool or something.

She spotted a step ladder that was folded in-between two smaller storage shelves. Once she got it set up against another storage shelf close to where the box was did she test it out to make sure it was stable enough to use. Nayoung let out a breath as she climbed the steps, then lifted herself on top of the shelf. She realized that she was still short and out of reach to grab the actual container.

"The next time Chilhyun puts something away, I'm gonna make sure he puts it somewhere with less work to get to it." She muttered as she maneuvered over to the next stoage self.

She let out a tired sigh when she realized that she was still out of reach so Nayoung tentatively moved closer as she stepped onto another slightly taller storage shelf next to the one she was currently standing on before climbing higher to an even taller one and arrived where she needed to be.

"I'm seriously gonna make sure he never does this again." Nayoung grumbled as she opened the box and found what she was looking for.

Nayoung only took what she needed and slowly made her way down the cabinets until she noticed that Jaehyun was standing where the step ladder should've been.

"Put the ladder back." She ordered in a firm tone while glaring at him.

"Why? You have me here." Jaehyun answered surely with a smile while holding out his arms to catch her.

"That's not reassuring. Put it back."

"No."

"Jaehyun." Nayoung said his name through gritted teeth.

"Nayoung." Jaehyun mimicked, but in a more playful tone.

"Why are you here, anyways? Aren't you supposed to be finding a new gift for Roah?"

"I wanted to be with you and as for the new gift, well, Roah can expect something in ten months."

"Gah, you're so annoying. Is that all you ever think about?"

"Not really, but when I'm around you it pops up quite often."

Nayoung was close to throwing the files at Jaehyun, but remembered that if she did then she would have to pick them up.

"C'mon, Love," Jaehyun tried coaxing her with a soft tone, "The faster you get down, the faster we can return back to your niece's birthday party."

She ran a hand through her hair annoyed knowing full well that it was either to be stranded on top of the storage shelf or have Jaehyun's help. Plus, she really didn't want to miss the rest of her niece's party. Nayoung had planned another special surprise for the little girl and didn't want to have Roah to miss it. When she glanced down at the male did she realized that he had a good view to look up her dress.

"Don't look up." Nayoung ordered in a flustered tone upon that realization while covering the front of her with the files although she knew the dress wasn't that short, but it still made her feel self-conscious.

"How am I supposed to catch you if I can't look at you to make sure?" Jaehyun countered with amusement in his tone.

"I meant don't look up my dress, Idi

Please log in to read the full chapter