Turtle-girl

The Turtle Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi so this is really inspired from the frog prince story where the person kisses the frog and they turn back into human, But we have turtle Yeri telling human Joy she needs to be kissed to turn back to a princess. Should be fun, enjoy and happy Joyri day!

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, shinneay, dmac20, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, tinybean, argonots, RedPaint, Maraga, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, Bjhksgsswpsykry, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93, RG_Blink, Tekiii, LOCOppl, AliyaViktoria, JayTaeng, YANGx_, lightsmeup, hanz316, Samlion, Normallyotp, j33200 . Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)
 

 

Park Sooyoung considers herself an animal lover as she adores most any and all animals. They also love her too, so it probably shouldn’t have surprised her that a turtle would follow her. Only there was something a little different about this turtle.

 

“Hey.” Sooyoung hears a voice from below her feet, and she tries to ignore it. After all, she isn’t drunk yet to be hearing voices

 

“Okay, Soo. You just need to keep walking.” She tells herself and keeps on walking. Perhaps, she’ll not hear the voice again.

 

“I know that you heard me.” 

 

Now that sounded like a voice for real, and not from in her head. Sooyoung looks down to see the source of the voice, and it’s a turtle. It’s bigger than most she’s seen, but the unique thing about this turtle is that it’s wearing a crown.

 

“What the hell?”

 

The turtle looks up at her with a frown and then she stands up completely. The sight shocks Sooyoung so badly that she falls onto the ground. The turtle walks over to her.

 

“Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!”

 

“Listen, you need to seriously calm down. Your screaming is making my head hurt.”

 

“Oh, yeah sure.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes. “I’m just going to listen to a talking turtle.” She realizes how idiotic that sounds and eyes the turtle suspiciously. How in the hell is the turtle talking in the first place?

 

“Why are you talking? You shouldn’t be talking!”

 

“I am not really a turtle. I’m a Princess that’s been cursed, and I need your help.”

 

Sooyoung just stares at the talking turtle like she’s speaking a foreign language. The turtle is telling her that she’s a Princess? Now, this isn’t exactly a fairytale, so what the hell is going on.

 

“You’re a princess?” 

 

“I am. I have to kiss my true love, and then I’ll turn back to a princess.”

 

“Oh, yeah, sure. Anyway, turtle. Have a nice day. I need to go home now, bye-bye!”

 

“Hey, wait a moment.”

 

Sooyoung gets up and takes off running for home. She doesn’t look back, not even when she hears that turtle yelling at her to get back here. The turtle sighs and shakes her head. Now, she has to track down that very tall, red-haired girl who has to be her true love. The wizard told her that her true love would be able to hear her speak, and so far no one else she’s spoken to has been able to hear her. For some reason, that girl currently running away must be her true love, or at least Yerim really hopes so. She would hate to be stuck as a turtle for the rest of her life, no offense to turtles. Sooyoung runs home. She runs faster than she’s ever run in her entire life. She locks all her doors, shuts all the windows, and reaches for the nearest beer. She must be drunk right now, it’s the only thing that will help her shot nerves.

 

“Turtles don’t talk. They can’t talk, and I’m probably just going crazy.”

 

She soon hears knocking at her window and looks to see it’s the same turtle from earlier. Sooyoung lets out a loud scream. How the hell did the turtle follow after her so fast.

 

“Why are you here?” Sooyoung demands to know. 

 

“Open the window!”

 

“Why should I listen to a talking turtle?”

 

“You should listen to me because I’m not really a turtle for real. I’m telling you I’ve been cursed, now can you open the window already!”

 

Sooyoung has the feeling she doesn’t have much choice. She really is still hoping she’s drunk or maybe high, otherwise this is a really messed up situation. The second she opens the window the turtle gets inside, and has a seat like a regular human would, but no that’s not scary at all. 

 

“How are you sitting?”

 

“I told you that I’m not really a turtle.”

 

“Fine, let’s say that I believe you. How did you get cursed anyway?”

 

“I’m glad you asked, now listen up. I’m only going to tell this story once.”

 

(Flashback)

 

Princess Yerim was a beautiful girl and everyone thought so. She knew it too, and wasn’t shy about making sure it was appreciated. She enjoyed when people complimented her looks, so much so that people started to think their princess was neglecting her duties in favor of herself. The court wizard took her aside and explained to her she was getting too vain.

 

“Princess, you must consider your actions and what it could lead to.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You put so much emphasis on your looks, princess. It’s deterring you from what you should care about, and that’s your kingdom.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, old man. I pay attention to the kingdom just fine, it’s not my fault I am so beautiful.” Yerim laughs then, and the old wizard frowns.

 

“Princess Yerim, you need to have a little lesson in humility. I’m afraid.” He raises his staff then, and the princess finds herself shrouded in a cloudy green mist.

 

“What the hell is happening!”

 

Yerim looks in the mirror after to see she is no longer her stunning and gorgeous human self. She isn’t even human. She is horrified to see a turtle’s face looking back at her.

 

“I’m a turtle!”

 

(End)


 

Sooyoung listened intently to the ridiculous story of the turtle. It sounds completely crazy, but at the same time it seems to make sense. How else would this turtle be wearing a crown and talking so clearly.

 

“Alright, let’s say I believe your story. What the hell do you think I’m supposed to do?”

 

“Well, you look reliable. Perhaps, you can help me find my true love.”

 

“Um…” Sooyoung pauses in thought. Should she help out this turtle who’s claiming to be a human? The story is really crazy. At the same time Sooyoung knows she’s not particularly busy.

 

“Well, I kind of need to wash my hair, rearrange my kitchen cabinets, and whatnot.”

 

Yerim frowns and hits the woman in the arm. “Hey! Is that anyway to treat the woman who’s going to help you find your true love!”

 

“There’s good news then, because I’m sure you’re my true love.”

 

“What!” The redhead screams. “How the heck did you come to that conclusion?”

 

“The wizard said my true love would hear me. You can hear me.”

 

“That doesn't mean anything. You think that means I’m your soulmate?”

 

Yerim nods. It makes sense to her and now all she needs to do is kiss the redhead girl. She leans up to kiss Sooyoung and of course the poor girl screams and shoves her away.

 

“Don’t put your lips on me!”

 

“I need you to kiss me. I want to be a human girl again.”

 

“I’m pretty sure I’m not your soulmate, Miss Turtle. I’ll help you find who is, okay?”

 

Yerim sighs and nods. She supposed this girl is her only hope. 

 

“I still think you’re my soulmate.” Yerim doesn’t actually voice this. The redhead is busy eyeing her curiously. What is she supposed to do with a talking turtle?

 

“What?” Yerim wonders.

 

“I just don’t know what the hell I’m supposed to do with you. You’re a talking turtle for god’s sake.”

 

Yerim shakes her head. “I’m not really a turtle, you know. If you’d just kiss me I would turn back to a girl already.”

 

Sooyoung laughs in a highly nervous manner before picking up the turtle and placing her on the couch.

 

“Yeah, I’m not kissing a turtle. But it’s been a hell of a day, we can start looking for your soulmate tomorrow. Um…” Sooyoung stops because she wonders if she has clothes small enough to fit the small turtle’s body. She supposes that she could find something off some old stuffed animals she has. It’s what she goes to do and returns with the shirt from a toy doll. Yerim looks at her with a wtf face before finally with help from Sooyoung she puts on the shirt.

 

“It’ll do I guess.” Yerim states and it sounds like some rich girl unimpressed. Sooyoung wonders if this turtle truly is a princess like she’s saying. Only that couldn’t be truly? Why on earth could this talking turtle be a princess? Sooyoung still feels like this is one big dream. She hopes she will wake up and this turtle will be gone from her life and she can resume life as always.

 

“Um, so what’s your name?”

 

“Yerim.” The turtle answers.

 

“Yerim, I’m Sooyoung, and it’s nice to meet you, I guess.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, now Sooyoung can you do me a really big favor?”

 

Sooyoung listens and waits to hear what the turtle is going to ask her, she can’t even believe she is thinking such thoughts? How in the hell is this currently her life? But here she is waiting and imagining all the possibilities, like maybe the turtle is hungry, maybe she needs more than a shirt, perhaps she wants a bedtime story read to her?

 

“Can you please…”

 

“Can I please?”

 

“Can you please kiss me already so I can become a regular girl again, this turtle thing isn’t working for me!”

 

Sooyoung proceeds to scream and then runs off which only makes Yerim sigh in frustration. She needs to stop scaring the girl away, because this is the girl who is her soulmate. The princess can’t explain how she knows but she does know. From the time she was a young girl she was always told that she would meet the person she was meant to be with and know instantly. Yerim couldn’t explain but she knew that this pretty woman was the one, perhaps it was because Sooyoung could understand her when no one else did, that must count for something, right? Surely it does. Yerim gets up and follows after the redhead. 

 

“Sooyoung?” She calls out in hopes that the girl will answer her, perhaps they are getting off on the wrong foot, that is possible after all. Yerim tries and remembers why she is cursed like this in the first place, and it’s all because of the wizard from her kingdom. He told her that she needed a lesson in humility and his fear was how her self-centeredness was going to be her downfall, now this her current reality. Perhaps, the key to getting out of this mess is not so much her true love, but getting out of herself? Yerim isn’t sure, however something tells her she does need Sooyoung’s help to do it.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

“What is it, turtle-girl?” The redhead asks from the doorway of her bedroom. Originally, Sooyoung planned to stay in her room and sleep it off, because she was still hoping it was all a terrible dream, and that she would awaken any moment now. However, on the slim chance she wasn’t really sleeping, dreaming, or losing her sanity. Sooyoung also for reasons she couldn’t explain simply couldn’t ignore the girl who swears she is a princess. Although, it seemed crazy somehow it could be true? The turtle is giving her royal vibes and everything, particularly with her rich-girl aura.

 

“I feel like we got off on the wrong foot, let’s start over.”

 

“S-Sure?”

 

Sooyoung prepares herself for what’s about to happen and it could truly be anything at this point, it really could. Her whole day has been one weird as hell mess, why should that stop?

 

“Hi, I’m crowned Princess Kim Yerim, first in line to inherit my throne, and I humbly ask your forgiveness if I scared you back there.” She bows too and it’s kind of cute, at least Sooyoung thinks she’s sort of cute. 

 

“Well, I’m Park Sooyoung and it’s nice to meet you, your highness.” She gives a curtsy of sorts and that makes Yerim chuckle. The sound of her laugh takes the redhead by surprise, it’s a bright and infectious sort of laugh. 

 

“Okay, well, now that it seems like we have a better introduction. I hope that means you’ll help me or at least think about it?”

 

Yerim looks up at her with a sad look that has Sooyoung feeling sympathy. She supposes she wouldn’t want to be stuck as some animal and no one believing her either.

 

“Yeah, sure, Yerim.”

 

“Now, I understand that you’ll say no, but…” she pauses and realizes that what was said wasn’t no, but the opposite of no. Yerim looks up at Sooyoung with wide eyes. Did the redhead just say yes, as in yes she will help her? 

 

“Did you just say yes?”

 

“I mean, I still could be losing all of my mind here, but I might as well help you out, I think I would want someone helping me if this was me stuck as a turtle.”

 

“Hmm, I think you would be stuck as a chicken.”

Sooyoung frowns and hears the way Yerim tells her she looks like a chicken, how very bold of this alleged girl who claims she is a girl stuck as a turtle to tell her she would be a chicken. 

 

“That’s not the kind of thing you want to say to someone helping you, just saying.” Sooyoung folds her arms over her chest, looking even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter