Final

Thorns

As usual, the monthly bills made its way from the postman’s hands to the letterbox just outside the household. But beneath the lid, all occupants living in the flat are just living..

 

Apparitions. 

 

---

 

“Yeojin, get the knife ready.” One of the girls residing in the kitchen shouted, to gain attention from the girl who’s always known for talking to demons in her head. 

 

“Yeah..Yeah.. Hold on.. My dad wants to show me something cool first. I’ll get that later when I’m done with him.” The girl then whistled as she hopped to the back of the yard, picking up a shovel and started to dig at her own pace. 

 

A woman sporting medium-length hair hummed as she walked out of the bathroom, with another lady walking right behind her. 

 

“Oh.! You’re done with the washing aren’t ya? Choerry is going to cook us a meal we won’t forget!” The merrymaker in the household put on a party hat on each of the two older sisters before her, before looking for her children and wives. 

 

Meanwhile…

 

“I’m going to put my special ingredient in.. For my family.. and enemy..”

 

---

 

It took the young girl a long while to dig to the deepest part of the ground when she noticed a yellow object lying within the dirt and branches. 

 

“...”

 

A love letter and a withered rose. 

 

More specifically, a small stem with thorns. 

 

---

 

“Yeojin. You’re the only one who hasn't tasted my food yet. Aren’t you hungry?” A figure with a menacing aura slowly crept up to the frightened girl’s back. 

 

“You.. are not Choerry..” A voice with minimum decibels could be detected from the frozen girl. 

 

“Of course, I’m Choerry. Who do you think I am?” The girl seemed to appear in front of the child almost as immediately as she finished speaking the statement as if she’s not a living person herself. 

 

“Here, you will most definitely enjoy this meal. I promise it’s not burnt.”

 

With that, the child was sent to infinite hell straight away. 

 

---

 

‘Latest news report of this afternoon shook the entire community from the Westflake River.. Police appeared at the crime scene, only to find a girl 15 years of age drenched in the blood of people who are reportedly close to her..’ 

 

The news anchor at the scene of the murder was so terribly disturbed by the horrific display of the torture not yet spoken that the television screen immediately faded to static. 

 

On the table nearby where several ‘Certificates of Honour’ stood, all had ‘Choi Yerim’ printed on it.