Traveling

Burning Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry for the long-ish wait for this chapter. I've been a bit busy, and living through this global pandemic is difficult. I hope you guys are alright.

Enjoy the chapter! :)

Was it possible to kill a dragon with annoyance?

Theoretically, the answer would be no. There were only a few things that could kill such a powerful magical creature. Besides, some would claim that it was impossible for annoyance to kill even just a mere human being. Let alone a dragon.

However, Yesung would beg to disagree as he traveled with Kyuhyun. If dragons made bets, Yesung would wager that Kyuhyun would annoy him to death long before they even reached the dragon realm!

The trip started out just fine enough. 

… Well as fine as it could be with Kyuhyun practically freaking out when he had learned that Yesung had been planning to just walk until they got to the city’s limits.

As soon as they got out of the apartment building, Yesung turned right. Kyuhyun grabbed the back of his shirt.

“Where are you going? The bus stop is this way.” Kyuhyun jabbed his thumb to the opposite direction.

“Bus stop?”

Kyuhyun frowned. It was either Yesung was really a dragon, making him unfamiliar with normal things such as bus stops, or Yesung was just a dunderhead. Kyuhyun preferred to go with the second option.

“You know, the shed where people wait for buses to pass by so that they can ride them,” Kyuhyun said slowly.

Yesung now looked a bit puzzled. “Oh. But I had not been intending to ride a bus.” He had seen the transportation method many times during his excursions to this world, but he had never ridden one.

“How the hell do you expect to get out of this city, then?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Walking? It was what I did when I first got to this city. I walked from the city’s border to your apartment. And walking has been how I have been following you around since I had gotten here.”

“You expect me to walk all the way to the city’s border?!” Kyuhyun asked incredulously, his voice becoming his pitched at the thought of walking so far.

“Yes,” Yesung frowned, not understanding why Kyuhyun was making such a big deal out of it. Then, he remembered his rider’s natural aversion to physical activities, and his frown deepened. “It is not too much of a problem, is it?”

“Hell yes, it’s too much of a problem! I am not walking that far!” Kyuhyun insisted. He grabbed Yesung’s arm and dragged him along, heading toward the bus stop. “We’re taking the bus! Even by bus, getting out of the city would take a couple of hours! How much more if we just walk all the way there?!”

Yesung silently wondered what Kyuhyun would expect to do once they got out of the city and into the wilderness. You know, where there were no more buses to ride. Somehow, the dragon did not think that Kyuhyun would react so well to having to do so much physical activity.

The bus ride itself was kind of alright.

After waiting at the bus stop for a few minutes, a bus came along, and Yesung dubiously eyed it. But when its doors opened, Kyuhyun prodded him on the back, and he had no choice but to cautiously climb up the bus’s steps. Kyuhyun paid their fare, and he pushed Yesung into a seat near the back of the bus.

“Now, this is more like it!” Kyuhyun smirked as he put down his many bags and sat beside Yesung.

As the bus took off, Kyuhyun lounged comfortably on his seat, but Yesung kept looking around.

“Will you relax?” Kyuhyun grumbled, rolling his eyes, when he finally became bothered by Yesung’s fidgeting. “It’s just a bus ride.”

“I have never been on a bus before,” Yesung admitted.

“Really?” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened to the size of saucers. “Well, first time for everything, right? Now, you get to experience the wonders of transportation! And you’ll never want to go back to just walking everywhere. Ugh.” Kyuhyun made a face at the thought. He was fine with walking short distances, but how would anyone possibly just walk to everywhere?

Halfway through the bus ride, though, Yesung eventually got used to being in a bus and relaxed; Kyuhyun was now the one who was frequently twitching and fidgeting, quite far from his comfortably lounging position during the start of the ride.

“What is the matter?” Yesung asked as Kyuhyun accidentally elbowed him as he fidgeted in his seat.

“I think I’m going through withdrawal,” Kyuhyun admitted, looking slightly sheepish.

“Withdrawal?”

“Yeah, you know, like when a drug addict refrains from taking drugs for a period of time and feels unwell due to the sudden stop of drug consumption? I think I’m experiencing withdrawal from being parted from my video games.”

Yesung raised an eyebrow. “You do realize that you have just basically admitted that you are addicted to gaming, right?”

“Gaming addict, and proud of it!” Kyuhyun said proudly, puffing out his chest. Then, he started twitching again.

“Seriously? It has only been about an hour. And you are already experiencing ‘withdrawal’?”

“That’s already too long for me! And there’s also the thought that I won’t be able to play my games for even longer!” 

Yesung sighed and just went back to looking outside the window, ignoring his rider’s crazy mumbling of “My games…” and “My preciousssssss…” and “Need to crush and dominate other players…” and “Feel like clicking buttons…” and “My gaming reputations… My honor….”

As Yesung had anticipated, walking through the wilderness did not go well with Kyuhyun.

Once they reached the city limit and got off the bus, Yesung led Kyuhyun along a street, Kyuhyun already struggling a bit due to carrying several huge, bulky bags. Even with having just packed essentials, actual essentials that would (somewhat) fit Yesung’s definition of the term and not games and other comforts of life that Kyuhyun would only like to think as necessary, Kyuhyun still managed to have so many things with him. As the dragon and his rider walked, the buildings and houses that they were passing were gradually becoming smaller and less impressive. Eventually, there were no long any establishments or structures around them, and they were surrounded by trees and large stretches of grass instead. The paved road also gave way to a rough, dirt path instead.

Technically, they were only walking for a short amount of time (it had barely been fifteen minutes!), but Kyuhyun was already sweating out buckets, partly because of his heavy baggage and mostly because he had spent too much time with video games and was unused to physical activities. 

“Are we there yet?” Kyuhyun, in Yesung’s opinion, whined like an impatient child on a travel trip as he wiped his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand.

“We have barely left the city,” Yesung frowned at him. “The dragon realm is still a long way from here.”

“Assuming that the nonexistent dragon realm is actually real, of course. Which it isn’t,” Kyuhyun muttered irritably. His temper, which had never been that great, to be honest, was becoming shorter and more easily triggered due to his exhaustion.

Yesung tried to ignore his rider’s snark and said instead, “Do not worry. We are still too close to the city for now, so I cannot risk other peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter